DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Jun 2013, 10:14

GeorgeK wrote:I PM'd samwisekoi over at GH about this but haven't heard anything back - I placed an order which tjcaustin proxied to me along with a load of other stuff but I received the wrong spacebar (I wanted a DSA but have got a DCS) & it wasn't his mistake (as his order for himself was spot on) - are there any spares matt3o that could be sent to me?

Thanks
I'll remind samwisekoi about your spacebar. Is it 6.25?

GeorgeK

06 Jun 2013, 10:32

Yes please - I only PM'd him yesterday but he's normally really fast at replying! Thanks mate

suka
frobiac

06 Jun 2013, 11:54

matt3o wrote:
suka wrote:BTW: anyone else with a "CAPS LUCK" key? The top of the "O" is not fully white on mine - not a major but a rather funny issue :D
Picture! :) It might be a production error, I'll send you a new one if you want.
There you go, my very special Lucky Lock :lol:
If you send replacements to some other Germans I would take an exchange if you have a spare - otoh maybe this will be the exceptional rare retro key in a few years...
Attachments
Lucky Lock
Lucky Lock
Caps_LUCK.jpg (504.17 KiB) Viewed 8773 times

Bullveyr

06 Jun 2013, 12:27

Just got mine, Austrian Zoll played nice, didn't have to pay anything.

Kind of surprised tracking worked all the way to Austria.

bpierre

07 Jun 2013, 16:01

OK, just got mine, and it looks great! Except for one little problem you can probably spot:
SAM_0040.JPG
SAM_0040.JPG (916.56 KiB) Viewed 8729 times
The extended alpha set is missing a G (and has 2 Y)!

By the way, matt3o, do you still have some deep dish blank keys left?

Gilgam

07 Jun 2013, 16:18

Nothing yet here :-(
France is so far away ?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Jun 2013, 16:33

bpierre wrote:OK, just got mine, and it looks great! Except for one little problem you can probably spot:
SAM_0040.JPG

I'll let you have a G. No more deep-dish, sorry.

bpierre

07 Jun 2013, 16:47

Gilgam wrote:Nothing yet here :-(
France is so far away ?
Well, I'm in France too, so if your package was sent around the same time as mine, it's probably not too far away!

bpierre

07 Jun 2013, 16:48

matt3o wrote:
bpierre wrote:OK, just got mine, and it looks great! Except for one little problem you can probably spot:
SAM_0040.JPG

I'll let you have a G. No more deep-dish, sorry.
OK, thanks.

Gilgam

07 Jun 2013, 23:51

bpierre wrote:
Gilgam wrote:Nothing yet here :-(
France is so far away ?
Well, I'm in France too, so if your package was sent around the same time as mine, it's probably not too far away!
Soeur anne, soeur anne ne vois-tu rien venir... :mrgreen:

suka
frobiac

09 Jun 2013, 13:43

Finally found the time to test the great retro caps on my hypernano - although the shades of brown do not match too well, the uniform look of the DSA profile is sweet!

ImageImage

matt3o
-[°_°]-

09 Jun 2013, 15:57

f*(@#ing awesome!

akuji13

09 Jun 2013, 18:25

Nothing special here, just a few retros on an HPE 87.

But with them, the board looks much better. ;)

nfc

09 Jun 2013, 23:27

Got mine a couple of days ago, but due to the very busy period I just opened it today.
Fantastic! The quality is great... remebers me Lego, witch is a positive thing.

Thanks really a lot for this GB!

One sorting mistake in Kit1: I have a double "C" key but no "1" key.
What's the procedure to get the missing?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

10 Jun 2013, 08:24

nfc wrote:Got mine a couple of days ago, but due to the very busy period I just opened it today.
Fantastic! The quality is great... remebers me Lego, witch is a positive thing.

Thanks really a lot for this GB!

One sorting mistake in Kit1: I have a double "C" key but no "1" key.
What's the procedure to get the missing?
noted! you should receive the 1! key in next couple of weeks.

akuji13

10 Jun 2013, 10:31

I think i should control my sets... :D

Bullveyr

10 Jun 2013, 21:43

IMG_0726.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG (797.36 KiB) Viewed 8515 times
IMG_0718.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG (927 KiB) Viewed 8515 times
IMG_0749 small.JPG
IMG_0749 small.JPG (607.54 KiB) Viewed 8515 times
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG (729.79 KiB) Viewed 8515 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

10 Jun 2013, 23:51

MOOOAR give me moooar! :D

fiftypoints

11 Jun 2013, 00:36

matt3o wrote:MOOOAR give me moooar! :D
Can do!

