ANSI & ISO GON JD40 styled plate/case (MOSTLY SHIPPED)

samhwang

13 Dec 2015, 21:03

wafflepc wrote:
samhwang wrote: Hey WafflePC

just curious, is there anything wrong with my order ? I contacted you a long while ago regarding postage but you didnt reply.
My bad, thought i replied, accidentally left a draft. Nothing is wrong!
so, no extra transfers or anything ?

wafflepc

13 Dec 2015, 21:45

samhwang wrote:
wafflepc wrote:
samhwang wrote: Hey WafflePC

just curious, is there anything wrong with my order ? I contacted you a long while ago regarding postage but you didnt reply.
My bad, thought i replied, accidentally left a draft. Nothing is wrong!
so, no extra transfers or anything ?
Check pm

ocodo

14 Dec 2015, 01:05

I missed this, are there any leftovers / unwanted?

heroinbob

14 Dec 2015, 02:11

ocodo, I have 2 ansi plate sets - i'm willing to part with (they haven't been shipped yet).
PM wafflePC and let him know if you want one (or both), he'll contact me to confirm.

Paul (HB)

ocodo

14 Dec 2015, 06:41

Great news! I'll pm waffle and you to sort out the details

heroinbob

15 Dec 2015, 06:11

Wafflepc - whats the status? I have not received the plates.

drrtyrokka

15 Dec 2015, 06:46

Here in Germany, I am still waiting for my two plates, too.

heroinbob

15 Dec 2015, 06:51

I'm in the USA - takes 3 days to ship first class mail East-Coast to West-Coast. 5-7 if shipped econo-ground.

wafflepc

16 Dec 2015, 00:38

Ok, sorry for the delays. All of the people who are overseas, ordered multiple plates, or ordered ISO have not been shipped yet. It is also the holidays, where shipping takes a day or two longer, and i am shipping economy because of the sheer number. i am very sorry for the amount of time it took to order them in the first place, but i assure you that they will arrive before the new year if you are in the US. I am very busy on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays, so i cant ship on those days or even package them. I am also not really able to respond to PMs or reply to this forum on those days. I will be on top of this forum on thursday to. I am very sorry for the delay.

ehwc

16 Dec 2015, 02:28

Thanks for the update!
wafflepc wrote: All of the people who are overseas, ordered multiple plates, or ordered ISO have not been shipped yet.
So for those of us who ordered a single set and are in the US, should we assume they've been shipped out?

wafflepc

16 Dec 2015, 02:40

ehwc wrote: Thanks for the update!
wafflepc wrote: All of the people who are overseas, ordered multiple plates, or ordered ISO have not been shipped yet.
So for those of us who ordered a single set and are in the US, should we assume they've been shipped out?
Most likely. I have a large pile sitting next to me of packaged plates, and there might be a few left in there.

Cucumberino

16 Dec 2015, 15:19

wafflepc wrote: Ok, sorry for the delays. All of the people who are overseas, ordered multiple plates, or ordered ISO have not been shipped yet. It is also the holidays, where shipping takes a day or two longer, and i am shipping economy because of the sheer number. i am very sorry for the amount of time it took to order them in the first place, but i assure you that they will arrive before the new year if you are in the US. I am very busy on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays, so i cant ship on those days or even package them. I am also not really able to respond to PMs or reply to this forum on those days. I will be on top of this forum on thursday to. I am very sorry for the delay.
That means that if you bought just one ANSI plate but from overseas (Europe in my case) it's most likely that it got shipped?

EDIT: Nvm I read it wrong. I guess more waiting then...

wafflepc

17 Dec 2015, 23:40

I have sent out all that i have proper information on. There are about 3 that i dont expect to get a reply on, and then 2 that i do within the next week, and then i have 1 that i just got information for. Everyone elses is shipped!

FreeCopy

18 Dec 2015, 01:33

Plate arrived today. Looks really nice and I love the weight of it. I'll probably start building it this weekend.

Thanks, wafflepc!

