Cherry DS ANSI keys (first Round3 sets available)

Ascaii
The Beard

22 Jun 2012, 06:26

shame on me, I know. This is not dead. University is killing me at the moment, and ive got some personal issues going on...Sorry to everyone waiting.

dirge

22 Jun 2012, 07:37

Ascaii wrote:shame on me, I know. This is not dead. University is killing me at the moment, and ive got some personal issues going on...Sorry to everyone waiting.
Chin up mate, we can wait

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Jun 2012, 08:33

shawn o wrote:I'm #14 on the used list. Please cancel my order. Its been months and no action....
I'll happily jump in if possible.
Even more since shawn o was one of the winners of my deskthority donation auction but did not pay, and as a matter of fact did not even answer my PMs.
Matthew, 3.7

dirge

22 Jun 2012, 09:04

While his ignorance was my gain, I'd rather have seen him honor his promised donation to the site.

(Not just pop over here to post his annoyance in ascaii's sale which has helped many people to date, and should have been a private message, not in the thread.)

shawn o

23 Jun 2012, 08:18

Sorry, but I forgot about the "auction" and only find time to check this site 1-2 times per month. I checked in after 1 week or so and saw you had already given it away to someone else. So why bother PMing you?

And what is this donation to the site? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Main reason for canceling my order (Boost is taking my place per my PM to Ascaii) is because I found two of these locally for $20 USD. :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Jun 2012, 09:14

shawn o wrote:Sorry, but I forgot about the "auction" and only find time to check this site 1-2 times per month.
You forgot, and have no time?
I sent you 3 (three) PMs before cancelling your winning bid and never got any answer.
As a matter of fact, you wasted my time.
BTW, How to be informed per mail when you get a PM on deskthority: User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Notify me on new private messages. If I remember right, yes is the default setting.
So why bother PMing you?
You mean PMing me afterwards? That would have been an excellent reason. Especially after wasting my time.
And what is this donation to the site? I have no idea what you are talking about.
Didn't you even read the thread? Profit was to go (and of course went) to deskthority - it would have been 10€ more if you had cared to honour your commitment.
Main reason for canceling my order (Boost is taking my place per my PM to Ascaii) is because I found two of these locally for $20 USD. :lol:
Oh, really? So why didn't you say so here instead of only complaining "Please cancel my order. Its been months and no action...."
And oh! again, this time you found PMing important enough. Even afterwards.

dirge

23 Jun 2012, 09:38

kbdfr, don't waste your breath. He won't be back for 1-2 months ;) hasn't got time to check here.

gimpster

23 Jun 2012, 18:29

dirge wrote:kbdfr, don't waste your breath. He won't be back for 1-2 months ;) hasn't got time to check here.
oh_snap.gif
oh_snap.gif (494.37 KiB) Viewed 4772 times

off

24 Jun 2012, 01:23

jumping in: I check my email basically never. Hence PM's will have a long time before they get read, unless (and I do), I log in to Deskthority itself (and admittedly, a bit too regularly).
I mean I think I do understand where you're coming from kbdfr, but I can see shawn o's side as well.. And if I was in his shoes I'd probably have found it polite if you'd waited before voiding his bid, considering there was no pre-set date to finish&pay up....... kiss 'n make up?

gimpster

24 Jun 2012, 08:02

Kiss and make up? That doesn't sound very entertaining...I vote for a cage match! :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Jun 2012, 08:49

off wrote:[...] I mean I think I do understand where you're coming from kbdfr, but I can see shawn o's side as well.. And if I was in his shoes I'd probably have found it polite if you'd waited before voiding his bid, considering there was no pre-set date to finish&pay up [...]
Well, shawn o even placed a bid after the auction had ended.
And as in his post he did not forget to mention his previous bid placed 4 days before, I find it hard to believe that from that moment he suddenly forgot everything about the auction (the closing date of which had been announced from the outset).

I wouldn't have cared much anyway if when cancelling his order here, he hadn't had the chutzpah to blame Ascaii, who at least had stated and explained his lack of time, with the words "Its been months and no action....".
Here again he "forgot" to mention at first that "Main reason for canceling [his] order" was the fact he did not want the keys any more.

And I find it quite disgusting that under these circumstances, he even instructs Ascaii ("(Boost is taking my place per my PM to Ascaii)" what has to happen (I don't mind Boost getting them, by the way ;) ).

