F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

kojiro sasaki

10 Oct 2016, 13:45

C'est drôle les français sont les seuls à demander leur layout perso. C'est si bien que ça l'azerty?

Puree

10 Oct 2016, 13:51

Bah oui !

Ellipse

10 Oct 2016, 14:04

French and other ISO layouts are available, just not in blue

Orpheo

11 Oct 2016, 10:18

French ISO is life!
Ellipse, for f77 compact case, there is only option for ISO enter and split left shift? Are all thé Key included in thé printed set? Idem is there split backspace possible?
And lastly when will it ship approximately?
Thanks in advance!

Ellipse

11 Oct 2016, 13:43

Yes you have ordered iso french layout with split left shift. Yes split backspace is possible.

All keys are included
Last edited by Ellipse on 18 Jun 2017, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

Orpheo

11 Oct 2016, 13:57

Ellipse, for a reminder, I ordered a regular f62 with split shift and split BS. But I was asking about the F77 compact page online shop : there is only one option for ISO that you are forced to choose split left shift.

Ellipse

13 Oct 2016, 23:40

You can make a note for not split left shift.

Ellipse

14 Oct 2016, 00:26

The zinc cases have been die cast! Here are photos of some of the cases as they appeared right out of the molds.

They are still rough around the edges at this point. After they are die cast, they need to do some machining, polishing, and then powdercoating (they are currently doing these secondary operations to the cases).
f62 2.jpg
f62 2.jpg (138.31 KiB) Viewed 9104 times
f62.jpg
f62.jpg (166.69 KiB) Viewed 9104 times

Orpheo

14 Oct 2016, 10:48

:mrgreen: Nice!!!

Ellipse

15 Oct 2016, 05:22

Is anyone interested in powdercoated instead of anodized ultra compact cases? This would be a small extra cost (not sure yet).

Jeffbolton

15 Oct 2016, 19:19

I have been considering getting a compact case. If you offered it in the same beige as the traditional cases, I think I would definitely grab one.

Ellipse

15 Oct 2016, 22:03

Sorry the colors would likely be just black powdercoated or silver/gray powdercoated for the compact cases.

Ludovician

17 Oct 2016, 03:31

I remember there being something about email updates on the site and I'm sure I signed up. What's happening with that?

And it's been a while so I've forgotten: Will ultra compact cases be available round1 or are they round2 only?

Ellipse

17 Oct 2016, 03:53

Yep I will send out updates over email later this month. Right now the factory expects to start production on all remaining parts this week (not last week as I had expected).

Yes compact cases are currently available for the early bird round but they are lower priority. If you order a regular case you will get your order sent out earlier.

Here's where everything stands:

NOT YET STARTED PRODUCTION
* Ultra compact cases
* Key molds / keys / buckling springs
* Inner assembly plates
* Boxes / inner foam / outside foam packaging
* Powdercoating/final machining operations for the original style cases

FINISHED PRODUCTION
* barrels
* flippers
* Die cast zinc cases (they have not yet been powdercoated)
* capacitive PCBs
* compact xwhatsit controllers
* case molds
* ribbon cables (to connect controllers to capacitive PCBs)
Last edited by Ellipse on 18 Jun 2017, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

Orpheo

17 Oct 2016, 14:04

Is the buckling Spring for model F the same for model M. If yes can we order some spares?

Ellipse

17 Oct 2016, 14:27

They are interchangeable but not exactly the same in my experience. Yes you can order spares on the web site.

zhoulander

17 Oct 2016, 20:43

Is there an option for front-printed Fn keys in SSK blue? Or is it just the regular 12 SSK keys + remaining keys using normal printing? Thanks!

Ellipse

17 Oct 2016, 23:58

Yes, just order the regular front printed set here and make a note that you want SSK blue. It will be the same cost for now. http://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product/ ... ys-f1-etc/

The 12 key Industrial SSK blue set is already front printed by default. If you want the Industrial SSK legends and all the other keys in blue you'd need to order the full SSK blue set and the Industrial SSK set of 12 keys.

Also I should have fully assembled working prototypes of the ultra compact case prototypes in about a month from now!

