Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

khongthenhuvay

10 Jul 2016, 18:08

SP doesn't update Round 6 status although it should have been completed 10 days ago, what happened?

vinnycordeiro

10 Jul 2016, 18:27

khongthenhuvay wrote: SP doesn't update Round 6 status although it should have been completed 10 days ago, what happened?
Delays are a common occurrence. Quoting zslane:
zslane wrote: Not terribly, no.

There are simply too many delaying phenomena involved. I wouldn't even count on October production.

I would consider us lucky if production of phase 2 begins sometime in January of next year. Production will take at least a month, probably longer. Corrections will have to be scheduled in between other product runs coming from MassDrop, which means fully corrected phase 2 probably won't be completed until May. They will reach 7bit sometime in June if we're lucky. Then it takes him at least two months to sort, package, and send out orders.

Just look how long it is taking phase 1 to reach us and it was scheduled to begin production back in February. It is already July and, as far as I know, phase 1 caps aren't even in 7bit's hands yet.
You better be patient.

khongthenhuvay

10 Jul 2016, 19:05

vinnycordeiro wrote:
khongthenhuvay wrote: SP doesn't update Round 6 status although it should have been completed 10 days ago, what happened?
Delays are a common occurrence. Quoting zslane:
zslane wrote: Not terribly, no.

There are simply too many delaying phenomena involved. I wouldn't even count on October production.

I would consider us lucky if production of phase 2 begins sometime in January of next year. Production will take at least a month, probably longer. Corrections will have to be scheduled in between other product runs coming from MassDrop, which means fully corrected phase 2 probably won't be completed until May. They will reach 7bit sometime in June if we're lucky. Then it takes him at least two months to sort, package, and send out orders.

Just look how long it is taking phase 1 to reach us and it was scheduled to begin production back in February. It is already July and, as far as I know, phase 1 caps aren't even in 7bit's hands yet.
You better be patient.
Thanks but I'm not asking about Phase 2.

Just want to know the status of Phase 1 where SP is in charge now.

astonlau

10 Jul 2016, 19:42

Is there any way to get the blue TKL mods? :cry:

zslane

11 Jul 2016, 01:55

I'd like to know the status of phase 1 as well. However, since 7bit has said nothing about it lately, one can safely assume there no new status to report. SP is working on the corrections, and once 7bit has approved them, shipment to Germany will commence.

I'm pretty confident that as soon as 7bit has phase 1 keycaps in his possession, he will take sample photos and post them here with an announcement that phase 1 sorting has begun. Trust me, you won't miss it; you'll be able to hear the fanfare from space.

mecano

11 Jul 2016, 11:46

Salisen wrote: Does anyone happen to have a two row Noir Vertical '+' key from Round 4 that I could buy?

The two I received in the group buy were faulty - they slope in a weird way. A replacement was never forthcoming, the replacement that was meant to reach me got lost in the post. :(

Alternatively, does anyone know how I might go about getting these made? It's been a good 3 years since I put the order through now, and it's really sad that my numpad isn't complete. :(
Not a perfect match but quiet close, want this (from SP Grab Bag)? You pay shipping and paypal fees only.

2U R3 Cream on Dark Brown
2U R3 Cream on Dark Brown top
2U R3 Cream on Dark Brown top
2uR3KPplus_top.png (112.11 KiB) Viewed 6778 times
2U R3 Cream on Dark Brown rear
2U R3 Cream on Dark Brown rear
2uR3KPplus_rear.png (118.83 KiB) Viewed 6778 times

Gray Jian

11 Jul 2016, 15:22

New kits are available:
HONEYB/HELVETICA/R1/RED | 23| 3|USD| 1|helvetica (row 1)
HONEYB/HASHBANG/BIG/RED | 23| 3|USD| 1|hash bang big (row 1)

t8c

11 Jul 2016, 17:03

Gray Jian wrote: New kits are available:
Can't find a picture of helvetica. How does it look? 8-)

mecano

12 Jul 2016, 00:00

t8c wrote:
Gray Jian wrote: New kits are available:
Can't find a picture of helvetica. How does it look? 8-)
Good
Unknown.jpg
Unknown.jpg (8.94 KiB) Viewed 6665 times

kenshinjeff

13 Jul 2016, 09:33

Hmn. I sent a PM to 7bot to add more orders, and I got an updated invoice which I paid to the new address. A few days ago I sent WASSUP to the 7bot again but there was no response.