....... kiss 'n make up?
No, but thanks for trying to calm things down :mrgreen:

Ascaii
The Beard

24 Jun 2012, 09:28

Sorry, haven't had a chance to write in here. I don't mind cancelling orders, since I know there are at least 5 people willing to take any cancelled set. For that reason I will NOT pass the "free" set to Boost...too many people have been waiting for these, so you (boost) will have to wait your own turn just like everyone else.

off

24 Jun 2012, 14:23

kbdfr wrote:thanks for trying to calm things down :mrgreen:
You do make some valid points. :geek:

boost

24 Jun 2012, 20:08

Ascaii wrote:Sorry, haven't had a chance to write in here. I don't mind cancelling orders, since I know there are at least 5 people willing to take any cancelled set. For that reason I will NOT pass the "free" set to Boost...too many people have been waiting for these, so you (boost) will have to wait your own turn just like everyone else.
If a person who has a spot decides not to take his order and passes it to me, Where's the issue?

I have no issue waiting BTW

ped

24 Jun 2012, 20:22

Because it's not fair on those who have been 'in line' for a longer period than you. If someone 'drops out' then the item should be offered to the next person in line, successively, until someone accepts to take it. That makes more sense than playing a game of favourites.

gimpster

24 Jun 2012, 20:24

boost wrote:If a person who has a spot decides not to take his order and passes it to me, Where's the issue?
Well, the first thing that comes to mind for me, is that it's not his keyboard to pass on to anyone. This isn't like iMav's Race keybaord group buy where people have already paid money and technically "own" the keyboard. So shawn o doesn't have anything to divvy up to anyone else. This is Ascaii's for sale thread, so he gets to set the rules for how order cancellations are handled, and he's already laid these out long before some dinkus with a communication problem comes in and starts trying to tell him what he's GOING to do.

That's just off the top of my head. :mrgreen:

boost

24 Jun 2012, 20:45

gimpster wrote:
boost wrote:If a person who has a spot decides not to take his order and passes it to me, Where's the issue?
Well, the first thing that comes to mind for me, is that it's not his keyboard to pass on to anyone. This isn't like iMav's Race keybaord group buy where people have already paid money and technically "own" the keyboard. So shawn o doesn't have anything to divvy up to anyone else. This is Ascaii's for sale thread, so he gets to set the rules for how order cancellations are handled, and he's already laid these out long before some dinkus with a communication problem comes in and starts trying to tell him what he's GOING to do.

That's just off the top of my head. :mrgreen:
Gottcha...

hoggy

24 Jun 2012, 22:09

Not forgetting that removing the keycaps from 60+ boards would try the patience of anyone...

fuah

17 Jul 2012, 16:08

Your skill in Patience has improved! (203)

gimpster

17 Jul 2012, 16:34

fuah wrote:Your skill in Patience has improved! (203)
You just have to look at it the right way. See, Ascaii is like my accountant, he knows I don't have money to pay for this yet and I don't have my Moogle keys yet either, so he's just making sure I'm not burdened at this time with unnecessary complications in my life. :mrgreen:

Truth is, I'm perfectly happy waiting, I've got no keyboard to put these on at the moment anyway.

Ascaii
The Beard

17 Jul 2012, 17:59

Haha, I love you guys. I am actually on top of this now, ive got my brother cued up to come help me pull the rest of the caps once his exams are over and I will start sending out invoices soon. Hoping to get a few out this week.

Thank you for your patience.

rainb1ood

17 Jul 2012, 18:15

2nd batch for round 3 is still go correct? :)

fuah

17 Jul 2012, 20:13

That's great news. Thanks!

damorgue

11 Aug 2012, 14:37

Do you perhaps have a set of TP left? Were they all black on white?

Ascaii
The Beard

11 Aug 2012, 19:55

i just pulled another 50 sets this week. ill post them for sale once i get the preorders taken care of.

rainb1ood

11 Aug 2012, 20:06

Appreciate the extra effort you're putting on this. Time to monitor this thread more! :D

Djuzuh

11 Aug 2012, 20:35

nice !

Ascaii
The Beard

11 Aug 2012, 23:28

Apparently I missed some people or parcels vanished. If you paid and havent received any caps please contact me.
If you are on the list for round 2 and have not received an invoice, please pm me as well.

damorgue

12 Aug 2012, 00:22

Are they all black on white?

Ascaii
The Beard

12 Aug 2012, 00:41

damorgue wrote:Are they all black on white?
yes

Return to “Group buys”