Phantom Custom Keyboard Group Buy (CLOSED)

litster

03 Nov 2011, 01:45

xbb wrote:Your user name: xbb
Number of kits: 1
ANSI Plate: 1
ISO Plate: 0

I want [1.5][1.0][1.5][7.0][1.5][1.0][1.5] bottom row but I see the first picture is without the 1 sized keys.
Yes, the first picture should have a 1 sized key between on both sides between the Ctrl and Alt keys. 7bit, can you redo that layout?

litster

03 Nov 2011, 02:01

sixty wrote:ANSI only! Screw ISO for me :D

Also for space row: [1.5][1.0][1.5][7.0][1.5][1.0][1.5]

you have this right?
Yes, we have that. :D

litster

03 Nov 2011, 02:06

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:Questions:

-what controler will be used
would be great if we could combine this with the Chameleon Controler
http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1243
I don't think we will be able to do this because the PCB is already designed, and the Chameleon availability is uncertain. Sorry.

litster

03 Nov 2011, 02:11

Tarkoon wrote:
7bit wrote:We will try to find some people to do the soldering for those who are not able to do this by themselves. You can have anything in parts or a complete keyboard.
If this is possible, the price would be the essential information...
Do you have any idea about that?
alaricljs on said on Geekhack that he would do this (for a fee I suppose). He is in the USA. You should contact him directly if you wan this service. He is also here on Deskthority. Here is profile link: http://deskthority.net/memberlist.php?m ... file&u=415

litster

03 Nov 2011, 02:33

TOZZIL wrote:I'm really interested, but do not have a Filco and don't want to spend all the money for one to just use its frame and switches >.>
Doesn't anybody have an idea which frame could also fit? Which housing has measurements close to the Filco and Realforce ones?
If there is a cheaper alternative, I'd definetively be in for it!

Regards
This will only fit Filco 1 or 2 tenkeyless cases, or anything that is exactly the same as Filco tenkeyless. Someone mentioned that CoolerMaster's CMStorm has the same case as Filco, but I don't know for sure. So don't quote me on that.

litster

03 Nov 2011, 02:41

I added the current orders to the 3rd post in this thread. Please let me know if I made any mistake. We maybe switching to 7bit's group buy system. If that is the case, 7bit or me should be able to add your orders into the new system without you redoing it. Thanks.

Ekaros

03 Nov 2011, 02:47

I wish I had money for this, or the skills, or the case ;D

Any plans on similiar pcb but for sub-tenkeyless anywhere?

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Nov 2011, 02:57

litster wrote:webwit
PCB 1
ANSI15 1
Teensy 1
Germany
Ich bin kein Deutscher.

The Netherlands.

litster

03 Nov 2011, 03:11

webwit wrote:
litster wrote:webwit
PCB 1
ANSI15 1
Teensy 1
Germany
Ich bin kein Deutscher.

The Netherlands.
Sorry, fixed.

CeeSA

03 Nov 2011, 08:53

i'm in:

CeeSA
PCB 1
ANSI15 1
Teensy 1
Germany

litster

03 Nov 2011, 08:57

CeeSA, added you to the order list.

Anyone knows if the forum software support some kind of table formatting? [table][/table] doesn't seem to work.

7bit

03 Nov 2011, 12:05

litster wrote:CeeSA, added you to the order list.

Anyone knows if the forum software support some kind of table formatting? [table][/table] doesn't seem to work.
I will set up the order system today or tomorrow.

I don't think it is a good idea to post all user names on the first page. To know what has been ordered and which quantity, a simle list with 2 columns will be sufficient.

To have a table just post it as a code-block.

Half-Saint

03 Nov 2011, 20:04

I can do the soldering for the europeans as long as there's no SMD soldering involved ;)

Cheers

litster

03 Nov 2011, 20:43

Half-Saint wrote:I can do the soldering for the europeans as long as there's no SMD soldering involved ;)

Cheers
I added your soldering service info to the first post. Thanks for the help!

christoffer.braathen

04 Nov 2011, 01:37

USER: christoffer.braathen
PCB: 2
ANSI 1.25: 1
ISO 1.25: 1
TEENSY: 2
---------------------------------------------------------
Will need soldering from Half-Saint if possible.

litster

04 Nov 2011, 02:03

christoffer.braathen wrote:USER: christoffer.braathen
PCB: 2
ANSI 1.25: 1
ISO 1.25: 1
TEENSY: 2
Will need soldering from Half-Saint if possible.
I got you.

litster

04 Nov 2011, 03:29

Want to get a temperature from group buyers how many of you would want this custom Phantom key to go with your custom Phantom keyboard (2 1x keys per keyboard)? It would go between the Ctrl key and Alt key on both ends of the spacebar.
PhantomFace.png
PhantomFace.png (3.39 KiB) Viewed 6978 times
Last edited by litster on 04 Nov 2011, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Nov 2011, 03:32

I can't see the image because it is a geekhack attachment.

litster

04 Nov 2011, 03:44

Sorry, it is on DT now.

