Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Muirium
µ

30 Sep 2015, 00:27

Sure. But as you mentioned dyesub, there are more PBT purists around here (and among the Cherry crazy dyesub hoarders) than there are doubleshot daredevils. The colour problem is real, as is SP's adamant refusal to do PBT SA, but Granite is a tour de force and we could do so much more on dyesubs if 7bit was to get in on them.

zslane

30 Sep 2015, 01:00

I have plenty of love for dyesub as a method. It's just that I prefer the look (and the light-on-dark capabilities) of double-shot more. I like the durability of PBT, but I like the SA profile more. Given where we stand with regard to all these factors, I am currently a die-hard double-shot ABS fan far more than I am a dyesub PBT fan. The day some adventurous vendor out there starts making double-shot PBT keycaps in SA (or equivalent) profile--with reasonable MOQs, mind you--my allegience will shift quickly I'm sure.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

30 Sep 2015, 01:05

Muirium
µ

30 Sep 2015, 01:06

Oh, don't you worry, that one's in progress. And it'll be even better than a hypothetical dyesub SA. Because it's beamspring based!

zslane

30 Sep 2015, 01:12

I thought beamspring referred to the switch mechanism, not the keycaps. I'm confused.

zslane

30 Sep 2015, 01:14

Making dyesub PBT keycaps in a sculpted, spherical profile feels like trying to win only half the battle. Add double-shot to the mix and now you've got my attention!

CmputrBlu

30 Sep 2015, 03:15

Ohhh..I got some stuff in the mail today! Round 5 leftovers. Cool Row 1 shape; never seen this before live. Probably best to put them away till the rest of my stuff shows up. Whenever that will be. :)

skaloola

30 Sep 2015, 09:39

Any chance of ever seeing the hashbang or vim SA keys get produced again?

HONEY/HASHBANG (or whatever)
HONEY/VIM (4 colors + original green please =)

i want....

claegg

30 Sep 2015, 10:17

So has all been sent out by now? Specifically #511?

Evilcamels

30 Sep 2015, 17:41

Well, Google decided that my high activity was not within their terms of service and my account has been closed. All recent payments should be returned to sender by Google. If your payment does not get returned that means I received it before my account was closed. 7Bit and I will talk but as of now, the only payment option is PayPal (make sure you add the PayPal item to your order to counteract the fees PayPal takes if you want to use PayPal) Do not send any payments to the google wallet, even if the bot tells you too because it is not updated. Your money may enter limbo if you do.

Muirium
µ

30 Sep 2015, 17:46

Google is awesome! If only everyone was as cool and friendly and harmless and transparent as them. Google should run for president. They could even count the votes.

7bit

30 Sep 2015, 17:54

Evilcamels wrote: Well, Google decided that my high activity was not within their terms of service and my account has been closed. All recent payments should be returned to sender by Google. If your payment does not get returned that means I received it before my account was closed. 7Bit and I will talk but as of now, the only payment option is PayPal (make sure you add the PayPal item to your order to counteract the fees PayPal takes if you want to use PayPal) Do not send any payments to the google wallet, even if the bot tells you too because it is not updated. Your money may enter limbo if you do.
No need to act in any way. You will automatically receive an invoice with PayPal payment instructions.
:-)

MrWildBunnycat

30 Sep 2015, 18:00

Is... Is today really the final deadline?...

7bit

30 Sep 2015, 18:02

No, just end of month.
:o

But next month, will be a real deadline.
:roll:

The next deadline comes from SP, they want all SVG graphics submitted by 1 November 2015.

romany

30 Sep 2015, 18:03

hello 7bit.

how are you?

my order #0143 is missing.

keypad 0 key cap(2.0 size) 2pcs and

HONEY/KBDRUNNER/WHITE row1 1pcs

I'm still waiting more than a month but missing key cap is did not arrive.

How much longer can I get?

7bit

30 Sep 2015, 18:09

I've not forgotten you. Just had to ship all orders before I can ship replacements.

I'm quite sure it will take 1-2 weeks until I can ship those keys to everybody.

misha

30 Sep 2015, 18:11

So I got my initial invoice, paid it with Google Wallet. The next day I decided to add on one more thing and I got the invoice this morning. The stranger thing is a little while later I got another invoice (same invoice #) but it's a PayPal one with the additional fees. I'm in the USA and have already paid most of the invoice as I paid right away when I got the first invoice. Should I just pay the difference through Google Wallet? Do I wait for my first payment to post on the invoice?