Edit: congrats on an amazing GB. I've met dozens of super jealous people that are sorry they missed it. I really hope this is only the beginning for DSA keys.

Gilgam

11 Jun 2013, 12:57

I got mine today \o/

Thanks they look very nice ijust waiting for the ergodox...

just a question in th iso kit i don't have gren left iso shift is it normal ?

Thanks matt3o and samwisekoï :-)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jun 2013, 13:16

Gilgam wrote:just a question in th iso kit i don't have gren left iso shift is it normal ?
we had no green shift... :/

BimboBB

11 Jun 2013, 13:33

suka wrote:Finally found the time to test the great retro caps on my hypernano - although the shades of brown do not match too well, the uniform look of the DSA profile is sweet!

Thats the first keyboard with DSA retro keys which looks more stunning than the keys themselves. Nice Keyboard, Sir! :)

suka
frobiac

11 Jun 2013, 22:20

BimboBB wrote:Thats the first keyboard with DSA retro keys which looks more stunning than the keys themselves. Nice Keyboard, Sir! :)
Thanks for the compliments but sorry for the awful images - should have waited to get my better camera...

But since the reddish hue of the wood is not matching the colors perfectly, I think will have to build yet another one :D
Just got the prototype layout ready, and it feels even better with slightly larger horizontal spacing between the keys. It makes typing on such a minimal board more comfortable, and together with an aluminum bezel should create a nice overall look.

BTW, anyone willing to part with the brown numpad keys . / - ? Or any leftovers? I'm missing them for my custom layout - then again, I will probably need to paint the upper corner keys with white colored letters anyways should I want the legends...

It's gonna be hot for sure :evilgeek:
Spoiler:
hot 1
hot 1
P1120021.JPG (503.91 KiB) Viewed 8384 times
hot 2
hot 2
P1120026.JPG (671.39 KiB) Viewed 8384 times

7bit

12 Jun 2013, 15:20

7bit wrote:In several different group buys, key caps had been sold for $25 per package. Please don't send as gift!
The guy who shipped did not read my post obviously.
:evil:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Jun 2013, 15:26

7bit wrote:
7bit wrote:In several different group buys, key caps had been sold for $25 per package. Please don't send as gift!
The guy who shipped did not read my post obviously.
:evil:
if it has been shipped by Ron, he didn't. actually he couldn't even if he wanted to. I'll ask him as soon as I see him online.

usopia

13 Jun 2013, 08:09

My kit arrived two days ago and I like it very much. All caps seems ok and a photo is still forthcoming.
Thanks to Matt3o and Ron for this excellent Groupbuy.

douchecanoe

15 Jun 2013, 08:44

So I posted before but didn't really get an answer, is there news on leftovers? Really regretting missing this GB, if there are leftovers I'd love to buy them, or if someone has an extra set

All I need is Kit 1 (Alpha), Kit 3 (TKL Plum), Kit 4 (Numpad) and a spacebar for a Filco (6.2, not sure if DSA or Uni DCS). If someone's got an Kit 12 (Extras) that'd be great too

Anyone know where I can go for leftovers? TechKeys sold out FAST

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Jun 2013, 09:31

douchecanoe wrote:So I posted before but didn't really get an answer, is there news on leftovers? Really regretting missing this GB, if there are leftovers I'd love to buy them, or if someone has an extra set

All I need is Kit 1 (Alpha), Kit 3 (TKL Plum), Kit 4 (Numpad) and a spacebar for a Filco (6.2, not sure if DSA or Uni DCS). If someone's got an Kit 12 (Extras) that'd be great too

Anyone know where I can go for leftovers? TechKeys sold out FAST
I really doubt there will be complete set leftovers. Probably some mods and blanks and some random alpha.

Anyway I'll let you know as soon as we know better.

douchecanoe

15 Jun 2013, 09:51

matt3o wrote:I really doubt there will be complete set leftovers. Probably some mods and blanks and some random alpha.

Anyway I'll let you know as soon as we know better.
Hmm, alright, thanks for the info
Kicking myself in the pants for this one, not sure what to get if I can't find a set of these, would've gone perfectly with my wristrest

Piers Cawley

22 Jun 2013, 13:20

Maltronstein with new keycaps by pdcawley, on Flickr

Here's mine installed in a Teensy brained Maltron. Next task is to re case that lot in something a bit more bespoke (and ideally replace the doubled keys in the thumb cluster with single 2u keys. The doubly mounted ones that I got as part of the set come up way too stiff by comparison with the ones next to them.

Maybe if I refitted them with Cherry reds rather than browns.

Anyway... lovely keys. Much nicer than the Maltron supplied keys they replace.

Return to “Group buys”