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Nov 2011, 03:46

Thanks!

Minskleip

04 Nov 2011, 09:23

How will the plate work with 7bits layout? Are there many holes which will normally be covered by the filco case?

Where can we get cheap filco cases?

litster

04 Nov 2011, 09:33

Right now only 7bit wants the 7BITSPECIAL :-). The holes betweent the 6-pack (PgUp, PgDn, Inst, Del, Home, End) and arrow keys would be covered by the Fico keyboard case. but if you don't put switches there, it will be fine. If you put switches there, you will not be covering the keyboard with a case, or you will need a custom case made, or butcher your existing Filco case by cutting some of the plastic out.

there are no cheap filco cases that we know of. You would either reuse your existing Filco case or find a way to make a custom case. there are some effort going on around that, but I don't have high hope. I have loaned out one of my filcos to a friend's friend for 3 months now so he can digitize it with his computer and mill a case for me with his personal CNC machine in his garage. But I don't have high hope with that :-(.

litster

04 Nov 2011, 09:53

Here is an update. Behind the scene, we are finishing up the design and closing a few decisions. As you know we maybe getting a custom keycap made for this special keyboard. It will likely a separate group buy. We are looking into if we could include switches in the group buy, or direct group buyers to mouser or digikey to get the switches directly from these vendors. We are going to do a round of virtual measurement check of the plate design against an actual Filco tenkeyless keyboard. We will likely print out the PCB on cardboard in 1:1 scale to more measurement checking. Then we will make a couple of test plates, mount real switches onto them and do another measurement against a real Filco keyboard.

All the above I expect would take 2 weeks to 3 weeks. Once everything is checked out and that we are confident with the design, we will close the group buy, collect money, and order all the parts. That will likely take another month or two from ordering, manufacturing, shipping, sorting, shipping to our 2 distributors, and then ship out to buyers.

I will update again when we have more info. Thanks.

Minskleip

04 Nov 2011, 10:23

litster wrote:Right now only 7bit wants the 7BITSPECIAL :-). The holes betweent the 6-pack (PgUp, PgDn, Inst, Del, Home, End) and arrow keys would be covered by the Fico keyboard case. but if you don't put switches there, it will be fine. If you put switches there, you will not be covering the keyboard with a case, or you will need a custom case made, or butcher your existing Filco case by cutting some of the plastic out.
As long as the plate has enough holes, case cutting is ok.
litster wrote:there are no cheap filco cases that we know of. You would either reuse your existing Filco case or find a way to make a custom case. there are some effort going on around that, but I don't have high hope. I have loaned out one of my filcos to a friend's friend for 3 months now so he can digitize it with his computer and mill a case for me with his personal CNC machine in his garage. But I don't have high hope with that :-(.
That would be excellent - even if it's just made out of wood. Looks like the most likely way will be to get a used filco. I'm making the case for my own matrix 'board, and I don't think it'll be nice enough to bring to work haha

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Nov 2011, 10:32

Someone should hit up Costar and ask for unbranded Filco cases. In the past they seem to have sold 104 key ones, maybe tenkeyless cases can be arranged?

yench

04 Nov 2011, 13:14

would it fit a leopold tenkeyless?

how do people intend to close the 1 unit between ctrl and alt on the winkeyless version?

7bit

04 Nov 2011, 13:41

yench wrote:would it fit a leopold tenkeyless?

how do people intend to close the 1 unit between ctrl and alt on the winkeyless version?
With a switch and a key cap?

Put blanks ultra-flat blanks on these if you don't want them to use as switches.

Findecanor

04 Nov 2011, 15:00

Do you have any preliminary pictures of the plate layouts?
I am a little bit interested, but would prefer a slightly different layout and I wonder how easy they would be to mod.
yench wrote:would it fit a leopold tenkeyless?
I am not involved, but I guess not. Leopold has different spacing between key groups.

bpiphany

04 Nov 2011, 15:46

Findecanor wrote:Do you have any preliminary pictures of the plate layouts?
I am a little bit interested, but would prefer a slightly different layout and I wonder how easy they would be to mod.

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt-get install qcad
After that you can view attached dxf file... I can set you up with a dxf-drawing for any setup you like. It will probably not be included in the group buy though.
Attachments
ANSI cutout.zip
(13.35 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

fossala
Elite +1

04 Nov 2011, 15:49

You miss spelled aptitude :)

Return to “Group buys”