[Closed] Hypersphere's Topre Damping Rings - Europe GB - Shipping Now

Muirium
µ

21 Nov 2015, 18:13

Joy_÷ wrote: here i'll take 62
You're just in time. Payment instructions on their way!

There's only a slim number left from Hypersphere's stock now. Once I've ordered them, that's it folks.

Muirium
µ

21 Nov 2015, 20:56

Aaaaaand that's a wrap. I just paid Hypersphere the final amount for these rings, and they'll soon be in the mail to my brother's place in California, for me to pickup when I visit.

Thanks for joining me, folks! And again to Hypersphere for literally making this possible in the first place.

I did order quite a few for myself, so a late comer may be able to squeeze on yet. (I know what people are like…) But don't count on it!

notarandomname

07 Dec 2015, 22:22

I am kinda late to the party and looking for 90 rings.
Would be cool if you could squeze me into that gb :).
Wrote you a pm with further information.

Muirium
µ

08 Dec 2015, 09:50

You're in luck: Hypersphere's got another batch in the works, due in January. I'm over in California until February, so there's a good chance he can send me new stock before I come back home.

I think what I'll do is formally re-open the GB once I'm set up in America. I fly in a few days so it's all quite hectic just now. The pricing will be the same, and you can definitely go for 90 rings. Hyper's making several thousand! There's plenty to go round, once he gets them done.

Veggis

08 Dec 2015, 14:32

Looking to get in as well! 65 rings would be perfect :)
I'll send you a PM with more details.

Hypersphere

08 Dec 2015, 14:44

I cannot guarantee that I will have the new batch of rings ready to go in January, but that is my goal.

notarandomname

08 Dec 2015, 18:07

thanks for trying to squeze us in, highly appreciated!

StarvingDragon

09 Dec 2015, 12:17

Wow... I know I am mega, mega late to this party, but I only got a Novatouch a couple of days ago, any chance you could squeeze me in too?

Hypersphere

09 Dec 2015, 19:33

We can try to work in latecomers, but I can make no guarantees for getting in on the proxy/GB that Muirium has organized. However, I anticipate that eBay sales will continue soon after I am able to get the next batch produced.

Muirium
µ

09 Dec 2015, 23:01

I'll do what I can.

Fortunately, these rings are quite easily slipped into luggage, so I can add them at the last minute if necessary. Unlike what happened back in spring with a big box o Unicomp. Ideally I'd like them in my hands by the start of February. We'll see. I don't want to start invoicing people for stuff I can't be sure I'll actually get in time, just yet.

For those who do want to join in: register your interest here or send me a PM and I'll get in touch if things line up kindly for us.

andrewjoy

10 Dec 2015, 00:06

can i add a Next board and a clicky space invader to my order.

That Unicomp order was awesome , that's how i ended up with a second set of APL i don't know what to do with :P

may stick it on my replica 4704 :)

vsev

10 Dec 2015, 10:35

I'm in for 90 rings.

Muirium
µ

12 Dec 2015, 00:23

Good news, I'm in California now and so are the rings:
Rings.JPG
Rings.JPG (177.13 KiB) Viewed 5558 times
That's our batch. Should be quite straightforward to bring them back with me and get them shipped in February. A second batch looks a good possibility now that Hypersphere is manufacturing more of them. Register your interest and I'll get back to you.

Hypersphere

12 Dec 2015, 00:32

@Muirium: Great news! Thanks for the update. Glad to see that the rings survived the journey to the strange and exotic land of California.

Muirium
µ

12 Dec 2015, 00:35

The strangely wet and windy land of California. It's trying to make me feel at home! Still much too warm to fool me for Edinburgh in December though. Yikes!

Are you confident that you can make and ship us a second batch down here before I fly home again in February?

Hypersphere

12 Dec 2015, 00:46

@Muirium: I am a firm believer in global warming. Here in Michigan we are seeing temperatures in the 50s and 60s Fahrenheit in December. Decades ago, it would have been well below freezing during this time of year. Indeed, I recall a winter when Lake Michigan froze over completely, and with no lake-effect warming of the winds from the northwest, we had several weeks of temperatures at -20 F. Those days seem to be gone. I actually prefer winter to be cold.

Regarding the rings, I cannot guarantee another batch as yet. When in February will you be flying back to Scotland?

Muirium
µ

12 Dec 2015, 01:03

First week. Really want them here before the 7th! Family could pick them up later, but we'd be talking April by then…

As for climate change: hear hear. It's something we're going to have to live with since we acted so late. (And many continue to deny it for their own advantage.) Major floods tore across the north of England, not so far from me, just as I was flying out. I could see the next mass of stormy clouds marching right across the Atlantic. Didn't see the ground again through all of that until New York itself.