Help is appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: I just saw your post 7bit, PayPal it is. Thanks.

zslane

30 Sep 2015, 19:36

Yeah, 7bit can ignore my PM to him now that I see what is going on.

None of this surprises me though. I think my apprehension with Google Wallet is well documented on page 301. But going forward I guess it's PayPal from now on. However, I'm unclear what evilcamels is referring to when he speaks of "the PayPal item to counteract the fees". What item? Is there an item code listed on the Round 5a page somewhere?

Muirium
µ

30 Sep 2015, 19:42

Try sending PAYPAL to the bot. I know the SEPA kit is PAYEUR.

Evilcamels

30 Sep 2015, 20:17

Thank Muirium, I wasn't sure what the kit name was, I had just gotten out of bed and was rushing to class when I posted.

tyrrvk

30 Sep 2015, 20:46

Hi 7bit:
I've gotten numerous confirmation emails about my order, however, I just noticed that my shipping address has:
-- \emph{name missing} --

Is that a problem? I can PM you that info.
Have shipments gone out?

sqapy

30 Sep 2015, 21:35

Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 12.51.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 12.51.10 PM.png (180.58 KiB) Viewed 7510 times
sqapy wrote:
justcallmecrash wrote:
sqapy wrote: @7bit! finally it's coming through!
Do you have an estimate of the time between when it shipped out and when you got it? I'm in NC, so I should be looking at about the same amount of time. Thanks.
So Initially i found out the tracking number on my invoice by 7bot on 21st, then for couple days it didn't appear neither on deuchepost or USPS, after 7Bit told me just keep looking on USPS site with same tracking number, it finally appeared there in 25th, and it went to NJ today, but destination is California, i hope it will come this week, will let you know once i get it!
Here is an update!

justcallmecrash

30 Sep 2015, 21:58

sqapy wrote:
Here is an update!
Awesome!!! Good looking out.

justcallmecrash

30 Sep 2015, 21:58

Here is an update!
Awesome!!! Good looking out.

7bit

30 Sep 2015, 22:51

Muirium wrote: Try sending PAYPAL to the bot. I know the SEPA kit is PAYEUR.
Please don't!

I've set a flag to 0, so everybody who got Google Wallet payment information in the past, will get PayPal payment information.

Is there anybody willing to collect GoogleWallet money?

7bit

30 Sep 2015, 22:55

tyrrvk wrote: Hi 7bit:
I've gotten numerous confirmation emails about my order, however, I just noticed that my shipping address has:
-- \emph{name missing} --

Is that a problem? I can PM you that info.
Have shipments gone out?
Yes, I've sent those people those mails and finally shipped 2 packages with their name missing and both came back.
:roll:

Unless you submit a propper address, I will not ship it.

That -- \emph{name missing} -- thing prints out in italics, so i see it more clearely that this sticker should not be used as an address label.

Submit your address without a name again, if you think it will arrive without one. But as long as the name missing thing is there, i can see that you did not yet take care of your address.

Submitting addresses is still the same:
pm to 7bot:
ADDRESS
your shipping address

hashbaz

30 Sep 2015, 23:28

hashbaz wrote: I seem to be missing HONEY/CURSOR/R3/BLACK from my order (#0103). Is there a procedure to follow?
Hi 7bit. What should I do here?

zslane

30 Sep 2015, 23:53

I just noticed I am ranked #28 on 7bit's GB expenditure roster. I guess that's pretty weak, but this is my first GB after all.

zslane

30 Sep 2015, 23:55

7bit wrote: Is there anybody willing to collect GoogleWallet money?
And face the same irritating treatment that evilcamels just received? Who wants that?

Muirium
µ

30 Sep 2015, 23:59

zslane wrote: I just noticed I am ranked #28 on 7bit's GB expenditure roster. I guess that's pretty weak, but this is my first GB after all.
Impressive. Here's mine:
7bot wrote:This puts you on rank #31.

Please order more to improve your ranking!
I know what a metric shit-ton of Round 5 looks like. Guess you're getting an imperial shit-ton!

Return to “Group buys”