F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

Ellipse

25 Nov 2023, 04:38

The DT wiki has a great page showing the various photos of both types: wiki/Pad_printing

I hope to post some comparison photos once the factory starts doing the testing with the new jig.

Update on the boxes: for the next batch of keyboards (M Style Model F and Beam Spring Round 2) I am considering the tab lock style boxes, which are more authentic to the original IBM Model F retail boxes. Same artwork as the other style, standard brown boxes - not the white and gray boxes of the originals.

Example: https://www.packagingprice.com/tab-locking-mailers.html

From my collection: https://flickr.com/photos/modelfkeyboar ... ed-public/

ImageIBM Keyboard Photos by Model F Keyboards, on Flickr

Ellipse

28 Nov 2023, 03:58

Major project milestone:

Today the project passed $3 million in orders! It is great to know there has been so much interest in the old beam spring and Model F keyboards.

For those who have ordered in stock items recently, please note that I am still moving through the backlog but the backlog has grown significantly in recent weeks due to much higher order volume of in stock items. Currently I am working on wrapping up the remaining small project orders (split ergo F15, ortho, and F50) and other orders.

genericusername57

28 Nov 2023, 09:04

Ellipse wrote:
For those who have ordered in stock items recently, please note that I am still moving through the backlog but the backlog has grown significantly in recent weeks due to much higher order volume of in stock items. Currently I am working on wrapping up the remaining small project orders (split ergo F15, ortho, and F50) and other orders.
Just out of curiosity, how long would you estimate the backlog is? E.g. for an order placed in the middle of november, are you far off from shipping? No stress, I know you're working hard :)

RedESC

28 Nov 2023, 13:49

Ellipse wrote:
Major project milestone:

Today the project passed $3 million in orders! It is great to know there has been so much interest in the old beam spring and Model F keyboards.

That's great to hear. I'm sure your project will get a lot more of a following once your model M style cases start to come out. Guessing they won't be ready this year though.

CluelessTechnologist

28 Nov 2023, 16:05

Hey @Ellipse, I emailed you a couple of months ago about ordering printed black keys for Model M.

My original plan was to order a Unicomp Model M but with the new price cuts I think I will order a F104 from you instead. My goal is to get something that looks like IBM M13 color-wise.

So I'm thinking of buying a F104 black with LED overlay option 3 and then wait for production of the black printed keys. That way I can order the keyboard and hopefully use it while I wait for the production of the keys to start. Would this be the best option for me right now?

I should add that I would like the Swedish-Finnish keys so I figure it might take a while for them to show up as black printed option.

Ellipse

28 Nov 2023, 17:58

Great CluelessTechnologist! Yes those would be the right options.

Correct RedESC. They made the batch of black cases but we still need to finish the other cases and finish assembly and the F122 sample inner assembly still needs to be approved before F122 TIA and BIA production can start. Then we have 6-8 weeks for the container shipment and arranging local delivery to me. As I always say, we are at the mercy of the factories for their production timeframes. This low volume project is far from the highest priority but I am thankful that the project can exist without economies of scale.

RedESC

29 Nov 2023, 10:40

Ellipse wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 17:58
Great CluelessTechnologist! Yes those would be the right options.

Correct RedESC. They made the batch of black cases but we still need to finish the other cases and finish assembly and the F122 sample inner assembly still needs to be approved before F122 TIA and BIA production can start. Then we have 6-8 weeks for the container shipment and arranging local delivery to me. As I always say, we are at the mercy of the factories for their production timeframes. This low volume project is far from the highest priority but I am thankful that the project can exist without economies of scale.
Hi, Forgive my ignorance, what does TIA and BIA stand for?

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked up thread history, Top Inner Assembly and Bottom Inner Assembly.

Ellipse

04 Dec 2023, 03:58

Nice seeing everyone at today's meetup! There was a great turnout and a good amount of enthusiasm for the old style keyboards.
Always nice to put the faces to the user names of some GH, reddit, and DT forum members.

I brought the Round 2 B104, Round 2 F104, Round 1 Beam 104, and Classic Case F77 to the meetup where folks got to try them out and compare them with other keyboards the people brought.

wolfman

07 Dec 2023, 22:56

NathanA provided a a good summary of the major reasons why the F77 is not in the official QMK code base.

