ANSI & ISO GON JD40 styled plate/case (MOSTLY SHIPPED)

Theanyday

20 Dec 2015, 23:29

Here I am with my Phantom PCB but I still don't have my plates. Now I'm finding out about the alignment issue. :?

wafflepc

21 Dec 2015, 16:22

I cant believe this. Holy fucking shit. I didnt even realize this. I am so sorry and very dissapointed. Ill update again when i get home.

RoostrC0gburn

22 Dec 2015, 10:10

Waiting..

braidn

22 Dec 2015, 18:44

Well that makes up my mind. Going win keyless. Good to know. Also got mine and it looks and feels amazing!

Cucumberino

22 Dec 2015, 18:54

Did someone from Europe get it yet? I'll be out two days and would be lucky as hell if it arrived tomorrow.

Spaceman1200

24 Dec 2015, 17:23

Got mine the other day, Glad i haven't ordered a pcb yet

wacko78

24 Dec 2015, 19:18

So wafflepc, what are our options? Are we SOL? I did buy the plates specifically for a phantom build. Just let us know. Communicate.

Cucumberino

24 Dec 2015, 19:31

wacko78 wrote: So wafflepc, what are our options? Are we SOL? I did buy the plates specifically for a phantom build. Just let us know. Communicate.
Looks like he doesn't have a lot of time to check this but I'm pretty sure he'll do something.

wafflepc

24 Dec 2015, 19:49

For phantoms this plate does not work. I had a lengthy conversation with the designer and took many measurements and such, and like others have said, it does work with the GON pcb.

wacko78

24 Dec 2015, 20:09

So ... anyone interested in buying a set of plates for GON/winkeyless PCB?
Last edited by wacko78 on 24 Dec 2015, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

RoostrC0gburn

24 Dec 2015, 20:37

wafflepc wrote: For phantoms this plate does not work. I had a lengthy conversation with the designer and took many measurements and such, and like others have said, it does work with the GON pcb.
We know the plate does not work with the phantom pcb. We want to know what you plan to do about it to make this right.

wafflepc

24 Dec 2015, 20:49

If you want a refund, you can send it back and get a refund. I actually lost money getting them shipped out because of how cheap i tried to make them, so there isnt much i can do.

heroinbob

25 Dec 2015, 01:34

so... who's doing a GB for GON/Winkeyless pcb's?

I ordered pcb + feet from GON - costs about $120 shipped to US (soldered diodes/resistors, non-anodized feet)

wacko78

25 Dec 2015, 03:36

heroinbob wrote:so... who's doing a GB for GON/Winkeyless pcb's?

I ordered pcb + feet from GON - costs about $120 shipped to US (soldered diodes/resistors, non-anodized feet)
That'll work.

RoostrC0gburn

25 Dec 2015, 11:13

wafflepc wrote: If you want a refund, you can send it back and get a refund. I actually lost money getting them shipped out because of how cheap i tried to make them, so there isnt much i can do.
How about another run of just plates for the phantom?

keysmasher

25 Dec 2015, 21:27

it sucks the phantom pcb won't fit. I'm glad I went with a GON pcb but I did want to build a phantom board as well. I went to the wiki and found the Phantom's plate cad drawing. the cad drawing shown is to fit a filco case. So I converted it to metric in CAD and I've drawn to match the same border as the original. I''m willing to help out and dimension this out with others help as I do not have a Phantom PCB. Check out my dimensions to see if they are correct. I want to make sure I converted from Inches to MM correctly. everything in red is from the original Phantom CAD drawing in the wiki. I did not mess with any of the key placement.
PHANTOM PLATE MOCKUP.pdf
(7.98 KiB) Downloaded 207 times

drrtyrokka

26 Dec 2015, 18:43

Still waiting here in Germany. I wanted to build a Phantom board too, so what we're doing now?

RoostrC0gburn

27 Dec 2015, 00:16

I'm looking into local options to get a plate fabricated for the phantom. Thanks for the mock-up, keysmasher

keysmasher

27 Dec 2015, 01:52

not a problem Roostr. could you do me a favor and give me a measurement from center of the switch hole the edge of the phantom pcb on all sides? I want to make sure that I draw up a middle layer that wont interfere with the switches. I can send. If I can get those dimensions, I can finalize a cad file that can be sent out to a laser cutting shop.

