Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

7bit

04 Dec 2011, 17:00

grasshopper wrote:
grasshopper wrote:7bit, would it be possible to allow the option of purchasing SUPER and META keys as individual keys? I need a few but can't justify buying several modifier kits to get them.
bump
2xSuper and 1x Meta are already part of the Standard kits.

Don't see your problem.

7bit

04 Dec 2011, 17:01

fossala wrote:I want a set of keycaps what kits would be able to have full set with dvorak?
SPH/DVORAK
RETRO/DVORAK
NOIR/DVORAK
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:7Bit
Can you add blank sphericals ?
Will be added later ...

7bit

04 Dec 2011, 17:15

Findecanor wrote:Was the deadline for Nov 30 for being able to cancel/change an order and the deadline for Dec 16 is only for adding more?
Nov 30 meaned death to some kit / style combinations.

I hope I can start money collection from Dec 16 on.
Findecanor wrote: Goddamnit, haven't we been through this before... You must be clear about these things! There can not be any rules that you tell along the way. You can not expect people to read every small post here and on Geekhack. Everything has to be spelled out in the first post and/or the Wiki page.
You can order and can cancel your order. The moment when you can't easily cancel is when I submit the order to SP.

I will know the prices only AFTER I got the invoice for the order which will some days later. Then, prices will get down again and people can decide if they want to order even more or get a refund ....
:-)
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:He's trying to charm ppl to buy more stuff (to get the price down and more sets realized)
You don't have to, if you don't want
Edit: IMHO
:lol:

kps

04 Dec 2011, 17:47

7bit wrote:
Will be added later ...
But the wiki has had BLANKSPH since yesterday...

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Dec 2011, 17:59

kps wrote:
7bit wrote:
Will be added later ...
But the wiki has had BLANKSPH since yesterday...
oh.. thx

grasshopper

04 Dec 2011, 18:00

7bit wrote:
grasshopper wrote:
grasshopper wrote:7bit, would it be possible to allow the option of purchasing SUPER and META keys as individual keys? I need a few but can't justify buying several modifier kits to get them.
bump
2xSuper and 1x Meta are already part of the Standard kits.

Don't see your problem.
The problem is that I already own three sets of Cherry double shot keycaps. However, for some weird reason known only to Cherry, the three Windows keys are not double shot, and I don't like Windows keys anyway. I therefore need three sets of SUPER/META keys to complete my existing sets. However, I cannot afford/justify buying three more standard kits just to get those 9 keys.

grasshopper

04 Dec 2011, 18:02

7bit wrote: I will know the prices only AFTER I got the invoice for the order which will some days later. Then, prices will get down again and people can decide if they want to order even more or get a refund ....
Based on previous rounds, and the number of keycaps ordered so far, how much do you think the prices will go down (or up)?

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Dec 2011, 19:20

About sphericals:
Is the bottom/modifier row r3 or r4? The wiki says 4 but sp 3
Can someone elaborate this pls

kps

04 Dec 2011, 21:31

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:About sphericals:
I think 7bit is taking the day off, since I asked the same in The Other Place last night. (I don't think a group buy organizer should be allowed any breaks, since it's not like we can cut his pay for slacking.) —
I am trying to convert my blank orders to the new codes and need to understand which keys in the SPH sets are going to be made as row 3.
  1. Will all the modifiers be row 3, including the 1 unit ones in STANDARD TENKLESS and MODIFIER sets?
  2. What about the cursor block, number pad, and TERMINAL left block — will those be 1 2 3 4 4, or 1 2 3 3 3 to match the modifiers, or all row 3?
  3. Any others other than Backspace?
  4. Also, what's the difference between RxU200H and RxU200P?