Orpheo

18 Oct 2016, 03:17

Ellipse wrote: They are interchangeable but not exactly the same in my experience. Yes you can order spares on the web site.
Are F's lighter feeling than M's?

Ellipse

18 Oct 2016, 03:26

Yes in my experience. Part of it is to do with the higher quality materials making the keys smoother to type on.

Ellipse

18 Oct 2016, 05:45

Production update - the factory has confirmed production of the remaining parts will start this week! If all goes well this should be a two month process starting this week.

They are creating the molds and setting up the tooling on their machines, then they create the samples for my approval, then they produce and assemble the remaining parts for the production run.

Here is the very first prototype ultra compact F62 case as it appeared out of the CNC machine - just the raw aluminum - not cleaned up just yet! It is very interesting how rough metal manufactured parts start out before becoming finished goods.

Please note that they are not finished! The scratches and marks must be removed with secondary CNC machining operations and then the hard anodized coat will be applied either in black or standard gray.

You are looking at the back end perspective in some of the photos - that hole corresponds to the hole for the USB in the back. The USB cable can be removed from the back without opening up the keyboard.
ultra compact F62 (1).jpg
ultra compact F62 (1).jpg (282.08 KiB) Viewed 8808 times
ultra compact F62 (2).jpg
ultra compact F62 (2).jpg (326.66 KiB) Viewed 8808 times
ultra compact F62 (3).jpg
ultra compact F62 (3).jpg (364.36 KiB) Viewed 8808 times
ultra compact F62 (4).jpg
ultra compact F62 (4).jpg (233.01 KiB) Viewed 8808 times

JanitorJoe

18 Oct 2016, 08:59

Is the USB cable on the regular models still only detachable by opening the case or has that changed with whatever went on with designing the compact xwhatsit controller? (Sorry I've only been half keeping up with this thread)

Ellipse

18 Oct 2016, 13:02

Yes that's right for the original style cases. You also get the strain relief metal clip that attaches to the usb cable inside.

Ellipse

21 Oct 2016, 01:05

We are now past $145,000 in orders!

Ludovician

23 Oct 2016, 09:17

If I order an ultra compact case to combine with my initial order, will it cost more to add it to the shipment rather than shipping separately at a later date, and would it affect how long it takes to receive it?

Ellipse

27 Oct 2016, 00:39

Ludovician there is no extra charge in shipping to add just a case (either compact or regular). It won't affect your ship date. I will be prioritizing the shipments by serial number. Generally the orders are assigned serial numbers in sequence of when they were ordered, unless you upgraded to the "choose your own serial number" option.

Orpheo

27 Oct 2016, 19:18

Hey Ellipse! Hope everything is going by the schedule. Could you update the first post and put also the link to the pictures thread so that every news member can fall in love for this?

Ellipse

28 Oct 2016, 00:47

ok, updated!

The die cast zinc cases have finished their secondary CNC/finishing operations and are ready to be powdercoated!

And we are 2 or 3 orders away from $150,000!
finished secondary CNC (1).jpg
finished secondary CNC (1).jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 8159 times
finished secondary CNC (2).jpg
finished secondary CNC (2).jpg (39.6 KiB) Viewed 8159 times
finished secondary CNC (3).jpg
finished secondary CNC (3).jpg (73.21 KiB) Viewed 8159 times
finished secondary CNC (4).jpg
finished secondary CNC (4).jpg (45.14 KiB) Viewed 8159 times
finished secondary CNC (5).jpg
finished secondary CNC (5).jpg (29.37 KiB) Viewed 8159 times

Hypersphere

28 Oct 2016, 01:06

@Ellipse: Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to see the continuing steady progress.

After I see a working keyboard in the compact case, I will consider ordering one or two of them.

Ellipse

28 Oct 2016, 01:21

I think quite a few people are waiting for the production units before placing their order.

The good news is that I'm expecting fully assembled prototypes in hand by the end of November for the ultra compact cases.

Quality control is the most important part of this final stage of the project. I'd delay the orders even more and ask the factory to re-make any bad parts if they do not make something to my standards, as I did with the prototype samples of the case powdercoating colors/texture (now they are all approved and ready to go).

Return to “Group buys”