Why no F77 support? The QMK maintainer want a small set of files to review. I decided to first attempt to get my refactor build of the F62 firmware with two keymaps into the official QMK code base.

After around 6 months of back and forth with the volunteer QMK maintainers. My F62 refactored build pull request has passed the pr_checklist review. I merged the official QMK code base into the git branch for the pull request and the firmware compiles the the test environment. I have asked what is the next step for the pull request.

My plan for getting the refactored build into the official QMK code base. There will be only one active git pull request at a time.

1. Pull request for F62 with default and VIA keymaps. Contains my lightly refactored pandrew xwhatsit C code. I made significant changes to build system. (ON GOING)
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/21193

2. Pull request for F77 with default and VIA keymaps.

3. Pull request for remaining F62 keymaps.

4. 5. .... Multiple pull requests for the F77 keymaps.

At times I am frustrated with QMK. There has been more than 5 times in which the QMK core developers and or the build maintainers have make changes. Some of the changes have required me to make what i feel are significant code or build system updates.

Github for Link the GIT branch i am using for the pull requests. The link is to the keyboards/model_f_labs directory.
https://github.com/matthew-wolf-n4mtt/q ... del_f_labs

I have been using a different GIT branch for developing the pull requests. The changes I have made for F62 pull request have been duplicated for the F77 in the branch. The link is to the keyboards/model_f_labs directory.

I have VIA 3.0 definition design files for my refactor build of the F62 and F77. I have been using the files for testing. They are derived from the VIA definition design files provided by Darkcruix. The files are required to have the VIA GUI application to work with VIA firmware that is not included in the official QMK / VIA code base. They are JSON formatted files that Deskthority will not allow be to attach. I will figure someway to share them and provide where to get them.

My refactored build changed the location of the keyboards files in the QMK source tree. The VIA firmware requires unique USB IDs. I had to hack the pandrew utility for the different location of the source files and the USB IDs. Link to the source of my hacked pandrew utility.
https://github.com/matthew-wolf-n4mtt/p ... it-utility

My refactored F62 and F77 VIA firmware does not work with the pandrew utility. Only my non-VIA firmware should work with the pandrew utility. I can not guarantee that all the features of the pandrew utility will work with my version of the firmware. I only do very basic testing of my "hacked" pandrew utility

NathanA wrote:
07 Nov 2023, 22:38
AlpsComeback wrote:
07 Nov 2023, 17:36
I've been wanting to use my F77 lately, but I've noticed that the QMK support still hasn't been merged into the official QMK github repo. Does anyone know why it's taking so long and when it will be in the official repo?
*sigh*

Like any software project -- open source or not -- the project owner / maintainer has certain standards to uphold. This includes things like the way your code is factored, how it interfaces with existing modules / calls into existing code, whether memory allocation/efficiency/safety+security standards are being upheld, even down to code formatting being consistent with what's already in the repo, etc.

They aren't simply going to accept outside contributions blindly, lest average code quality in the project slowly erode over time. No open source project worth its salt would. It's also not their job, nor responsibility, to clean up your code for you. So if somebody wants their code to be accepted badly enough, they need to take whatever feedback they get from the maintainers, and try to bring that code up to the project's standards first.

Projects like this are also something of a moving target, so the longer you wait to make your code conform to their requirements, the more likely it is that something will have changed in the meantime. If you submit a contribution & get some feedback about things that must be changed before it is accepted, and then you only get around to it, say, six months later, core parts of the project that your contribution heavily depends on may now be different...existing functions/APIs may have been deprecated and new ones added in their place, etc. So now you have to basically "port" your contribution to the latest version, on top of everything else. And once you have finished with that and re-submit, you'll more than likely receive even more feedback about things in your code that need to be changed, etc.

It's been well-established that the original author of the code for the xwhatsit/capsense support in QMK has not had the time to dedicate to this. There have been other volunteers who have said they've taken up the gauntlet, but it's not clear to me what the current status of those efforts is.

On top of that, there is some debate about whether the goal of using a more current version of QMK on these keyboards is juice that's even worth the squeeze, given the limitations of the ATmega micro platform that the controller board is using at its core. The QMK codebase has only been getting larger (some might even say more bloated?) over time. Some of the newer features are nice, to be sure, but it's seemingly not possible (at least without a LOT of creative re-optimization) to get all of them to simultaneously fit within the tiny ATmega's memory space. This either results in instability, or in the worst case, a firmware file that's too large to even fit into flash to begin with.