Rivers burst their banks, while others run dry. And the Marshall Islands are getting sunk by the sea. The times they are a changing, all right. Whether we flatter to deceive ourselves of the cause, or not. A rough ride lies ahead.

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2015, 22:39

Update: Hypersphere gave me the green light to open Round 2 to orders. If you missed out the first time, now you've got your chance. Welcome aboard!

Figueiredo

21 Dec 2015, 14:31

Hey Muirium

I would like to formally place an order for 90 of Hypersphere's magnificant rings through you. I have also PM'd you - this post is just for good measure.

- Figueiredo

Muirium
µ

21 Dec 2015, 16:49

Ah! Thanks for reminding me. I opened your long PM in a tab of its own for a proper read and didn't notice that part! I'll invoice you when I'm at my computer. (And HHKB Type-S, naturally.) Welcome aboard!

andrewjoy

21 Dec 2015, 17:31

Muirium wrote: First week. Really want them here before the 7th! Family could pick them up later, but we'd be talking April by then…

As for climate change: hear hear. It's something we're going to have to live with since we acted so late. (And many continue to deny it for their own advantage.) Major floods tore across the north of England, not so far from me, just as I was flying out. I could see the next mass of stormy clouds marching right across the Atlantic. Didn't see the ground again through all of that until New York itself.

Rivers burst their banks, while others run dry. And the Marshall Islands are getting sunk by the sea. The times they are a changing, all right. Whether we flatter to deceive ourselves of the cause, or not. A rough ride lies ahead.
As with anything its a combination of things, greenhouse gasses being a big one! This is the warmest winter i can remember but thats not the only reason for the floods, increase in population and poor management of waterways is also an issue! Them dam tories don't dredge no rivers!

Its good that we are finally doing something about it (or at least they say they are trying too). Lets quit it with all that horrible coal and switch to loverly clean nuclear power and renewables! We have the technology and recourses to do it so lets get off our lazy asses and get it done!

It is quit pathetic however that they have cut funding for home solar at the same time they are saying they want to combat climate change! How much energy would that offset during the day if we all had solar on our roofs, even if the UK is not the best place for it we could all change our habits to wash cloths warm / cool the home during the day when the solar offsets and use as little energy as we can at night.

They cut funding for that yet the US government gave 3 quarters of a million dollars to this pair of muppets. http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

andrewjoy

25 Dec 2015, 19:40

I got my Novatouch today ! :) using it now , love it ! Cannot wait for the rings to dampen it !

Did not even bother with the standard caps IMSTO black on grey dyesubs right way :)

Muirium
µ

02 Jan 2016, 23:13

Pretty decent Christmas present you got there. Now for the patience to wait until February for its damping upgrade!

This GB is still open for orders, by the way folks. So far I'm looking at 400 more rings to order up from Hypersphere. If you want to climb aboard and make that number bigger, get in touch!

Muirium
µ

09 Jan 2016, 06:48

Come git yer Topre damping rings before I'm back on the wrong side of the Atlantic all over again.

I'll be ordering more rings from Hypersphere again this month, arriving before I leave for home. Right now that number will be 400. Make it higher if you want! I can't afford much in the way of excess stock for lazy buyers later. Time's a coming.

TheNacho
delicious.

10 Jan 2016, 15:11

How lonh do I have to pull the trigger on another set? Might need one for my newly acquired keyboard

Muirium
µ

10 Jan 2016, 17:52

About a week. I'm ordering the second shipment from Hypersphere soon as they must be here before I leave at the end of the month.

scottc

10 Jan 2016, 19:07

Tempting, tempting... I've found this magic trick where I can almost justify the price of things if I translate it into a currency with a high worth. 30 pounds doesn't sound too bad, that's basically the price of a nice Indian dinner with a drink or two in London...

Muirium
µ

10 Jan 2016, 19:18

Ah, go on.

It's right about the price for a reasonably tasty meal for two at Denny's, any time of day or night! Damn, those guys would make a killing in Scotland…

scottc

10 Jan 2016, 19:26

Please don't remind me about Denny's... I went there for breakfast? Dinner? Who knows... at about midnight during my last trip to California and I can still feel it lining my arteries.

I've got two HHKBs so I might as well mess around with one of them. I've got one of Hasu's programmable controllers in one of them which is fantastic (ridiculous power button on the function layer - dead and buried!). I'm considering getting some of these for the same board. I use it as my travel board and it's a hell of a lot louder than my co-workers' Apple Aluminiums. But then I think I should get 90, for when I get a Novatouch... it's a slippery slope. A bit like deciding to go to Denny's.

Muirium
µ

10 Jan 2016, 19:31

Would you like a vanilla milkshake? Pecan pie?

Return to “Group buys”