F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

Elrick

28 Jan 2018, 00:14

Ellipse wrote: The key samples arrived and I can confirm that the key texture is an excellent match to the original XT keys. The keys are also great quality - nice thick walls, strong, high quality PBT.

Soon after I am hoping for the correct key colors for the project to be confirmed (pearl/pebble, blue, etc.).
Excellent finish on these, looks good enough to eat especially the Black versions (licorice block candy) :D .

Of course this is how it looks coming out of the mold, would want to see how dye sub goes with the beige coloured keys.

strah

28 Jan 2018, 14:07

The key-flipper assembler looks amazing, I'd love to see a short video of it in action!

duncancmt

30 Jan 2018, 18:14

Thanks for all the careful checking that you're doing on this project, Ellipse. I'm happy to wait longer to make sure that the quality is top-notch. (I just got burned by /dev/tty QC problems, so I'm particularly appreciative.)

Luna
Alt255

30 Jan 2018, 19:56

I'm in the project as well and actually found the forum because of it.
These keyboards will be amazing and unique.

Mimon

31 Jan 2018, 00:29

I just placed my order for an industrial gray F77 and I'm beside myself with excitement. Ellipse, thank you so much for investing in this project with such care and attention to detail. I'm sure it will be a joy for us to receive these boards, but it's also a joy to support someone so passionate. Cheers!!

Luna
Alt255

31 Jan 2018, 00:34

I ordered an F77 HHKB beige. Oldschool looks and lots of functionality.
It's been ages since I worked on a model M and I never even touched a model F.
You can imagine the excitement! :)

Elrick

31 Jan 2018, 01:12

Luna wrote: I ordered an F77 HHKB beige. Oldschool looks and lots of functionality.
It's been ages since I worked on a model M and I never even touched a model F.
You can imagine the excitement! :)
By going the F77 route, you won't be disappointed :D . Currently the ONLY decent Model-F based keyboard available on the planet, sold at a realistic price.

The current old-ware sold on Flebay are just prime examples of human greed, knowing that the Model-F series is now the IN keyboard to own and use daily. When Ellipse's keyboards finally hit the market, do expect the bottom to fall out on all the older IBM Model-F's that are currently available.

No one would pay several hundred dollars for a pristine old NIB Model-F series when for that exact amount, can buy a brand new Ellipse keyboard instead.

nsmechkb

31 Jan 2018, 01:24

Love your enthusiasm, Elrick.

Luna
Alt255

31 Jan 2018, 01:27

Fully agree!

Elrick

31 Jan 2018, 07:44

nsmechkb wrote: Love your enthusiasm, Elrick.
What's an old man to do but cheer on the sides lines, for this to finally hit a goal for all customers who signed onto this venture.

You've always got various sporting teams out there with their legions of fans but we should have our own here, in regards to this unique and formidable keyboard.

Ellipse gets enough criticism but barely enough houp-la and praise. Just like any brilliant sports star we need to start worshiping those that actually do something. I know he'll never get what Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi get paid but Ellipse is doing something that will out last many goals achieved by those men.

Ellipse stands on the podium of Triumph for all Keyboard users worldwide and he should know that there will be certain fanboy stardom affixed to his name when these keyboards finally hit the market. As it should.

gianni

31 Jan 2018, 10:12

I'm quite sure that after all this work he will start a business which will compete directly with unicomp. I wish him all the success of the world!

Shihatsu

31 Jan 2018, 10:24

Elrick wrote:
nsmechkb wrote: Love your enthusiasm, Elrick.
What's an old man to do but cheer on the sides lines, for this to finally hit a goal for all customers who signed onto this venture.

You've always got various sporting teams out there with their legions of fans but we should have our own here, in regards to this unique and formidable keyboard.

Ellipse gets enough criticism but barely enough houp-la and praise. Just like any brilliant sports star we need to start worshiping those that actually do something. I know he'll never get what Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi get paid but Ellipse is doing something that will out last many goals achieved by those men.

