Unicomp mini group buy

7bit

28 Jan 2013, 08:49

TacticalCoder wrote:Do all the industrial cases come with a LED display already or did you use one of those that arrived to take the picture?
I put the only one that arrived on one of the shells for the picture. I did not glue it on.
grasshopper wrote:How come Unicomp are still using IBM boxes?
These are IBM 3270 terminal emulators, no Unicomp keyboards.

grasshopper

29 Jan 2013, 00:25

Can someone explain the layout of the keyboard in the 5th picture? It appears to be standard US ANSI but with added £ and euro symbols. I'm quite liking it.

rodtang

29 Jan 2013, 00:28

grasshopper wrote:Can someone explain the layout of the keyboard in the 5th picture? It appears to be standard US ANSI but with added £ and euro symbols. I'm quite liking it.
Colemak.
Last edited by rodtang on 29 Jan 2013, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

29 Jan 2013, 00:31

grasshopper wrote:Can someone explain the layout of the keyboard in the 5th picture? It appears to be standard US ANSI but with added £ and euro symbols. I'm quite liking it.
It has been requested by Culinia but never actually ordered. However, I had ordered it from Unicomp and now it turns out he will take it :-)

grasshopper

04 Feb 2013, 23:49

Hi 7bit, can you give me an update on what's happening with this group buy?

Thanks

7bit

04 Feb 2013, 23:52

I shipped some packages. More to be shipped during this week.

nathanscribe

06 Feb 2013, 18:40

Woot! And other similar exclamations I would never use outside the house… my industrial shell came today!

nathanscribe

06 Feb 2013, 20:38

Also, what's the chance of obtaining an "IBM" sticker with which to adorn said shell?

7bit

06 Feb 2013, 21:07

I've ordered some Thinkpad stickers. This is the best we can have. Just cut the ThinkPad off.

Unicomp stopped selling the original stickers a ling time ago.

LED covers are ordered ... will be delivered in 1 1/2 years ...

grasshopper

06 Feb 2013, 21:09

7bit wrote:I've ordered some Thinkpad stickers. This is the best we can have. Just cut the ThinkPad off.

Unicomp stopped selling the original stickers a ling time ago.

LED covers are ordered ... will be delivered in 1 1/2 years ...
Are they still selling the black LED covers with text descriptions? I hate the newer ones that use symbols.

7bit

06 Feb 2013, 21:12

No, even when I ordered (back in the last century) they didn't have these anymore. They only have the common grey version.

snoopy

06 Feb 2013, 21:16

Does anybody have a spare ibm logo sticker?

7bit

06 Feb 2013, 21:46

I will try one of these:

Just look for IBM thinkpad sticker and cut off ThinkPad.

nathanscribe

06 Feb 2013, 22:10

Ah OK. Shame the black text labels are not available. They look sleeker, IMO. Remember seeing one with orange LEDs that looked very nice… time for a mod job soon I think!

7bit

06 Feb 2013, 22:33

Or a black IBM LED label group buy. There must be a manufacturer which can produce them with the necessary texture.

nathanscribe

06 Feb 2013, 22:48

Good idea! They're just regular sticky laminated things, aren't they?

7bit

06 Feb 2013, 23:14

nathanscribe wrote:Good idea! They're just regular sticky laminated things, aren't they?
Yes.

pederlol

07 Feb 2013, 08:34

I got my keys yesterday - thank you very much!!! Although some were missing, it is still way better than expected ;-)

Looking forward to the R4 shipment as well!

TacticalCoder

07 Feb 2013, 16:26

nathanscribe wrote:Woot! And other similar exclamations I would never use outside the house… my industrial shell came today!
I'm happy for you :D

7bit did you ship mine? I've still received nothing.

7bit

07 Feb 2013, 19:05

Shipped.

I hope you all get them by end of next week in the worst case.

paat

08 Feb 2013, 16:32

Hi 7bit, my mum called me a few days ago that a big package arrived. I think it has to be my keyboard. I'll check it tomorrow.

TacticalCoder

14 Feb 2013, 01:37

It took a while but... The loot is here! Thanks a lot 7bit :D

It arrived today. Here's a pic:
minigroupbuy.jpg
minigroupbuy.jpg (178.03 KiB) Viewed 4690 times
I just took apart my real industrial Model M (model 1395240: apparently one of those sold by clickykeyboards --but not directly to me) to compare the shells and they are really very similar.

There are a few differences in that, weirdly enough, the 1395240 does not have "I.B.M." engraved in the plastic while the "new old stock" (?) three industrial shells I just got from Unicomp does have "I.B.M." engraved in the plastic.

The upper shells have the same part number: 1392267 but it looks like it's been handwritten on the Unicomp ones.

The lower shells have the same part number too: 13515555

Most of the parts seems to be fine besides the black spacebar which is broken (I've got another one and I'm going to order a few more stuff from Unicomp anyway).

Very happy. Now I need to find great IBM logos and LED covers 8-)

Culinia

17 Feb 2013, 00:39

A quick note to says all has arrived and a big thank you!

woody
Count Troller

19 Feb 2013, 14:02

Received my stuff today. In the end, turned better than expected.
Danke sehr, 7bit!

Return to “Group buys”