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Dec 2011, 21:55

mixed that one up.. it's only the spacebar..
Bild.jpg
Bild.jpg (80.12 KiB) Viewed 4855 times

kps

04 Dec 2011, 22:18

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
Bild.jpg
From that chart you see that some of the row 4 keys, like some of the shifts and 1.25u modifiers, are not available as row 4 keys, and will have to be made as row 3 instead. This is OK as long as all the modifiers are made row 3 (look at photos of the Symbolics Space Cadet keyboard for example.) I do want to find out from 7bit the planned rows of other keys as I asked above, so that I can decide which rows of blanks to order.

7bit

04 Dec 2011, 23:23

grasshopper wrote:The problem is that I already own three sets of Cherry double shot keycaps. However, for some weird reason known only to Cherry, the three Windows keys are not double shot, and I don't like Windows keys anyway. I therefore need three sets of SUPER/META keys to complete my existing sets. However, I cannot afford/justify buying three more standard kits just to get those 9 keys.
So you need these in white on black, or black on Cherry grey, to match the old Cherry keys, yes?

7bit

04 Dec 2011, 23:25

Modifiers will be all row 3, because not all sizes are available in other rows.

The space bar has got the height of row 3 keys, BTW.

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Dec 2011, 23:29

it would be possible for g80-1800ish layouts :/

Lamaboi

04 Dec 2011, 23:39

Is the following order code correct if I want a dolch replica set for a Steelseries 6GV2 board?

ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACELEO
ROUND3/LRET
ROUND3/SHIFT175
ROUND3/VERTBSLASH

Or does the STANDARD set allready include the 4th row 1.75 units shift and slash key?

ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACELEO
ROUND3/LRET

???

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Dec 2011, 23:47

Lamaboi wrote:
Or does the STANDARD set allready include the 4th row 1.75 units shift and slash key?
yes http://deskthority.net/wiki/Doubleshot_ ... ard_kit.29
and no idea what slash key is

Ixana

05 Dec 2011, 01:04

I just wanted to point out for everyone that the DARK/AWESOME*/ORANGE and the DARK/AWESOME*/YELLOW have for background color the same very dark gray (GX) as the very dark gray (GX) used for round 3. So, those awesome faces are a great addition to any round 3 set as well as a dark set!

So get some now while you can! :D

Lamaboi

05 Dec 2011, 08:51

Goody gumdrops.
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:and no idea what slash key is
Sorry, I actually meant the ISO backslash, but yeah, the graphic shows that it's in there, together with the additional shift keys.

7bit

05 Dec 2011, 09:25

kps wrote:
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
Bild.jpg
From that chart you see that some of the row 4 keys, like some of the shifts and 1.25u modifiers, are not available as row 4 keys, and will have to be made as row 3 instead. This is OK as long as all the modifiers are made row 3 (look at photos of the Symbolics Space Cadet keyboard for example.) I do want to find out from 7bit the planned rows of other keys as I asked above, so that I can decide which rows of blanks to order.
Yes, they will be all row 3!
:roll:

7bit

05 Dec 2011, 09:29

Lamaboi wrote:Is the following order code correct if I want a dolch replica set for a Steelseries 6GV2 board?

ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACELEO
ROUND3/LRET
ROUND3/SHIFT175
ROUND3/VERTBSLASH

ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACELEO
ROUND3/LRET

???
No.

You need to order (send to 7bit_R4):
ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACE
ROUND3/LRET
email-address

Half-Saint

05 Dec 2011, 09:31

By the way, what do I need to order to get just the numblock for a G80-1800? I ordered a full set in Round 3 but the numblock doesn't quite match up since it was intended for a G80-3000.

Lamaboi

05 Dec 2011, 11:11

7bit wrote: No.

ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACE
ROUND3/LRET
email-address
Danke!

grasshopper

05 Dec 2011, 13:00

7bit wrote:
Lamaboi wrote:Is the following order code correct if I want a dolch replica set for a Steelseries 6GV2 board?

ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACELEO
ROUND3/LRET
ROUND3/SHIFT175
ROUND3/VERTBSLASH

ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACELEO
ROUND3/LRET

???
No.

