KBC Poker - European Distribution - Questions

runeazn

18 Mar 2011, 22:52

i have a question why dont we do a engraved ANSI poker MO?
i think even more people would be interested.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

18 Mar 2011, 22:53

Because the keyboard is not offered like that. The only available option right now is white print ABS keys. The engraved one was only available for the 100 sample models.

runeazn

18 Mar 2011, 22:57

ah.

guilleguillaume

19 Mar 2011, 00:45

Waiting for the ISO info :D

javifast

19 Mar 2011, 05:06

guilleguillaume wrote:Waiting for the ISO info :D
Yes, an Iso keyboard would be great.

kidchunks

19 Mar 2011, 05:36

FYI,
I built a script for autohotkey which mimics the poker layout.
Since I already posted it on GH(didn't want to monitor two threads), here is the link:
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:16368

Enjoy! :D

paat

19 Mar 2011, 13:28

Sixty, did you get an anwser referring to a ISO-layout for the Poker 40 % from the Taiwanese people? Sorry but i can't wait :P
I mean today expire the countdown for the participant list for the poker, anyway you wrote it. And if there is a chance to get an ISO layout i'd like to take one in place of an ANSI :)

isman

19 Mar 2011, 13:32

Just to make things clear, is the board shipped with the "special poker legends" keycaps ? Or do we have to make a separate order to have 'em ?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Mar 2011, 13:39

No answer on the possibility on a ISO version. If it is possible at all, it will be several months coming anyway. If you want one, I recommend ordering one now.

As for the legends, yes these should have the Poker legends. The keys just won't be engraved "black on black" like on the review model. Instead they will be white on black.

ripster

19 Mar 2011, 17:05

runeazn wrote:do you also might ofer in the future jap layout?
with small spacebar yeah.
What about a Chink layout?

WarningHPB

19 Mar 2011, 17:31

complete noob here sorry! new to the whole cherry/keyboard thing does this have nkro?

ripster

19 Mar 2011, 18:04

The Geekhack NKRO Wiki is down but if IIRC (sometimes I get the Poker/Noppoo mixed up) this one is 6KRO USB and NKRO PS/2.

However, unlike many forum members I am SURE this is a girl, not a tranny keyboard model. I took Anatomy.

ripster

19 Mar 2011, 18:29

I have a question. Who IS the KBC? Is it a real company or a bunch of forum dudes placing group buys at Costar?

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Mar 2011, 18:45

It's the Keyboard Crusher, crazy German kid:
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/鍵盤破壞者

ripster

19 Mar 2011, 20:40

Last time I gave money to a Angry German Kid he spent it all on Jagermeister.

Wikipedia says it translates as "Liver Glue" and has Elk Blood. Ewww......

runeazn

20 Mar 2011, 01:10

ripster wrote:The Geekhack NKRO Wiki is down but if IIRC (sometimes I get the Poker/Noppoo mixed up) this one is 6KRO USB and NKRO PS/2.

However, unlike many forum members I am SURE this is a girl, not a tranny keyboard model. I took Anatomy.
i see what you did there Image

Brian8bit

20 Mar 2011, 15:38

Thinking about this... will it be paypal we pay through or wire transfer? I closed PayPal years ago because their fees then where extortionate. I signed up for a paypal account again because I was hoping to do a deal with ElbowGlue for an SMK-88. I bitched about my problems with PayPal on geekhack. Anyway, looking at the PayPal fees charged, it's only 0.5% if paid through PayPal funds or the bank and a whopping 3.9% and a fixed fee if I pay by card through PayPal.

Seems I need to pull my finger out and sort out my PayPal account proper.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Mar 2011, 15:39

I will prefer PayPal, but possibly will be able to accept wire transfer. It will in the end depend on how I have to pay the KBC guys. I want to avoid extra fees, so I'll see once I get a final invoice from KBC.

Brian8bit

20 Mar 2011, 15:42

That's cool. I'll get on the phone to PayPal in the next day or two to sort out linking my bank account to my PayPal account. Which just means trouble because once that's done I'll probably be in touch with ElbowGlue to see if he still has that SMK-88.

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Mar 2011, 16:39

IBAN/BIC ftw! No costs for me.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Mar 2011, 18:29

ripster wrote:The Geekhack NKRO Wiki is down but if IIRC (sometimes I get the Poker/Noppoo mixed up) this one is 6KRO USB and NKRO PS/2.

The ironic thing here is this girls name. Elly Tran! Kinda makes you wonder... tran.... I'd still hit it.

runeazn

21 Mar 2011, 16:08

i studied the picture of thew actual keyboard we get, and i might say it misses the fn layer text?
why i would've liekd it more to know wich buttons are assigned with the FN key to which key.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

21 Mar 2011, 17:02

runeazn wrote:i studied the picture of thew actual keyboard we get, and i might say it misses the fn layer text?
why i would've liekd it more to know wich buttons are assigned with the FN key to which key.
It should have the FN print. In fact I am pretty certain it does.

Btw, I still have not heard back yet from the KBC guys (getting a bit nervous), so I'll keep orders open until I hear back for the quote. I however won't be able to guarantee anyone past the 40th order a keyboard, but we'll see.

Brian8bit

21 Mar 2011, 17:23

Contacted Paypal to sort out my account. They're only allowed to add one bank account three times. Which I've hit the limit of. If I'd known that I wouldn't have closed my PayPal account after previous transactions where complete.
Last edited by Brian8bit on 13 Apr 2011, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

21 Mar 2011, 17:30

No good alternatives as far as I know that are even accepted remotely close to the levels of PayPal. Banktransfer will be fine, no worries.

runeazn

21 Mar 2011, 18:01

hmm why dont they do engraved it looks so many ways betta!

runeazn

23 Mar 2011, 21:23

does it has detachable mini usb?
will make switching between this and my ducky eazy :P

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Mar 2011, 21:30

Yes.

Culinia

23 Mar 2011, 22:28

With the intention (assuming that they will fit) of replacing the keycaps with 7bit's doubleshot replacement keycaps. Would I then, be able to get a discount (since it is made to order) of having a Poker but without any keycaps? Would this present any problems apart from not having the dual layered (not sure if this is the right words) keycaps for the special layout?

Thanks.
Last edited by Culinia on 23 Mar 2011, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Mar 2011, 22:33

Of course I am not able to do anything like that. The boards should already be cheap enough as is. I am just distributing them in Europe and not change anything about the price, let alone remove keycaps.

Return to “Group buys”