All that said...how is the lack of support from the official QMK repo somehow "preventing" you from using your keyboard? My F77 somehow works just fine in spite of this; after all, I'm typing this response on it. Sarcasm aside, is there a particular newer QMK feature that you are hoping to use that the capsense fork doesn't have?

RedESC

08 Dec 2023, 19:04

wolfman wrote:
07 Dec 2023, 22:56
NathanA provided a a good summary of the major reasons why the F77 is not in the official QMK code base.

Why no F77 support? The QMK maintainer want a small set of files to review. I decided to first attempt to get my refactor build of the F62 firmware with two keymaps into the official QMK code base.

After around 6 months of back and forth with the volunteer QMK maintainers. My F62 refactored build pull request has passed the pr_checklist review. I merged the official QMK code base into the git branch for the pull request and the firmware compiles the the test environment. I have asked what is the next step for the pull request.

My plan for getting the refactored build into the official QMK code base. There will be only one active git pull request at a time.

1. Pull request for F62 with default and VIA keymaps. Contains my lightly refactored pandrew xwhatsit C code. I made significant changes to build system. (ON GOING)
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/21193

2. Pull request for F77 with default and VIA keymaps.

3. Pull request for remaining F62 keymaps.

4. 5. .... Multiple pull requests for the F77 keymaps.

At times I am frustrated with QMK. There has been more than 5 times in which the QMK core developers and or the build maintainers have make changes. Some of the changes have required me to make what i feel are significant code or build system updates.

Github for Link the GIT branch i am using for the pull requests. The link is to the keyboards/model_f_labs directory.

I have been using a different GIT branch for developing the pull requests. The changes I have made for F62 pull request have been duplicated for the F77 in the branch. The link is to the keyboards/model_f_labs directory.

I have VIA 3.0 definition design files for my refactor build of the F62 and F77. I have been using the files for testing. They are derived from the VIA definition design files provided by Darkcruix. The files are required to have the VIA GUI application to work with VIA firmware that is not included in the official QMK / VIA code base. They are JSON formatted files that Deskthority will not allow be to attach. I will figure someway to share them and provide where to get them.

My refactored build changed the location of the keyboards files in the QMK source tree. The VIA firmware requires unique USB IDs. I had to hack the pandrew utility for the different location of the source files and the USB IDs. Link to the source of my hacked pandrew utility.
https://github.com/matthew-wolf-n4mtt/p ... it-utility

My refactored F62 and F77 VIA firmware does not work with the pandrew utility. Only my non-VIA firmware should work with the pandrew utility. I can not guarantee that all the features of the pandrew utility will work with my version of the firmware. I only do very basic testing of my "hacked" pandrew utility

NathanA wrote:
07 Nov 2023, 22:38
AlpsComeback wrote:
07 Nov 2023, 17:36
I've been wanting to use my F77 lately, but I've noticed that the QMK support still hasn't been merged into the official QMK github repo. Does anyone know why it's taking so long and when it will be in the official repo?
*sigh*

Like any software project -- open source or not -- the project owner / maintainer has certain standards to uphold. This includes things like the way your code is factored, how it interfaces with existing modules / calls into existing code, whether memory allocation/efficiency/safety+security standards are being upheld, even down to code formatting being consistent with what's already in the repo, etc.

They aren't simply going to accept outside contributions blindly, lest average code quality in the project slowly erode over time. No open source project worth its salt would. It's also not their job, nor responsibility, to clean up your code for you. So if somebody wants their code to be accepted badly enough, they need to take whatever feedback they get from the maintainers, and try to bring that code up to the project's standards first.

Projects like this are also something of a moving target, so the longer you wait to make your code conform to their requirements, the more likely it is that something will have changed in the meantime. If you submit a contribution & get some feedback about things that must be changed before it is accepted, and then you only get around to it, say, six months later, core parts of the project that your contribution heavily depends on may now be different...existing functions/APIs may have been deprecated and new ones added in their place, etc. So now you have to basically "port" your contribution to the latest version, on top of everything else. And once you have finished with that and re-submit, you'll more than likely receive even more feedback about things in your code that need to be changed, etc.

