DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)

richie

27 May 2013, 23:31

Hi matt3o,
I'm also waiting for tracking or confirmation that my keys have been sent out. Last I heard was from samwisekoi on 2013-05-01 giving the final list and address.

usopia

28 May 2013, 01:09

All orders have been sent out for now? I also have no notification.

Bullveyr

28 May 2013, 09:53

usopia wrote:All orders have been sent out for now? I also have no notification.
Not every order is shipped (including mine) but all are prepped for shipping, I guess samwisekoi will get them all out this week.

suka
frobiac

03 Jun 2013, 10:39

Any German who has experience with customs here?
I have these status messages and don't know whether that means my keys really cleared customs already, or does the missing update mean they got held (which I would have expected actually) ?

June 1, 2013 11:38:00 CUSTOMS CLEARANCE PROCESSING COMPLETE
June 1, 2013 11:37:00 CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
June 1, 2013 09:09:00 CUSTOMS CLEARANCE

BimboBB

03 Jun 2013, 10:53

Guess you will get a letter within next days which tells you that you can pick up yr keys.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Jun 2013, 10:55

All orders have been shipped!

Replacements (ie production errors) have already been shipped to samwisekoi that will process them in the coming days.

Gilgam

03 Jun 2013, 13:38

matt3o wrote:All orders have been shipped!

Nice i'm quite impatient. :)

akuji13

03 Jun 2013, 14:10

suka wrote:Any German who has experience with customs here?
This could mean all or nothing. :mrgreen:

With these text i had a lot of variations:

1.Package went through customs and was send to me via DHL (depending on the person at the Zoll and order value i had to pay taxes or not)
2.I got an letter to bring in an invoice, paypal printouts ect.
3.Package went directly back to sender without informing me! :evil:

EDIT:

Today mine arrived. :D
They are ok and the order is complete.

Thanks for this from the beginning to the end perfect GB! (where is the thumbs up smiley?) ;)

pasph

05 Jun 2013, 02:05

received

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jun 2013, 08:34

pasph wrote:received
pictures or it never happened! :D

7bit

05 Jun 2013, 10:33

I did not yet get mine ...
:roll:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jun 2013, 10:40

I called the Zoll and told them to hold your package until you sell me some SPH :D

akuji13

05 Jun 2013, 10:42

They will be delivered over the new Berlin airport. :lol:

7bit

05 Jun 2013, 10:55

akuji13 wrote:They will be delivered over the new Berlin airport. :lol:
We get a new airport?
:o

akuji13

05 Jun 2013, 10:57

YES!
Definitly finished 2020! 8-)

suka
frobiac

05 Jun 2013, 11:14

No (big) luck today - mine are indeed being held at customs.
Not that they could have an office in Munich itself, but at least 1h by public transportation away somewhere out of nowhere, with exactly the one subway closest to there being under construction currently (or 2x16km extra detour on my bike ride to work).
Given the amount of time and paperwork wasted on such a little parcel I guess it would have been less of a hassle if a fully-qualified bill had been attached to it - at least I was told that the DHL parcel service will then collect the money from you directly when you pick it up at the closest post office?

But enough complaints, I'm happy the caps are there, and I hope to make it there tomorrow morning and finally put my anxious fingertips in the retro grooves :-)

BimboBB

05 Jun 2013, 11:47

suka wrote: Given the amount of time and paperwork wasted on such a little parcel I guess it would have been less of a hassle if a fully-qualified bill had been attached to it - at least I was told that the DHL parcel service will then collect the money from you directly when you pick it up at the closest post office?
Mmmhhh....I am not sure how this is working with DHL. I only had once (out of maybe 10 or more deliveries) the experience to pick up my stuff at post office and to pay the VAT there instead of the custom office. Cant say what was the difference. But also a few other delieveries had proper bills attached and I had to say hello to customs. So I am absolutely clueless about the procedure behind it. :?

akuji13

05 Jun 2013, 12:47

You can pay the taxes also to the DHL when they bring you the package. ;)

The "procedure" behind is sometimes like a lottery! :mrgreen:
It depends often on the person that works on that process (that is the experience i have made with my ZOLLAMT).

Sometimes it depends on the bill itself: is it marked as "paid with ..." or not.
You have to bring in an document/printout that shows the content and how it was paid.

