Distribution, Refunds and Repairs

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Aug 2011, 10:24

If the boards are send in order of shipping costs, I should already have received mine. I think the order is by the amount of endless complaining and whining, i.e. runeazn first :twisted: He even managed to complain about not having tracking while complaining earlier of the enormous expense of having tracking.

Brian8bit

25 Aug 2011, 10:45

webwit wrote:If the boards are send in order of shipping costs, I should already have received mine. I think the order is by the amount of endless complaining and whining, i.e. runeazn first :twisted: He even managed to complain about not having tracking while complaining earlier of the enormous expense of having tracking.
It's because we have the patience of saints.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

25 Aug 2011, 11:02

VladTepes wrote: Sorry for my ignorance but I still do not get why the parcels are processed in batches of only 5-10ish keyboards a day? I understand that shipping all the boards at the same time would have been quite problematic, but handling 20-30 packets should definitely not be a problem for them!
The original plan was to have all boards be picked up by DHL and ship them all at once. However I was unable to make a contract with DHL since I fail to reach the minimum required "business contract" of 300 parcels a year. As an alternative they offered me the lower business tier method, which is buying "pre-franked" sheets of a certain value. These contain 5 or 10 of each type. That is why stuff is sent in batches usually depending on the cost of the shipping. The reason stuff is sent in batches is because I simply cannot transport more than that from the office at a time.

Overall the whole thing turned out way more chaotic, stressful and expensive than planned. Up until sometime last week I was not even legally allowed to ship (or even open the box...) of any of the Pokers due to the lack of an EORI business number, while already having paid all taxes and fees. Europe is a funny place.

The next group buy should be a lot better organized and hopefully a bit smoother on my part. I learned a lot in the past 3 weeks.

I apologize for the delays, but for now its the best I can do. Everyone should have their stuff soon. After that, I will send everyone a deskthority sticker to makeup for it at some point in time. (runeazn excluded).

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Aug 2011, 11:22

Ah Europe. They added exactly zero to making the Poker and its import possible, so naturally they deserve their share. You have to realize they have to cover the costs of the entire apparatus to process the import to which they added no value and to determine and process the costs of this.

In a bigger scope of things there's one good part about it. Look at the US. The people want the cheapest crap from Walmart, and now they're owned by China. Due to our wonderful parasitic apparatus, we have this problem in a lesser degree. So despite taking our money, the mob has a point in that we should all have been buying our own lowpoly miniguru from the blessed grounds of Europe! Too bad that didn't work out.

VladTepes

25 Aug 2011, 11:25

sixty wrote:However I was unable to make a contract with DHL since I fail to reach the minimum required "business contract" of 300 parcels a year.
I was expecting something like that. Too many to be considred as a regular customer, but too few to be considered as a business one.

Have you considred using the MC Donalds coupon technique ? :roll:
I can't use more than one coupon on my 10ish menues order ?
No problem... I'll order one menu 10 times so it will take you far longer and actually cost you more.

Just come a bit latter with false moustaches or something :lol:
déguisement.png
déguisement.png (216.38 KiB) Viewed 4510 times

sixty
Gasbag Guru

25 Aug 2011, 11:32

webwit wrote:Ah Europe. They added exactly zero to making the Poker and its import possible, so naturally they deserve their share. You have to realize they have to cover the costs of the entire apparatus to process the import to which they added no value and to determine and process the costs of this.

In a bigger scope of things there's one good part about it. Look at the US. The people want the cheapest crap from Walmart, and now they're owned by China. Due to our wonderful parasitic apparatus, we have this problem in a lesser degree. So despite taking our money, the mob has a point in that we should all have been buying our own lowpoly miniguru from the blessed grounds of Europe! Too bad that didn't work out.
Yes, its true. But the whole thing made me quite jealous of iMav's US group buy. Where he basically imported the whole thing without having to pay any insane fees and then shipped them off across the whole country for less than it costs to ship one from here to Sweden. If I could at least say "at least DHL does better service than USPS", maybe I would think a bit different. But we all know thats not the case.

I had some nasty surprises in this group buy, the original shipping costs from Taiwan to Germany were much higher than originally calculated, which left very little to buffer for the actual import customs fee. In the end I ended up paying on top from my own pocket.

What I learned from all of this is that I underestimated fees and involved issues quite a bit. I know think that the prices Bruce manages to offer at the Keyboardcompany are probably better than I thought a few months back.

runeazn

25 Aug 2011, 12:28

sixty wrote:
VladTepes wrote: Sorry for my ignorance but I still do not get why the parcels are processed in batches of only 5-10ish keyboards a day? I understand that shipping all the boards at the same time would have been quite problematic, but handling 20-30 packets should definitely not be a problem for them!
The original plan was to have all boards be picked up by DHL and ship them all at once. However I was unable to make a contract with DHL since I fail to reach the minimum required "business contract" of 300 parcels a year. As an alternative they offered me the lower business tier method, which is buying "pre-franked" sheets of a certain value. These contain 5 or 10 of each type. That is why stuff is sent in batches usually depending on the cost of the shipping. The reason stuff is sent in batches is because I simply cannot transport more than that from the office at a time.

Overall the whole thing turned out way more chaotic, stressful and expensive than planned. Up until sometime last week I was not even legally allowed to ship (or even open the box...) of any of the Pokers due to the lack of an EORI business number, while already having paid all taxes and fees. Europe is a funny place.

The next group buy should be a lot better organized and hopefully a bit smoother on my part. I learned a lot in the past 3 weeks.