I also realised the message is in my outbox instead of my sent items. Did I do something wrongly? http://imgur.com/a/78vyg

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by kenshinjeff on 13 Jul 2016, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

GEIST

13 Jul 2016, 09:52

It seems 7bit needs to activate the bot and this happens every few days, but even then the message stays in your outbox.

kenshinjeff

13 Jul 2016, 12:27

It could be, but.... I sent my payment 28 Jun 2016, and WASSUP two days ago. All of them are still in the outbox tho.

khongthenhuvay

13 Jul 2016, 12:33

kenshinjeff wrote: It could be, but.... I sent my payment 28 Jun 2016, and WASSUP two days ago. All of them are still in the outbox tho.
Maybe 7bit is busy now, just wait. Your msgs to 7bot will stay in Outbox forever, because 7bot doesn't need to open them to read. He has the ability to read your mind, same as Professor X. :lol:

zslane

13 Jul 2016, 21:45

Messages do not get "stuck" in your outbox. They get "saved" in your outbox after being successfully sent.

chzel

13 Jul 2016, 21:55

Actually they do get sort of stuck...the "Outbox" is a temporary spot for the PMs that are sent but no read yet. After the recipient reads them they go to "Sent". 7bot and CherryMX don't read the PMs, they use the email notification, so the PMs never get to leave "Outbox"... You can safely delete the PMs from the outbox if they bother you.

rominronin

14 Jul 2016, 08:59

7bit: Have you found my Round 5 reds yet?

:(

deniedscout

14 Jul 2016, 10:43

So...PMK still says "Expected completion 6/30" for R6 Phase 1. It's two weeks later. Any update on that?

7bit

14 Jul 2016, 13:53

Still no update, I asked to tell me when they will have finished production.
:roll:

@rominronin: No.
:cry:

mecano

14 Jul 2016, 18:21

rominronin wrote: 7bit: Have you found my Round 5 reds yet?
7bit wrote: @rominronin: No.
:cry:
Does this include all Round 5 reds or just rominronin ones? (what about the reds I ordered as example? :) )

lolpes

14 Jul 2016, 18:23

7bit wrote: Still no update, I asked to tell me when they will have finished production.
:roll:
That is some great work etiquette from SP right there...not even a delay notice or anything to the client 7bit.

zslane

14 Jul 2016, 22:40

I don't think this is necessarily a failure of etiquette, to be honest. After all, they don't need to tell us the keycaps are delayed; that is pretty self-evident. If you're hoping that SP will provide a new delivery date, well, I think you are hoping in vain. I doubt even SP themselves know when they will be done with the corrections. An estimate from them wouldn't even be a "best guess", and therefore next to useless.

lolpes

14 Jul 2016, 23:05

Nevertheless, they provided an initial estimate for the corrections, they should keep it, and they should let the client know of delays. It's not me that has to hope for an estimate, it's 7bit, who is a client with a lot of money invested and more coming in, so for all intents and purposes he should be treated as such. That is all I am saying. It is a failure, if you are late in delivering to your client, the best practice is admit it. Because people will look at the page and expect 7bit to already have the caps based on their production status.

scl

15 Jul 2016, 11:26

any update on the phase2 payment?

nateth

15 Jul 2016, 16:56

lolpes wrote:Nevertheless, they provided an initial estimate for the corrections, they should keep it, and they should let the client know of delays. It's not me that has to hope for an estimate, it's 7bit, who is a client with a lot of money invested and more coming in, so for all intents and purposes he should be treated as such. That is all I am saying. It is a failure, if you are late in delivering to your client, the best practice is admit it. Because people will look at the page and expect 7bit to already have the caps based on their production status.
The consumer in me agrees with you, but at the same time I've worked in distribution sales with VoIP equipment. There are key differences between buying from a distributor and buying directly from the manufacturer.

