Poker Aluminum Case

Elrick

25 Jul 2012, 04:57

sherryton wrote:Yet another Poker aluminum case group buy :)

Sorry for the complications. We are going to have you send an e-mail to sales@keyboardstory.com for an order with the title "Poker Aluminum Case".

Please e-mail with the following information:

Name
GeekHack/DT username
Paypal Address
Shipping Address
Color of the Case
Dear Sir,

Done it.....I couldn't miss out on this baby. The housing looks so suicidal. I will try and mangle a KBT Pure keyboard into it. If it fails then I will buy a Poker.

I forgot to provide a link to the keyboard I bought from Qtan earlier;

http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-G ... d=31427384

Due to my complete stupidity in choosing the right keyboard for this housing, PLEASE say I made the right choice?

sherryton

25 Jul 2012, 05:06

Orders are closed. Payment will be sent this week!

gimpster

25 Jul 2012, 05:13

Elrick wrote:Dear Sir,

Done it.....I couldn't miss out on this baby. The housing looks so suicidal. I will try and mangle a KBT Pure keyboard into it. If it fails then I will buy a Poker.

Due to my complete stupidity in choosing the right keyboard for this housing, PLEASE say I made the right choice?
The Pure should fit in there with no problems. From what I've read from others, the dimensions are the same and it has the same mounting holes as the Poker. The only differences are that it has an additional hole near the middle of the board to help secure the board further and it has LEDs. The layout of the secondary layer for the keys seems to be a little different as well, but the physical layout appears to be identical.

Hope you made the cut-off. If not, maybe you can trade your first-born child for one. :)

Elrick

25 Jul 2012, 05:23

gimpster wrote:The Pure should fit in there with no problems. From what I've read from others, the dimensions are the same and it has the same mounting holes as the Poker. The only differences are that it has an additional hole near the middle of the board to help secure the board further and it has LEDs. The layout of the secondary layer for the keys seems to be a little different as well, but the physical layout appears to be identical.

Hope you made the cut-off. If not, maybe you can trade your first-born child for one. :)
Same here, I had just enough time from work to send the email. But now have to wait to see if I made it. The housing is unique and looks better made than most available on sale.

I'm just sorry in not emailing my order sooner.

WRXChris

27 Jul 2012, 05:01

Paid up and super excited! I've heard through the grapevine that this case weighs in at 4 lbs!!!

SPooNiTe

04 Aug 2012, 17:09

Due to my complete stupidity in choosing the right keyboard for this housing, PLEASE say I made the right choice?[/quote]

Could get a pure with blues not backlight for much cheaper here http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/ind ... tail&p=129

Elrick

05 Aug 2012, 03:26

SPooNiTe wrote:I forgot to provide a link to the keyboard I bought from Qtan earlier;

That's the exact same model I bought from him as well. I hate back-lits hence the chance of finding one without, in MX Blues was indeed rare. Plus Qtan provides a new key-set of PBT's which look great.

SPooNiTe

05 Aug 2012, 03:30

Elrick wrote:Plus Qtan provides a new key-set of PBT's which look great.

Are they white on black or black on white PBTs? Any idea where you can find PBT's for the pure other than that? Because p.s. told me his wouldn't work with the Pure.

Elrick

05 Aug 2012, 04:19

SPooNiTe wrote:
Elrick wrote:Plus Qtan provides a new key-set of PBT's which look great.

Are they white on black or black on white PBTs? Any idea where you can find PBT's for the pure other than that? Because p.s. told me his wouldn't work with the Pure.
They're White on Black and all fit perfectly with the Pure easily. Besides they have that little stylized "Acorn" emblem that signifies KBT-Talking keyboard. Hence these were made for the KBT Pure only. :D

I don't know where you got that info regarding the extra PBT set NOT fitting the Pure......... :?:
Last edited by Elrick on 05 Aug 2012, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.

SPooNiTe

05 Aug 2012, 04:21

I'd like some Black on White PBT for Pure :( that's the one thing that's got me holding out in hopes I can find a Poker and buy some of p.s.'s PBT sets.

Can you just tell me, are the letters on the PBT set centered on the key, in the top right, or what?

Elrick

05 Aug 2012, 04:30

SPooNiTe wrote:I'd like some Black on White PBT for Pure :( that's the one thing that's got me holding out in hopes I can find a Poker and buy some of p.s.'s PBT sets.

Can you just tell me, are the letters on the PBT set centered on the key, in the top right, or what?
All the main letters are Centered while the Esc, Caps Lock, Shift, Ctrl, Alt are lower left while the Backspace, Right Shift are lower Right positioned. Plus don't forget the side printed caps which are quite a lot. Meaning these caps are well and truly designed for these keyboards giving you the full enchilada of control.

SPooNiTe

05 Aug 2012, 04:39

Now I'm really tempted... but 130 is too much.

zyth3x

06 Aug 2012, 14:50

sherryton wrote:Orders are closed. Payment will be sent this week!
Will there be any more? kinda bummed I missed out. :cry:

sherryton

10 Aug 2012, 00:59

Yeah, there is opportunity to get more, but the price won't be the same.

shambols

10 Aug 2012, 02:38

Damn, just bought a pure last night.

How long til the group buys start for pure cases?

Aleksander

06 Sep 2012, 11:49

Is it only me that can't stand the wait?!? I'm really looking forward to get this case in my hands and just spend hours touching and feeling every possible square mm of it.....

longweight
key-bored

06 Sep 2012, 19:04

It is god damn sexy! People need to start making HHKB cases!

Aleksander

06 Sep 2012, 23:32

The thought of it makes me drool :P

Elrick

07 Sep 2012, 08:07

I'm getting all warm and moist thinking about it......

Trent

08 Sep 2012, 21:45

I'm waiting to see if a deal to purchase a poker goes through. If so I'll be interested in obtaining one!

Edit: I need to learn to check dates....

sherryton

13 Sep 2012, 05:28

This should be here soon!

gimpster

13 Sep 2012, 06:25

Like...earlier than expected?

Aleksander

13 Sep 2012, 13:55

I might have....earlier than expected.

sherryton

15 Sep 2012, 02:37

Not earlier than expected. The approximation date was mid to late September. So everything is still on time so far.

Elrick

15 Sep 2012, 03:10

sherryton wrote:Not earlier than expected. The approximation date was mid to late September. So everything is still on time so far.
Fantastic.....always good news to hear when everything is going to plan. Nice one. :D

BossBorot

01 Oct 2012, 18:45

any updates?

sherryton

02 Oct 2012, 01:57

Sorry about the delays. The organizer went on vacation. Poker aluminum cases are getting delayed a bit. The KMAC Mini has been done already though.

Elrick

03 Oct 2012, 04:04

sherryton wrote:Sorry about the delays. The organizer went on vacation. Poker aluminum cases are getting delayed a bit.
Just as long as the Organizer doesn't say, wait till August 2013. :?

Return to “Group buys”