Ellipse stands on the podium of Triumph for all Keyboard users worldwide and he should know that there will be certain fanboy stardom affixed to his name when these keyboards finally hit the market. As it should.
fucking WORD.

Ellipse

01 Feb 2018, 03:19

Thanks all for the kind words!

The spring samples are finished and on their way!

Once the spring samples are approved and the springs finish production, assembly will start!

__red__

01 Feb 2018, 19:26

Ellipse wrote: Once the spring samples are approved and the springs finish production, assembly will start!
Check your calendar Ellipse - I'm guessing probably not :-) <3

Craweth

03 Feb 2018, 18:16

Ellipse wrote: Thanks all for the kind words!

The spring samples are finished and on their way!

Once the spring samples are approved and the springs finish production, assembly will start!
It's happening guys!

Luna
Alt255

03 Feb 2018, 18:53

Really looking forward to it, this will be an amazing keyboard!

Mimon

03 Feb 2018, 23:18

Ellipse, now that it seems like most of the parts are finalized, do you anticipate the production keyboards will differ much from the prototypes in your videos, aesthetically or otherwise?

Ludovician

04 Feb 2018, 04:28

So, assuming it's not too late to add a keycap set to my order, is "Printed dark gray" the black-on-black set?

Ellipse

04 Feb 2018, 05:06

I have finished the project web site redesign - please check it out and let me know if there are any issues or bugs. http://www.ModelFKeyboards.com

I just upgraded a few orders to single digit serials - just a reminder that this is an option if you want to support the project a little more (help cover the cost overruns) and get your keyboard a couple months earlier. We've passed over 1,000 keyboards and I'll be doing final QC checks on each of them one by one before they ship!

https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product/skip-the-line/

Here are the remaining serial numbers:
Classic Case F77 – sold out
Classic Case F62 – 2,3,4,6,8
Compact F77 – 2,3,4,6,7,9
Compact F62 – 2 through 9 inclusive

Mimon yes the keyboards will look much better in person. The videos were from the very first CNC milled prototype cases and other parts, and the compact cases were not fully hard anodized in the videos. Also the factory will be adding 0.4mm to the bottom plate thickness of the compact cases to make them even sturdier (going to 1.4mm thickness).

Yes Ludovician that is correct.

Luna
Alt255

04 Feb 2018, 06:47

@Ellipse
I got an email this night to confirm one of my orders (same mail as when placing the order) but not for the second order. Not sure why I got the first order confirmed again?
Also, do we get to know what single digit serial we got at this point or is that a surprise? :D

Ellipse

04 Feb 2018, 07:16

(replied over PM)

Ludovician

04 Feb 2018, 08:21

In case mine was picked for an upgrade: I would prefer to keep my original serial number choice.

Craweth

04 Feb 2018, 19:38

I can honestly say I haven't been this excited about a product in a long while. Will review versions be among the first to ship?

Dingster

04 Feb 2018, 19:51

Damn these look absolutely amazing, Id deff get one if i had the money :D

Best of luck with the production :)

Ellipse

04 Feb 2018, 19:55

I think the single digit and low serial numbers should ship earliest - not sure yet.

Luna
Alt255

04 Feb 2018, 20:31

Ellipse wrote: I think the single digit and low serial numbers should ship earliest - not sure yet.
Let them come!

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Feb 2018, 21:53

Anatidae first!

JP!

04 Feb 2018, 22:14

webwit wrote: Anatidae first!
I think we have the pecking order established now.

Elrick

05 Feb 2018, 01:02

Luna wrote:
Ellipse wrote: I think the single digit and low serial numbers should ship earliest - not sure yet.
Let them come!
They shall and all their new owners shall indeed be cumming as well ;) .

JP!

05 Feb 2018, 01:08

Elrick wrote:
Luna wrote:
Let them come!
They shall and all their new owners shall indeed be cumming as well ;) .
They better not be on these keyboards.

Return to “Group buys”