Unicomp mini group buy

Ascaii
The Beard

19 Mar 2012, 21:03

There is no way around it mate...it isn't their fault, but rather the EU import taxes that are causing this.

The only way to circumvent would be to open a european factory...considering they laid off a third of their work force due to the market being bad and them not making enough to stay alive I think that this is not likely to happen any time soon. Maybe somone can manage to find and buy the greenock machines and make a liscensing agreement with unicomp or something...but even that is pretty crazy^^.

rodtang

19 Mar 2012, 21:20

Ascaii wrote:There is no way around it mate...it isn't their fault, but rather the EU import taxes that are causing this.

The only way to circumvent would be to open a european factory...considering they laid off a third of their work force due to the market being bad and them not making enough to stay alive I think that this is not likely to happen any time soon. Maybe somone can manage to find and buy the greenock machines and make a liscensing agreement with unicomp or something...but even that is pretty crazy^^.
The Greenock machines were the fancy ones.

Ascaii
The Beard

19 Mar 2012, 21:23

Exactly. Wouldn't it be neat to find them stashed in some warehouse in the wilds of Scotland and revive them?

rodtang

19 Mar 2012, 21:32

Ascaii wrote:Exactly. Wouldn't it be neat to find them stashed in some warehouse in the wilds of Scotland and revive them?
Just as awesome as finding the Cherry DS machines would be.

TacticalCoder

20 Mar 2012, 12:48

Wait... Did Unicomp directly ship to 7bit? Wasn't it someone in the U.S. first who got the Unicomp delivery and who then re-shipped the "european part of the loot" to 7bit?

Ascaii
The Beard

20 Mar 2012, 12:54

Yes. The package was sent from our american proxy. Only the european stuff is at the zoll. I think 7bit is out of town at the moment, so please be patient ^^.

TacticalCoder

02 Apr 2012, 17:45

Three weeks+ bump.

woody
Count Troller

06 Apr 2012, 11:02

How is this one proceeding?

TacticalCoder

10 Apr 2012, 17:21

woody wrote:How is this one proceeding?
7bit is probably too busy counting the keyswitches from the other scam group buy to keep us informed :cry:

off

10 Apr 2012, 17:34

TacticalCoder wrote: :cry:
ot: awkward looking mouse you got there http://www.motorballer.org/images/shiro ... mouse2.jpg

7bit

10 Apr 2012, 18:36

The peple at the Zollamt are playing with the Unicomp stuff. When they finished playing, they will either send the packages back or send me an invoice so I can pay and get the packages out ...

:mad:

off

10 Apr 2012, 18:38

gotta say though, if you did order july 2011... that's one slow ass boat.

TacticalCoder

11 Apr 2012, 15:27

off wrote:
TacticalCoder wrote: :cry:
ot: awkward looking mouse you got there http://www.motorballer.org/images/shiro ... mouse2.jpg
Actually it's great to use... And the cable is super light (I hate wireless mouse with a passion but YMMV). That mouse was designed by Masamune Shiro(w), the creator of "Ghost in the shell" and "Appleseed". IIRC (but it was a few years ago), that mouse only sold in Japan and it was a limited edition. The texture of the part where you put your palm is actually super smooth and is really a "weird" material (?).

Glad you find it special ; )

off

11 Apr 2012, 15:55

TacticalCoder wrote:Actually it's great to use... And the cable is super light (I hate wireless mouse with a passion but YMMV). That mouse was designed by Masamune Shiro(w)
I know, that's what struck me when I clicked your profile foldout- was like wtf shirow mouse(!?@) so I had to know ;)
I hate sturdy cords.. on my Spawn it's horrid (esp since the mouse itself is light), way too sturdy and heavy; and doesn't forget the shape it was in in the box. At all.
Back to shiro/w, what struck me as odd was the mouse itself basically, didn't seem too shirow to me, just a li'll, and the shape made me worry for you hands :D It does look funky for sure!

Gilgam

11 Apr 2012, 22:41

GeekStuff4 U was selling it years ago. Nice looking one, and nice to use too.
Bonne pioche :-)

paat

05 May 2012, 19:12

fuck German customs :cry:

graboy

05 May 2012, 19:49

rodtang wrote:Just as awesome as finding the Cherry DS machines would be.
I don't know why this would be so difficult, I'm certain that Cherry knows the whereabouts of them... unless they were torn down and recycled. Lets just hope this isn't the case. :D

Not to be off topic, but would anyone be interested in shooting Cherry an email about this? It would be unbelievable if some of Cherry's old machines fell into the hands of the keyboard community... you could have thick DS in any color requested... imagine how cool that would be. :ugeek:

hoggy

05 May 2012, 19:53

If anyone has changed their mind about their stuff, send me a pm.

I would attach a picture of a vulture but your imagination will work better...

TacticalCoder

11 May 2012, 12:57

Yes!

Got a PM from 7bit saying that the packages returned to the sender (not sure who the sender is nor in which country he is) and that I could give my address for shipping...

Can't wait for the delivery : )

paat

11 May 2012, 15:00

Yeah I got the same msg from 7bit. But I don't know what to do. I think the sender is the proxy from the USA. Well and if he sends the package back to Europe the shipping costs will explode. And maybe the German customs pick the package again :(.

7bit

11 May 2012, 15:02

paat wrote:Yeah I got the same msg from 7bit. But I don't know what to do. I think the sender is the proxy from the USA. Well and if he sends the package back to Europe the shipping costs will explode. And maybe the German customs pick the package again :(.
I cover the extra shipping costs. Somehow it was my fault.

woody
Count Troller

11 May 2012, 17:52

We can possibly all unite and share the extra expenses.

TacticalCoder

13 May 2012, 11:56

woody wrote:We can possibly all unite and share the extra expenses.
It's fine for me to share the extra expenses but... I'll wait for the stuff to be delivered at my place before paying extra money.

It's been more than 9 months since the order was placed and now apparently the stuff went back to the person who took literally months to act :(

What does it mean? That we'll have to wait a few more months before we get our stuff? :cry:

grasshopper

13 May 2012, 12:57

Can I ask why the package was returned to the sender?

woody
Count Troller

14 May 2012, 09:49

TacticalCoder wrote:I'll wait for the stuff to be delivered at my place before paying extra money.
Yep. There's still some non-determinism ahead.
What does it mean? That we'll have to wait a few more months before we get our stuff? :cry:
I don't know. Whatever happens, we should try to resolve it.

Nask

15 May 2012, 01:26

Yeah, I'll get my first Buckling Spring, a IBM Space Saver and I'm sure it will need a RGB Printed set.
Is it still possible to join to this group buy ? :)

TacticalCoder

03 Jun 2012, 18:03

three weeks bump...

Are people from the other group buys (all these Cherry round 1/2/3/4/5/whatever) getting things shipped from 7bit?

7bit

03 Jun 2012, 18:26

I give theferenc a bump. I've submitted him the shipping addresses, but did not hear back from him....

paat

18 Jun 2012, 21:54

Bump. Anything new yet? :)

TacticalCoder

25 Jun 2012, 16:22

3 weeks+ bump (I count since the last time 7bit posted in the thread).

Return to “Group buys”