F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

darkcruix

09 Oct 2019, 17:40

Ellipse, if you had a chance to play with the dye sub process more, do you mind sharing a picture of some of your tests? I am really curious how that goes along.

NilesLinus

09 Oct 2019, 23:53

darkcruix wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 17:40
Ellipse, if you had a chance to play with the dye sub process more, do you mind sharing a picture of some of your tests? I am really curious how that goes along.
Yes me too!

cods

10 Oct 2019, 12:58

cods wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 00:04
Ellipse wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 23:51
Bluetooth wireless keyboard option?

Someone just messaged me the following option for a wireless Model F and I was wondering if anyone has looked into it:
The Handheld Scientific BT-500 Bluetooth Adapter for Keyboard & Mouse:
http://handheldsci.com/kb/
Using this adapter, removed from its case, you could possibly fit it inside the spacious case of the Model F.

Looks like it has one end to attach the USB cable from the controller and the other end to connect any USB battery.
Ellipse, I have one of these, and have tried it with multiple keyboards (including Model M) and computers/devices and USB batteries.

It’s terribly flaky and does not work very well - disconnects semi-randomly, doesn’t wake up randomly, connecting new devices is clunky... After a few weeks of trying to make it useful, I gave up and consigned it to the junk drawer.

Unfortunately I don’t think this is the answer, although if someone else out there has had more success, I’d gladly take advice and retrieve it from The Drawer Of Poor Purchasing Decisions.
So, just an update for those interested in adding a Bluetooth capability to the F62, F77 or any USB-only keyboard. Please forgive the digression / tangent, I'll leave it at just this post in this thread. If anyone is interested I could start another thread? Apologies if the images are comically large.

Intrepid explorer that I am, and disregarding the danger of adding to my Drawer Of Poor Purchasing Decisions™, whilst waiting for my Unicorn keyboard to appear, and in the hope of finding something to enable me to add Bluetooth to any keyboard, I backed the Gamo-G+) on Kickstarter.

I care not about the potential for gaining an unfair advantage in tablet / phone gaming, but part of the blurb caught my eye. Here's the specifications:

It arrived today - here's what my setup looks like. Yeah, I just needed to see if it worked... it probably doesn't need a 26,800mAh battery. I'm typing this post on this hardware setup right now:

The Gamo-G+ adaptor itself - note the three-position sliding hardware switch, IP (iPhone) / PC (PC, more on that in a minute) / AND (Android). Mine is switched to PC mode.

How it appears in the Bluetooth settings on my Mac mini (it's "GA01_Mouse" - yeah, 'mouse', it's odd, but here I am typing away and words appear on the screen, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯):

So far, so good, half an hour in.
  • It works fine for keyboard connectivity to the Mac.
  • It needs to be in "PC" mode, in IP or AND modes, it'll connect to the Mac but weird stuff occurs.
  • I can switch it to keyboard input to my iPhone through the phone's Bluetooth menu and tapping the Game-G+'s 'reset' switch. But it's a bit clunkier than the nice built-in three-device Bluetooth setups.
  • I haven't taken it apart yet, but even with the plastic case on it, it's fairly small.
Anyway, any questions, I can start a new thread or something. Cheers!

Return to “Group buys”