Some officers think logical "its send, so it must be payed already, no seller from the states will give an german privat customer credit to pay the bill later" an makes the customs process complete.

Others are working strictly at the standards and without an marked bill the will not complete the process.

This could be a reason why one delivery makes less problems than another.

fireglow

05 Jun 2013, 14:12

I received the caps today.
Need a decent board to put them on now, a choc mini just doesn't do them justice.

Oh, and customs took money off me :(
It took the guy 15 minutes and two phone calls to do it, too. Jesus.

akuji13

05 Jun 2013, 14:32

Sounds like fun! :mrgreen:

Halvar

05 Jun 2013, 14:46

fireglow wrote: Oh, and customs took money off me :(
That's interesting. Was it "only" 19% VAT or even more? I wonder what i'll be looking at with the GMK keys.

fireglow

05 Jun 2013, 15:11

Halvar wrote:
fireglow wrote: Oh, and customs took money off me :(
That's interesting. Was it "only" 19% VAT or even more? I wonder what i'll be looking at with the GMK keys.
It was 19%.

BTW, anybody in Germany who got a surplus . > key and wants to trade for a ' " one?
I am missing that key :(

7bit

05 Jun 2013, 15:27

akuji13 wrote:You can pay the taxes also to the DHL when they bring you the package. ;)

The "procedure" behind is sometimes like a lottery! :mrgreen:
It depends often on the person that works on that process (that is the experience i have made with my ZOLLAMT).

Sometimes it depends on the bill itself: is it marked as "paid with ..." or not.
You have to bring in an document/printout that shows the content and how it was paid.

Some officers think logical "its send, so it must be payed already, no seller from the states will give an german privat customer credit to pay the bill later" an makes the customs process complete.

Others are working strictly at the standards and without an marked bill the will not complete the process.

This could be a reason why one delivery makes less problems than another.
I went to the infamous Zoll twice and had to wait 3 hours each time. However, they always accepted the printed out US-invoice which would not get throuigh as a proper invoice here in Europe. They never asked how I paid for it, which was great because I did never pay anything and could not have answered that question.

Round 4 has been handled by DHL, like the Filco keypullers and the G80-9009.

Jesterfox

05 Jun 2013, 23:10

I got my set today. With the help of some glue I managed to get the right stems into the space bar and the rest fits really nicely on my NEO board ;-)
P1000169_.jpg
P1000169_.jpg (199.43 KiB) Viewed 13019 times

TheJJ

05 Jun 2013, 23:28

Got mine at Zoll today, in less than 5mins and paid only ~15€ (instead of 50€+) :o

Thanks for a great GB!

I think I'm going to build a new KB just for the set :evilgeek:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jun 2013, 23:31

Jesterfox wrote:I got my set today. With the help of some glue I managed to get the right stems into the space bar and the rest fits really nicely on my NEO board ;-)
P1000169_.jpg
really nice keyboard, congrats!

Jesterfox

05 Jun 2013, 23:36

Yeah, thanks for the GB. I just love the keys ;-)

suka
frobiac

06 Jun 2013, 09:23

Yeah - I got mine too! And the (in)famous Zollamt wasn't bad at all: Opened at 7:30h, I was back out 13min later and 12,60€ poorer (about what trainticket and bike fare going there would have been) and the guy there was really friendly.

A quick check revealed that all bags are there, I'll count and photograph the final result tomorrow but the caps look even greater than I expected.

Thanks Matt & Ron for making this GB possible and executing it so well!

BTW: anyone else with a "CAPS LUCK" key? The top of the "O" is not fully white on mine - not a major but a rather funny issue :D

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Jun 2013, 10:02

suka wrote:BTW: anyone else with a "CAPS LUCK" key? The top of the "O" is not fully white on mine - not a major but a rather funny issue :D
Picture! :) It might be a production error, I'll send you a new one if you want.

GeorgeK

06 Jun 2013, 10:09

I PM'd samwisekoi over at GH about this but haven't heard anything back - I placed an order which tjcaustin proxied to me along with a load of other stuff but I received the wrong spacebar (I wanted a DSA but have got a DCS) & it wasn't his mistake (as his order for himself was spot on) - are there any spares matt3o that could be sent to me?

Thanks

Return to “Group buys”