I apologize for the delays, but for now its the best I can do. Everyone should have their stuff soon. After that, I will send everyone a deskthority sticker to makeup for it at some point in time. (runeazn excluded).
Huh what why?
Lol wut?
[edit]
^^^
wait you payed out of your own pocket..
That's shitty no seriously thats bad :( . How much money did you lose to this group buy..
Damm customs they're always so annoying with those stupid fees.
This keyboard isn't even for sale in Europe so why would you need to pay custom fees anyway?
As custom fees are for protection for the European market, but this item isn't even available in the European market.

BTW is a EORI number really required?
What I read is" If the import of products are for the business that you run, you need a EORI number"
Nowhere saying that you need it as a private person?

dracaXL

26 Aug 2011, 09:56

sixty wrote:I will send you a PM regarding your order when I get informed with what it costs. Chances are it might cost a bit more than you originally paid, since back then your address was still in the UK. Luckily I noticed this before the complete disaster of shipping it to the old address. It was actually part of the reason why everyone had to re-submit their address :oops:
Okay no worries, due to timings though there may have to be yet another change - funnily enough, as the order has taken a bit longer than I expected, I may as well have it shipped to the UK address as I am flying back in less than four weeks! I will send you a PM confirming the shipping address and cost, and you can let me know what the plan is. =]

Thanks again for managing this whole group buy - I'm sure it's a bit of a pain with people changing addresses every three months as I am (unfortunately par for the course when you're an international student!)

prava

26 Aug 2011, 16:36

Have my Poker's at home ;) I have to say they are much smaller than I originally thought. Now, the big question, blue or reds, for me? Mmmmmmmmmm, thats something that requires less thinking and more typing ;)

I'll upload some pictures tonight. I believe after all the effort that Sixty has put into this GB we should, at least, show exactly what we paid for :)

JBert

26 Aug 2011, 19:31

I find it odd that some of the closer locations haven't been shipped yet... I guesstimate that I'm only a 3 hour drive away from sixty yet still no news.

hoggy

26 Aug 2011, 21:56

Mine arrived today - very nice to type on too!

javifast

29 Aug 2011, 14:10

Mine is still not here...:(
I leave the country tomorrow morning....So,...no keyboard for me for several months.
This had been my keyboard for the trip...

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Aug 2011, 20:52

javifast wrote:Mine is still not here...:(
I leave the country tomorrow morning....So,...no keyboard for me for several months.
This had been my keyboard for the trip...
Sorry to hear it didn't make it in time :(

Bunch of boards are out, almost all I think. Will be updating the list soon. It also seems as I ended up with two more boards than expected. Which is odd. If any of you with the multiple boards is missing one, contact me ASAP. I double checked everyone and could not find the error. This could also indicate that someone did not submit the form again.

mr_frag

29 Aug 2011, 20:57

Sixty, i my Poker has not arrived yet, and i have the same problem than Prava, here, the service is very bad. can you provide the track number for check if the package is on my country?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Aug 2011, 21:08

mr_frag wrote:Sixty, i my Poker has not arrived yet, and i have the same problem than Prava, here, the service is very bad. can you provide the track number for check if the package is on my country?
Sorry, you only paid for the "DHL Paeckchen" option, so online tracking is not available for your shipment.

Swede

29 Aug 2011, 22:45

Mine arrived at the old adress today, probably going to get it in a few days. Most likely the day after tomorrow.

Really want to test it with my "new" laptop I got for this education(?), got the crappiest mouse ever with that laptop, cringed as soon as I saw it :O Nice that I already thought of that :)

Swede

30 Aug 2011, 16:40

So, just got it, damn the swedish post is fast!

To bad that the postman was a retard, the opening in the postbox was to small, so by accident I ripped of the lock for the big door that the postman opens in order to get the post in faster...

I'm not strong mind you....

The good news however is that it works, and I really love the reds! They even feel smooth to bottom out imo. Next step is to get a CAD model of this so I can machine out a nice alucase for it ;) (guess what i'm studying for :))

maattdd

30 Aug 2011, 19:07

Thanks sixty for this groupbuy .
I received my keyboard yesterday, and i'm leaving France to live in Canada ... today :P Just in time !

runeazn

30 Aug 2011, 20:03

great keyboard space+fn very nice function very neet keyboard

guilleguillaume

30 Aug 2011, 20:13

Sixty just to know, Has my Poker with reds been shipped yet?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Aug 2011, 20:25

Yes, pretty much all boards have shipped by now.

I think two or three are remaining because the people did not fill out the forms properly. I will be contacting them separately soon. Yours was not one of those though, since I have your address on like 3 different occasions anyway ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Aug 2011, 21:13

My ambition is to one day start a keyboard forum with some guys, so I won't end up last in these group buys.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Aug 2011, 21:14

runeazn is hiring moderators!

hoggy

30 Aug 2011, 22:22

You'll have your work cut out there!

guilleguillaume

30 Aug 2011, 22:46

sixty wrote:Yes, pretty much all boards have shipped by now.

I think two or three are remaining because the people did not fill out the forms properly. I will be contacting them separately soon. Yours was not one of those though, since I have your address on like 3 different occasions anyway ;)
Perfect Sixty! :mrgreen:

runeazn

30 Aug 2011, 23:06

sixty wrote:runeazn is hiring moderators!
huh what i am?

Zelaxe

30 Aug 2011, 23:10

What is love?

runeazn

30 Aug 2011, 23:17

Ask god..

JBert

30 Aug 2011, 23:33

sixty wrote:Yes, pretty much all boards have shipped by now.
What about my Poker with MX blacks?

I haven't seen my name on the list, yet I did fill out the form. (And you could still have my address back from when I bought a Cherry MX blue keyboard from you).

sixty
Gasbag Guru

31 Aug 2011, 02:07

Your MX Black board is out as well :)

Return to “Group buys”