It's been well-established that the original author of the code for the xwhatsit/capsense support in QMK has not had the time to dedicate to this. There have been other volunteers who have said they've taken up the gauntlet, but it's not clear to me what the current status of those efforts is.

On top of that, there is some debate about whether the goal of using a more current version of QMK on these keyboards is juice that's even worth the squeeze, given the limitations of the ATmega micro platform that the controller board is using at its core. The QMK codebase has only been getting larger (some might even say more bloated?) over time. Some of the newer features are nice, to be sure, but it's seemingly not possible (at least without a LOT of creative re-optimization) to get all of them to simultaneously fit within the tiny ATmega's memory space. This either results in instability, or in the worst case, a firmware file that's too large to even fit into flash to begin with.

All that said...how is the lack of support from the official QMK repo somehow "preventing" you from using your keyboard? My F77 somehow works just fine in spite of this; after all, I'm typing this response on it. Sarcasm aside, is there a particular newer QMK feature that you are hoping to use that the capsense fork doesn't have?
Best of luck getting your changes merged, would be great for this project if it was on the standard QMK repo like other QMK keyboards.

Ellipse

09 Dec 2023, 04:09

Today the project was featured in Hypebeast!

A design studio and retailer company, JJJJound, purchased some F62 keyboards with a custom keycap design with the intention of reselling. They posted the product today on their blog and everything sold out within one day. (n.b., I still have stock of F62 and F77!).

https://hypebeast.com/2023/12/jjjjound- ... l-keyboard

https://www.jjjjound.com/en-jp/blogs/pr ... l-keyboard

https://www.jjjjound.com/collections/al ... hite-beige

I have been in talks with other companies to resell / distribute the new Model F keyboards (for example, to have some inventory stock in Europe for faster shipping) but so far no one else has taken this on.

tiltowait

09 Dec 2023, 18:47

I got my split ergo yesterday. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use it yet. It seems to be very picky with USB-C cables—only one of mine works with it, so I had to order another off of Amazon, which should arrive tomorrow. It did come with two USB C->A cables, but I don't have any "A" ports on my system, so I'm out of luck there.

There's also some wobble on the right half when I type on the inside side of the first and second rows. I'll have to put together some sort of shim. And one of my screws on that side won't stay in either. All in all, though, I'm happy with the feel of this keyboard, even if I haven't been able to give it a test drive yet.

When all is said and done, it probably won't become my main keyboard. I'm good with split layouts (and have been known to use one as my daily driver). The problem is a Model F is so dang loud during conference calls! I had to swap out my F62 for my Type-S HHKB because nobody could hear me, and I couldn't hear them :D I knew this going in, so no harm done. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for an ergo buckling spring keyboard.

Ellipse

09 Dec 2023, 19:23

Thanks wolfman for the QMK update. It is interesting to see a behind the scenes look at the approval process. After something is approved, what if it loses compatibility with the latest QMK version? It seems like QMK is updated so much that some boards may lose compatibility.

tiltowait thanks for your feedback. Were any of your cables "active" cables? Those do not work to my knowledge. You can always pick up an adapter to adapt the USB-A connector to USB-C for the end going into the computer, instead of trying to use another cable. I have tested a number of cables without issue for the xwhatsit controller.

All of the Model F barrels have some wobble when installed, even on the originals. But yes you can insert a shim above the barrel and below the inner foam to reduce barrel movement.

The bolts are of various lengths for the split ortho, depending on the location. For the bolts that does not "catch" the top case you may want to remove the plastic washer which will give the bolt a slightly longer effective length. I also have longer bolts that you can cut to the exact needed size if you can't get the current bolt to work - please email me.

tiltowait

10 Dec 2023, 05:15

The other cables I tried were all active, yeah. I already ordered a second basic cable, so it should do the trick. I prefer not to use adapters; there are a lot of sketchy ones out there, and they’re also big and bulky!

I’ll give removing the washer a shot. As for the wobble, it’s case wobble, not barrel wobble. I’m just going to fold a small piece of paper under it.

tiltowait

10 Dec 2023, 21:41

Update: Removing the washer worked. My second cable came in, and now I'm able to type!

After some weirdness where one half would send its key presses before the other while typing fast, things are working ... mostly correctly. (No, I'm not sure what caused that particular problem to fix itself.)

