Phantom Custom Keyboard Group Buy (CLOSED)

agor

09 Aug 2012, 10:22

BiNiaRiS wrote:Bad news. The shipment of plates to 7bit got returned to me today. The front of the box had basically been demolished. The shipping info was mostly destroyed so it was returned unreadable (and thus undeliverable). Fortunately my return address was mostly there so we are just delayed. This only affects European orders. No plates were damaged and they will be reshipped tomorrow via 6-10 shipping.
Good they were not damaged. Hope everything ships fine this time

mintberryminuscrunch

09 Aug 2012, 11:09

God dammit

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

09 Aug 2012, 18:11

BiNiaRiS wrote:
The_Ed wrote:So either my switches have been shipped or will be shipped tomorrow? It's been so long that I need to make another order, but I promised myself that I wouldn't until I received my first one.
yours 100% are shipped. so you'll probably get them tomorrow. maybe friday.
YES! FINALLY! I needed some of those switches ages ago. I'm still trying to decide what all I should order next or if I should only order some of it through 7bit and get the rest elsewhere.

BiNiaRiS

10 Aug 2012, 00:36

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:God dammit
Think about it this way...had that shipment been screwed up somehow or lost, everyone in the EU would be 100% phantomless.

gimpster

10 Aug 2012, 00:43

BiNiaRiS wrote:
Think about it this way...had that shipment been screwed up somehow or lost, everyone in the EU would be 100% phantomless.
Please don't take these things personally, bini. We are, unfortunately, at the mercy of international shipping companies, which have very little motivation to get things done quickly or correctly. I think everyone is just frustrated over the situation, but not with you personally. The excitement for the Phantom doesn't help that. :)

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

10 Aug 2012, 01:34

Got my switches today in the US.

BiNiaRiS

10 Aug 2012, 02:07

gimpster wrote:
BiNiaRiS wrote:
Please don't take these things personally, bini. We are, unfortunately, at the mercy of international shipping companies, which have very little motivation to get things done quickly or correctly. I think everyone is just frustrated over the situation, but not with you personally. The excitement for the Phantom doesn't help that. :)
Oh, I understand. I've been on the opposite side of the shipping as well.

At least we've learned and the 2nd round will be very easy and efficient.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

10 Aug 2012, 07:51

My switches came today! I counted them and they were all there, but it was really hard to find the 4 Grey 37 mixed in with the 141 Grey 39...

damorgue

10 Aug 2012, 13:59

/me awaits the glorious moment when some leftover stuff shows up

7bit

10 Aug 2012, 17:09

I didn't make it to the customs office today, but will get there on Monday and hopefully leave it with some Phantom parts.

:-)

nanu

13 Aug 2012, 03:21

Anyone else finding Costar stabilizers having a tight fit on the black anodized plate? They are bowing such that the vertical sections are leaning inward towards one another. Wiki instructions had changed, saying filing is no longer required, so I didn't bother :S

Since I have everything but the stabilizers assembled, I'd rather at this point modify the stabilizers and not the plate, but of the lower/clip side and the upper side, only the upper side of a stabilizer has enough material to remove by thinning it out via Dremel cutoff-wheel.

litster

13 Aug 2012, 04:15

On the stabilizer clips, try open up or stretch wider the hooks with pilers or flathead screwdriver on both ends so they fit better on to the plate.

Once the clips are installed, from the top of the plate, push the clips out ward to stretch them some more.

gimpster

13 Aug 2012, 05:50

There's no need for any of that. If the stabilizers look like they are bowed inward, then you haven't seated them fully. The stabilizers have notches that should fit snugly around the plate, push them in fully, and these notches should snap into place. If you push gently from the bottom, in the middle of the bow, this sometimes helps these to seat fully. No filing is necessary.

nanu

13 Aug 2012, 11:39

Good to know, thanks. I did notice that a couple of them upon removal were widened by the plate edge (accumulation of shavings in the inside corner, so that blockage also explains why they didn't fully seat)

agor

14 Aug 2012, 08:51

Any updates? The tension is killing me!

damorgue

15 Aug 2012, 23:18

I just thought I should inform everyone that the only source I have ever found for 3mm RGB leds has changed their design.
http://hanhualed.en.alibaba.com/product ... &edm_ver=e

The part listed in the above link has changed from:
to:

which makes it considerably more difficult to use. The first one would ahve been so easy to bend three legs and have wires soldered to the legs and the common pole, with a potentiometer at each. If anyone knows where one could get them, please let me know.

Findecanor

16 Aug 2012, 02:31

What is the timeframe for shipping the kits to European members?

litster

16 Aug 2012, 03:02

7bit told me today that he just picked up the first of the 2 packages that biniaris sent him. The second package should arrive in a week or two.

John Fourth

17 Aug 2012, 02:58

My order arrived last week when I was out of town. Thanks to everyone who made the order possible. Great work!!

litster

17 Aug 2012, 05:15

John Fourth wrote:My order arrived last week when I was out of town. Thanks to everyone who made the order possible. Great work!!
Yep, your US order was shipped out by BiNiaRiS last week. Enjoy!

damorgue

20 Aug 2012, 01:46

Hey, a question about the Teensy flash.

How does the programmability work? Is the maximum limit for a key limited in bits, which in turn is limited by the memory, or is there a limit per key? I guess another way to put it would be, is the limit just for all the keys in total or is there a limit enforced on each key?

I am asking because my Cherry is annoying in that it has a limit in bits for each key, which they put in place as to not be able to go over the available memory. If it is instead limited in total by the memory, it would allow one to have most keys be very small in size and one to be long for instance.

litster

22 Aug 2012, 23:20

An update. BiNiaRiS told me all US and non-EU orders are all sent. All US orders should be delivered by now. Some priority mail international orders sent by BiNiaRiS have already been delivered. Other first class parcel international orders will take some time to arrive.

agor's switches somehow arrived at BiNiaRiS's by mistake. Will check with 7bit if he has extra stock to send to agor within EU.

Except one package, all packages from BiNiaRiS have arrived at 7bit's custom office. 7bit will hopefully be able to pick them up this Friday or Saturday. If not, 7bit won't be able to get to the custom office for another week.

agor

23 Aug 2012, 00:06

No problem there. Hope it all arrives sometime in September!

7bit

23 Aug 2012, 12:41

litster wrote:7bit told me today that he just picked up the first of the 2 packages that biniaris sent him. The second package should arrive in a week or two.
There is now one more package, I'm waiting for.

7bit

31 Aug 2012, 20:09

OK, all packages arrived.

Now I can pack complete orders and ship.

dirge

31 Aug 2012, 20:18

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!!!!

HzFaq

31 Aug 2012, 20:36

Whey!

Findecanor

31 Aug 2012, 21:24

So, you will ship all of our kits on Monday morning, then? ;)

7bit

31 Aug 2012, 21:45

Findecanor wrote:So, you will ship all of our kits on Monday morning, then? ;)
Yes.

agor

01 Sep 2012, 01:07

Are you sending my Filco Key puller with the Phantom pack? Please :) And I need stabilizers probably :(
But I'm SO excited, thanks to everyone involved for their hard work!

Return to “Group buys”