RoostrC0gburn

18 Dec 2015, 03:54

got mine today too. this is probably a couple pounds of plates!

studyourheart

18 Dec 2015, 16:31

Mine arrived as well. Looks even better in person!

studyourheart

19 Dec 2015, 06:21

Huston, we have a problem.Looks like the spacing between the f row and number row is off. you van see in the photo that the holes for the function row are out of alignment with the hole in the plate. the rest of the keyboard seems to line up nice, but the f row is too close to the others. anyone else having this problem? if not, can someone with a phantom pcb measure the distance between the f row and the number row on their pcb? this is the only non-60% kyboard I have, so I am not able to do any testing. Thanks!
Attachments
stainlessphoto.jpg
stainlessphoto.jpg (31.9 KiB) Viewed 6804 times

FreeCopy

19 Dec 2015, 07:55

studyourheart wrote: Huston, we have a problem.Looks like the spacing between the f row and number row is off. you van see in the photo that the holes for the function row are out of alignment with the hole in the plate. the rest of the keyboard seems to line up nice, but the f row is too close to the others. anyone else having this problem? if not, can someone with a phantom pcb measure the distance between the f row and the number row on their pcb? this is the only non-60% kyboard I have, so I am not able to do any testing. Thanks!

You're right. It is quite a bit off unfortunately. Everything else lines up perfectly.

Also, if it matters, I have ANSI.

Here's an image of it lined up with another Phantom plate I have:

Cucumberino

19 Dec 2015, 14:10

Well shit. What can we do now?

Spaceman1200

19 Dec 2015, 17:51

Plates would work with a hand wiring job, but i doubt anyone wants to deal with that.

drrtyrokka

19 Dec 2015, 20:28

Come on ... really?!

Parod

19 Dec 2015, 22:16

wafflepc wrote:
sethk wrote:What TKL PCB is this designed for?
Phantom, but others will work I believe. I'm pretty sure the gonkeyboards pcb will. If it uses a teensy 2.0 then it should work.
studyourheart wrote: Huston, we have a problem.Looks like the spacing between the f row and number row is off...
:x

LeandreN

19 Dec 2015, 23:31

Hey mates!

I just saw the issue. I am not the designer or GB runner, so i have no responsebility for this, but i thought i would let you know what the files that i recieved were.

Here is the plate, as i got the file, beside the standard ANSI 100% plate.

Here i put it on top on the other plate

The plate was simply not designed correctly and is not a factory issue. Just thought to let you guys now. I hope WafflePC will be back with something.

Contact me everytime you want,

LeandreN

Cucumberino

20 Dec 2015, 00:15

Spaceman1200 wrote: Plates would work with a hand wiring job, but i doubt anyone wants to deal with that.
Yeah specially since for example I got a GON PCB and have been waiting just for the case for a long time.

What I thought is maybe hand wiring to the PCB only those switches but not sure how that would work...

wacko78

20 Dec 2015, 01:04

Just received the plates. Same issue as others. Had bought a phantom pcb some months ago and had been waiting for these plates. So bummed.

ehwc

20 Dec 2015, 03:04

I came here to let everyone know I received mine and then..

Sigh.

keysmasher

20 Dec 2015, 06:28

I was checking in on this thread and saw the alignment issues. So I checked my pcb and it is fine. I popped in a few switches too
1.jpg
1.jpg (229.94 KiB) Viewed 6685 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (237.01 KiB) Viewed 6685 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (199.95 KiB) Viewed 6685 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (239.53 KiB) Viewed 6685 times

Parod

20 Dec 2015, 06:46

keysmasher wrote: I was checking in on this thread and saw the alignment issues. So I checked my pcb and it is fine. I popped in a few switches too
Nice! It looks like us winkeyless/GON pcb users can sigh in relief (I'm pretty sure they're the same). But the phantom PCB still won't fit...

I actually never noticed the difference in layouts until now. Weird.

studyourheart

20 Dec 2015, 07:41

so it's simply a phantom issue? that's not so bad. seems strange though that gon/winkeyless are different spacing there. so only big problem here is with phantoms at this point? any other non-phantom people able to confirm?/

Cucumberino

20 Dec 2015, 10:50

Parod wrote:
keysmasher wrote: I was checking in on this thread and saw the alignment issues. So I checked my pcb and it is fine. I popped in a few switches too
Nice! It looks like us winkeyless/GON pcb users can sigh in relief (I'm pretty sure they're the same). But the phantom PCB still won't fit...

I actually never noticed the difference in layouts until now. Weird.
Holy crap, I feel so lucky that I went for the GON PCB then. Hope that everyone that got a Phantom PCB finds a solution.

Return to “Group buys”