The problem I have is that holding shift (or any other modifier) on one side doesn't activate it on the other. In the instructions, I see something about a workaround involving numlock state? I'm not sure if this is supposed to address the issue, but if so, I'm not sure how to make use of it. I'm using a Mac, which doesn't have a numlock.

Ellipse

10 Dec 2023, 21:50

This discussion may help if you are on a Mac: https://superuser.com/questions/707225/ ... -keyboards

tiltowait

11 Dec 2023, 01:08

Ellipse wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 21:50
This discussion may help if you are on a Mac: https://superuser.com/questions/707225/ ... -keyboards
I spent about an hour trying to get it to work, including diving in to some Github issues discussions, but I was unsuccessful. Unfortunately, it's kind of moot—I'll never be able to install Karabiner Elements on my work Mac. I think, for now (unless another solution is found), I'll sadly have to box it back up and wait for when I eventually get a gaming PC in a year or so.

I've definitely enjoyed what little typing I've done (including this post), and Vial is a nice way to configure it. The dream of ergo buckling springs is so close to my grasp! Oh, well.

Muirium
µ

11 Dec 2023, 11:11

Sounds like all of your issues stem from this keyboard actually showing up to the host as two separate physical keyboards you just happen to be typing on simultaneously. One Shift doesn't uppercase characters on the other, and sometimes one half will even lag behind its partner. That's two keyboards out of sync!

With Karabiner, the modifier issue is automatically fixed. (Lag between halves, though, would take some hacky ingenuity.) Karabiner is implemented as a virtual keyboard, which intercepts all input from your physical boards and merges them together for its powerful rule logic to work. I use it heavily myself.

But without Karabiner? Hmm. I dunno. I think the *only way* to merge keyboards on Mac is with software like Karabiner.

tiltowait

11 Dec 2023, 16:49

Karabiner definitely didn't work for me on my personal machine. What I did:

1. Installed. Granted what permissions dialogs came up.
2. Karabiner complained about the ".Karabiner-VirtualHID-Device-Manager" extension not being enabled. I followed the instructions to deactivate it, restart, reactivate it, and allow it. (I think I might have accidentally denied when it first launched, because several security alerts popped up while I was in the middle of typing.)
3. The Mac wanted me to reduce security settings by rebooting and enabling extensions from third-party developers, which I did.
4. Go back into Karabiner. It still complains, so I do the deactivate-reactivate shuffle again.
5. Karabiner still complains.
6. Uninstall Karabiner via the menu. Restart. Reinstall Karabiner. Make sure to enable everything. Triple-check the input monitoring access, etc.
7. Check the event viewer and verify "org.pqrs.Karabiner-DriverKit-VirtualHIDDevice" says "[activated enabled]".
8. Verify that the halves under "devices" have "modify events" checked. Experiment with disabling, just in case.

Karabiner never stopped complaining about the system extension not being enabled, even though EventViewer said it was activated. And, needless to say, my keyboard(s) never synchronized with each other.

You mention lag—just how much might I expect?

Muirium
µ

12 Dec 2023, 21:50

tiltowait wrote:
Karabiner never stopped complaining about the system extension not being enabled, even though EventViewer said it was activated. And, needless to say, my keyboard(s) never synchronized with each other.
Karabiner prime (to give it name) will be the truth: the extension is clearly not active. Annoying that you’re having setup issues. Apple’s knuckle dragging attitude towards handling permissions in recent system versions is a pain in the arse in moments like these.
tiltowait wrote:
You mention lag—just how much might I expect?
None that I know of through my own rather obsessive Karabiner use. It’s lightning quick for me, feeling quite transparent. If it had lag that I could perceive, I’d probably have ditched it in rage at first sight. I’m impatient with anything at all flaky in my keys!

I mentioned lag in response to what you said here:
tiltowait wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 21:41
After some weirdness where one half would send its key presses before the other while typing fast, things are working ... mostly correctly. (No, I'm not sure what caused that particular problem to fix itself.)
I read that as being caused by the two separate controllers acting up. Hopefully it remains fixed for you, because trying to sync them would have to involve delaying the faster one to match the slower.

Ellipse

15 Dec 2023, 04:38

It is a great honor for the New Model F to have been shown in the Linus Tech Tips tech upgrade video posted today!