In my limited experience manufacturing is almost always a late hot mess. Part of that is the nature of mass production.

For instance, when you buy from Amazon all you know is if it's in stock or not. They might give you an estimated restock date, but they are generally going to give a very conservative one to err on the side of caution.

When it comes to manufacturing you have a bunch of variables. Projected run rates, factory floor setup, tooling, etc. If somebody messes that up and QC misses it then they'll make batches of defective stuff. So they'll miss deadlines, and make new estimates, but miss those too and so on and so forth.

Of course some would say that you can buy stuff directly from the manufacturer online, but you have to remember that is simply a department within Samsung, Sony, etc. that is run like a distributor that put up with this crap, so you don't have to.

I'm not saying this is fine or even acceptable, but it's kinda one of those things that "just is".

tofagerl

15 Jul 2016, 18:33

But we're the consumers, and 7bit is the retailer, so it's kind of fitting that the only information 7bit can give us is "not in stock" :)

Data

15 Jul 2016, 23:13

zslane wrote: I don't think this is necessarily a failure of etiquette, to be honest. After all, they don't need to tell us the keycaps are delayed; that is pretty self-evident. If you're hoping that SP will provide a new delivery date, well, I think you are hoping in vain. I doubt even SP themselves know when they will be done with the corrections. An estimate from them wouldn't even be a "best guess", and therefore next to useless.
It's customary to let the client know when a delay has been extended. It's a bit of stating the obvious, but it's just a polite way of letting the client know that you're still working and they are still a priority. Nobody likes radio silence.

zslane

15 Jul 2016, 23:19

I'm trying to figure out how a notification of delay even helps 7bit. I mean, let's say SP emails 7bit and says, hey your keycaps are delayed. What good does that do him? What does he do with that information? I imagine he does the same thing he does while he waits for a delayed shipping notification: nothing.

A notification of delay is only meaningful if it comes with an estimate of the new shipment date. But if that won't be forthcoming, there's really no reason for SP to notify 7bit of the obvious (that his caps are delayed). And even if SP did offer a new deadline, why should he believe it?

The real complaint here ought to be that SP doesn't know how to keep to a deadline. They should do this and that and this other thing. It wouldn't be the first time someone has suggested that someone else ought to be running that company. But we're stuck with the SP we've got, and ranting about how inadequate they and their communication are doesn't actually do any good unless it is directed to Melissa.

zslane

15 Jul 2016, 23:24

Data wrote:
zslane wrote: I don't think this is necessarily a failure of etiquette, to be honest. After all, they don't need to tell us the keycaps are delayed; that is pretty self-evident. If you're hoping that SP will provide a new delivery date, well, I think you are hoping in vain. I doubt even SP themselves know when they will be done with the corrections. An estimate from them wouldn't even be a "best guess", and therefore next to useless.
It's customary to let the client know when a delay has been extended. It's a bit of stating the obvious, but it's just a polite way of letting the client know that you're still working and they are still a priority. Nobody likes radio silence.
It may be customary, but in this case it is mostly a pointless custom. If delays of this kind were unusual for SP, then it would make sense to explain to customers why there are unforseen delays. But 7bit (and anyone who has ever been part of a 7bit GB for SP caps) knows this is just par for the course. Long annoying delays are the norm. Confirmation that everything is proceeding according to expected norms hardly warrants notification.

gnarlsagan

16 Jul 2016, 00:26

The "wait" has been a common topic in this thread from the beginning. Everyone has been warned many times to expect delays. I think that once you just accept it, the wait is part of the epic-ness of the whole process.

tofagerl

16 Jul 2016, 14:18

Quick Q: Will HONEYB/TKL/CADET be part of batch 1? That is the bulk of my order, so would be nice to know.

Return to “Group buys”