RoostrC0gburn

27 Dec 2015, 12:35

keysmasher wrote: not a problem Roostr. could you do me a favor and give me a measurement from center of the switch hole the edge of the phantom pcb on all sides? I want to make sure that I draw up a middle layer that wont interfere with the switches. I can send. If I can get those dimensions, I can finalize a cad file that can be sent out to a laser cutting shop.
Sure. I'll work on this the next couple days. Pm me

Cucumberino

29 Dec 2015, 16:28

Mine just arrived. I'm on Spain. Fits my GON PCB just fine. Build time!

Meddle

29 Dec 2015, 20:36

Well this is a kick in the nuts. I've got plates and a PCB, with nothing to do with either.

RoostrC0gburn

31 Dec 2015, 20:19

Ok, finally got out the calipers. I took measurements from the pause/break key to either edge of the plate. I also took measurements of the cutout for the switch. From these measurements, you should be able to figure out where the center of the cutout is.

My cheapo calipers are probably off by a tenth of a millimeter or so. I think it's probably safe to round to the nearest decimal value.

Here's the goods:

From switch cut out to right side of plate
Spoiler:
Width of switch cut out
Spoiler:
From switch cut out to to of plate
Spoiler:
Height of switch cut out
Spoiler:
If any of this is unclear, let me know
Last edited by RoostrC0gburn on 02 Jan 2016, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.

samhwang

01 Jan 2016, 08:34

so in short, this would not work with a Phantom right ? :( Man I hope this would be great for my Phantom build.

Guess I'll have to send in a message for a refund since OP hadn't posted to me yet.

RoostrC0gburn

02 Jan 2016, 20:07

i realized that i may have completely misunderstood what you needed, keysmasher. i took some more measurements and pictures. hopefully this is more helpful?
Spoiler:

keysmasher

03 Jan 2016, 03:41

RoostrC0gburn wrote:i realized that i may have completely misunderstood what you needed, keysmasher. i took some more measurements and pictures. hopefully this is more helpful?
Spoiler:

Thanks Roostr! You saved me from drawing up what I need. I need 1 more dimension just to make sure my cad drawing is good. And it is the most important to get accurate: distance between center of function key row to center of number key row. This is the dimension that is the reason the plates we have won't work on the phantom pcb.

RoostrC0gburn

03 Jan 2016, 22:55

This is about as close as I can get you. Hope this is helpful
Spoiler:

RoostrC0gburn

06 Jan 2016, 21:14

OK everyone, I am working on a possible solution for everyone with a Phantom PCB. Keysmasher has helped design a plate that is compatible with the Phantom PCB. I am working with a local fab shop to get them made. Not sure what the price will be at this point. I am definitely getting one for myself, and probably a couple more for friends. Sounds like keysmasher wants one too.

I just wanted to offer this to anyone else who got hosed, and get an idea for how many would be interested. I will only have the top plates made. These will be 16 gauge 316 stainless plates. Let me know if you want one - please no PMs, just post up in the thread

LeandreN

06 Jan 2016, 21:38

RoostrC0gburn wrote: OK everyone, I am working on a possible solution for everyone with a Phantom PCB. Keysmasher has helped design a plate that is compatible with the Phantom PCB. I am working with a local fab shop to get them made. Not sure what the price will be at this point. I am definitely getting one for myself, and probably a couple more for friends. Sounds like keysmasher wants one too.

I just wanted to offer this to anyone else who got hosed, and get an idea for how many would be interested. I will only have the top plates made. These will be 16 gauge 316 stainless plates. Let me know if you want one - please no PMs, just post up in the thread

Im willing to lend a factory again and get these plates at a reasonable price if the local factories are on the more expensive side. Payment until shipment is about 15 days.

ehwc

06 Jan 2016, 21:41

+1 Phantom-compatible top plate for me!

Return to “Group buys”