Alex from LTT had the Brand New Ultra Compact F104 keyboard custom finished at an automotive paint shop and the result looks nice! It is great to see folks customizing their Model F keyboards!

Direct link to the keyboard portion of the video: https://youtu.be/b5hZVDoifHo?si=BCAgG5l1mYC9Out2&t=1200

Ellipse

16 Dec 2023, 03:11

The additional keys (code, non-stepped ISO Enter, and PC AT Enter) are finishing up production this month, after much delay. Here are photos from this first production batch:
2023 12 15 first batch of new mold keys (2).jpg
2023 12 15 first batch of new mold keys (2).jpg (759.39 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
2023 12 15 first batch of new mold keys (1).jpg
2023 12 15 first batch of new mold keys (1).jpg (764.81 KiB) Viewed 4346 times

depletedvespene

16 Dec 2023, 13:57

Ellipse wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 03:11
The additional keys (code, non-stepped ISO Enter, and PC AT Enter) are finishing up production this month, after much delay. Here are photos from this first production batch:
Will all of those be pebble, or will be batches in other colours?

Ellipse

16 Dec 2023, 22:36

They will be available in pebble, ISSK Blue, black, and dark gray.

As always everyone interested in reserving one of these keys (alone or as part of a set) please sign the Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vsamkl ... QkDG39r08Q

RedESC

17 Dec 2023, 13:07

Ellipse wrote:
16 Dec 2023, 22:36
They will be available in pebble, ISSK Blue, black, and dark gray.

As always everyone interested in reserving one of these keys (alone or as part of a set) please sign the Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vsamkl ... QkDG39r08Q
I can't remember, did I already register my interest in this or not. Do you get an email when you do so?

AlexB555

21 Dec 2023, 04:56

The BÉPO layout is arrived! Red is used to indicate the modifier keys. The infinite sign for example unlocks the APL layout. The red keys using a rectangle are dead keys. I saw a mistake but It will be fixed soon in the next batch. The "bump" located on F and J should be on E€ and T™ because it's not a qwerty/azerty/qwertz based layout.

Also, I like the custom overlay using the pictograms, it's spot-on. Quebec CSA and French BÉPO are based on these icons (iso 9995-7). The typeface used is Helvetica.

Arkku

21 Dec 2023, 15:19

So, I got the F50 to serve as a numpad for the F62. (In case anyone is interested, I also implemented support for it in my AAKBD firmware.)

I just put a lot of F-keys in the two leftmost blocks for now, and blank keys in the numpad split positions while I'm considering the layout. Any ideas for what to do with the middle block in particular? The F13–F24 could be useful for custom bindings without interfering with anything else, but unfortunately they are not that widely supported. I also don't need an arrow keys block there, since I have one on my main keyboards.
F62_F50.jpg
F62_F50.jpg (926.47 KiB) Viewed 3711 times

Ellipse

21 Dec 2023, 18:47

Great photos Arkku and AlexB555 - thanks for posting them! The custom sets for Quebec CSA and French BÉPO turned out especially nicely with the multi-color legends.

Posting (with permission) another nice setup: the compact F77 dark blue case with a customized key setup.
IMG_8933.jpg
IMG_8933.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 3609 times

engr

29 Dec 2023, 04:47

I finally installed Vial on my F77 to make some layout changes, and I have to say I am impressed. I mentally prepared myself for going through the same PITA I went through with QMK, but everything was much quicker and more painless than I expected.

From what I understand, the command file (flash-allpads-f77.bat) flashes the most up-to-date firmware, which means the keyboard should now work with the solenoid (old firmware had some bug) - is that correct?

sensy

31 Dec 2023, 10:56

I've been using my Split Ortho F for a bit, but couldn't quite get it to behave the way I wanted it to - I basically wanted two different momentary layers, so the current NumLock thing wasn't quite enough. I cobbled together a QMK-profile for the boards using wolfman's F62 profile (and the src-files from the firmware zip from NathanA I assume). I attached a zip-file. The keyboards will compile in the current QMK version.
This uses holding capslock to activate my "navigation" layer - arrows on IJKL on the right board, media controls on the left, and the numlock layer for numkeys on the right, F-keys on the left. Maybe this can be a starting point if someone else has similar needs as me.
IMG_2966.JPEG
IMG_2966.JPEG (709.93 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Attachments
model_f_labs.zip
(30.87 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

Return to “Group buys”