ROUND3/STANDARD
ROUND3/SPACE
ROUND3/LRET
email-address
Are you sure you don't need more than that? The Steelseries 6GV2 also has several keys in non standard positions (at least the UK version does). If you just try to swap the keys around there's a good change that some of them will end up being the wrong height.

grasshopper

05 Dec 2011, 13:02

7bit wrote:
grasshopper wrote:The problem is that I already own three sets of Cherry double shot keycaps. However, for some weird reason known only to Cherry, the three Windows keys are not double shot, and I don't like Windows keys anyway. I therefore need three sets of SUPER/META keys to complete my existing sets. However, I cannot afford/justify buying three more standard kits just to get those 9 keys.
So you need these in white on black, or black on Cherry grey, to match the old Cherry keys, yes?
Yes. I need them in white on black. They also need to be single unit as they're for a G80-1800 keyboard.

Lamaboi

05 Dec 2011, 14:30

grasshopper wrote:Are you sure you don't need more than that? The Steelseries 6GV2 also has several keys in non standard positions (at least the UK version does). If you just try to swap the keys around there's a good change that some of them will end up being the wrong height.
As fas as I can tell the STANDARD set has all the needed keys besides the L shaped big-ass enter key and 6.25 units spacebar with 3 keymounts that are 40mm apart(I cross checked it with some pictures of the Leopold space keys and they're exactly the same). Height wise the only problem I see is the additional backslash key in the STD set which is row 1 yet on the 6GV2 it's located on row 4 next to the right 1.75 units shift key.
See pic for example:
*Edit*
7bit, is it possible to buy a 4th row |\ key like the one in the above pictured keyboard?

7bit

05 Dec 2011, 21:52

Lamaboi wrote:
grasshopper wrote:Are you sure you don't need more than that? The Steelseries 6GV2 also has several keys in non standard positions (at least the UK version does). If you just try to swap the keys around there's a good change that some of them will end up being the wrong height.
As fas as I can tell the STANDARD set has all the needed keys besides the L shaped big-ass enter key and 6.25 units spacebar with 3 keymounts that are 40mm apart(I cross checked it with some pictures of the Leopold space keys and they're exactly the same). Height wise the only problem I see is the additional backslash key in the STD set which is row 1 yet on the 6GV2 it's located on row 4 next to the right 1.75 units shift key.
See pic for example:
*Edit*
7bit, is it possible to buy a 4th row |\ key like the one in the above pictured keyboard?
Looking at the picture, I had the same thought.

It will be part of the STANDARD and TERMINAL kits.

Ixana

06 Dec 2011, 01:08

Hey, I wanted to know if there was any update from SP about them being able to make the spacebar for the leopold FC500 or not...

Thank you very much!

dux

06 Dec 2011, 01:14

Ixana wrote:
dux wrote:
7bit wrote: Dolch-scheme sphericals would also look nice ...

yes yes yesss
Oooo that is indeed quite nice :)
I agree. That colour combination looks superb with sphericals. If that had been offered as an option as part of round 4 I'd have been all over it.

This one is even more classic: Honeywell VIP 7251. http://boards.4chan.org/g/res/21452428
Attachments
1323129136174.jpg
1323129136174.jpg (164.12 KiB) Viewed 4715 times

Cyclonechuah

06 Dec 2011, 07:02

7bit, update on the Leopold FC500 spacebar, i suspect them to be compatible with Noppoo Keyboard and vice versa.

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title= ... urers+keys
Locate Leopold Section and Noppoo Section and compare their spacebar.

Based on the picture provided by Wiki, the transaparent Noppoo compatible spacebar stem are identical, anyone with Noopoo keyboard and Leopold FC500 can confirm this?
I suspect Leopold FC500 and Noppoo Spacebar has the same stem distance.

zulios

07 Dec 2011, 11:11

7bit, regarding the 6gv2, there might be keys to be added in the FR kits as well.
As shown on the photo below, its layout is unusual even for FR freaks :

Is there something you can do about it ?

Return to “Group buys”