[IC] Round 7 / color scheme

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

30 Jan 2016, 10:37

Are you going to go with icon mods this time, 7bit? :o

The OAS mods could be good, wonder if that would work with R6 BFP alphas. The BFP on WV alphas look nice. Though if you want something new, maybe making it all about BFP isn't the right idea.

LeandreN

30 Jan 2016, 11:46

7bit wrote:
:o

I love this one :D

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 12:28

facetsesame wrote: Are you going to go with icon mods this time, 7bit? :o
Yes.
facetsesame wrote: The OAS mods could be good, wonder if that would work with R6 BFP alphas. The BFP on WV alphas look nice. Though if you want something new, maybe making it all about BFP isn't the right idea.
Round7_orange_blue_test.png
Round7_orange_blue_test.png (97.3 KiB) Viewed 5630 times
:?

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 12:31

LeandreN wrote:
7bit wrote:

I love this one :D
You mean this:

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 13:22

t8c wrote: How about the IBM beam spring legends? Especially tab, backspace and the wonderful caps lock icon? :)

I like the Cherry-style legends more, but maybe an alternative single Tab arrow.
Round7_grey_alt.png
Round7_grey_alt.png (105.48 KiB) Viewed 5588 times

or what about this:
Round7_grey_alt2.png
Round7_grey_alt2.png (79.61 KiB) Viewed 5585 times
:cool:

t8c

30 Jan 2016, 13:43

7bit wrote: I like the Cherry-style legends more, but maybe an alternative single Tab arrow.

or what about this:
Beautiful :D

LeandreN

30 Jan 2016, 14:11

7bit wrote:
facetsesame wrote: Are you going to go with icon mods this time, 7bit? :o
Yes.
facetsesame wrote: The OAS mods could be good, wonder if that would work with R6 BFP alphas. The BFP on WV alphas look nice. Though if you want something new, maybe making it all about BFP isn't the right idea.

Yes i meant that one, orange also work. Love some cool funky colours instead of boring W&B ;)

braidn

30 Jan 2016, 16:05

Up vote goes to Alps and Cream and Grey. It is boring but pairs super well.

scottc

30 Jan 2016, 16:11

Alps! With proper stabiliser mounts!

HzFaq

30 Jan 2016, 16:14

scottc wrote: Alps! With proper stabiliser mounts!
^ This please.

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 16:24

HzFaq wrote:
^ This please.
Perfect!

Now, it is your task to find out the necessary dimensions.
:evilgeek:

nicstreet

30 Jan 2016, 16:30

Would I be alone in wanting left aligned Tab, Caps and Shift and right aligned Backspace, Return and Shift, think it would look quite balanced on a 60%? Maybe as an add-on pack?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

30 Jan 2016, 16:49

Even though I don't anticipate ever being able to obtain round 7(bit) :evilgeek: I'll still post this now...
IMGP0794.JPG
IMGP0794.JPG (972.67 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
keyboards-f2/micro-switch-custom-t11720 ... o%20switch

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 16:55

^^^ interesting keyboard. If we ever do German legends, this will help to find the proper words.
nicstreet wrote: Would I be alone in wanting left aligned Tab, Caps and Shift and right aligned Backspace, Return and Shift, think it would look quite balanced on a 60%? Maybe as an add-on pack?
Yes, you are alone.
:P

LeandreN

30 Jan 2016, 16:59

That orange & blue one.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

t8c

30 Jan 2016, 17:05

nicstreet wrote: Maybe as an add-on pack?
That would be cool 8-) 8-)

lolpes

30 Jan 2016, 17:15

Image SA profile :p or possibly a color scheme for a GMK GB :)

Ail

30 Jan 2016, 17:20

zslane wrote: The cream & biege would look something like this (with a biege case, of course). I think a slightly darker brown than WAR for the mods might be in order.
cream_and_biege_ansi_01.jpg
Yeah that looks great on the beige case.

Ail

30 Jan 2016, 17:23

zslane wrote: And here's the real reason I think people want to add yellow&black keys to their Honeywell sets:
skull_squadron_sa_ansi_01.jpg
Or is it supposed to look like this?
skull_squadron_sa_ansi_02.jpg
If you showed me those colors on a pallette and said to design something around it I would probably make a face, but for some reason it works for the SS set on a keyboard.

nicstreet

30 Jan 2016, 17:46

7bit wrote: ^^^ intersting keyboard. If we ever do German legends, this will help to find the proper words.
nicstreet wrote: Would I be alone in wanting left aligned Tab, Caps and Shift and right aligned Backspace, Return and Shift, think it would look quite balanced on a 60%? Maybe as an add-on pack?
Yes, you are alone.
:P
hey, thanks 7bit, I'm feeling special, just like all those years ago ... kicking a stone round the playground on my lonesome :(

zslane

30 Jan 2016, 18:08

Incognito wrote: Here is something optimistic, serious-looking and somewhat autumnal from way back when we were all young and full of hope.

Picture snatched from this URL: http://www.hpmuseum.org/98xx/9830kbdl.jpg

Of course the brownish case helps quite a bit.
I like those colors. As long as the yellow/orange is kept to a minimum... :)

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 19:47

lolpes wrote: Image
That's lame!

My Brother CE-650 can do 15 characters per inch and comes with an adjustable LC-display!
:ugeek:

Ail

30 Jan 2016, 19:53

zslane wrote:
Incognito wrote: Here is something optimistic, serious-looking and somewhat autumnal from way back when we were all young and full of hope.

Picture snatched from this URL: http://www.hpmuseum.org/98xx/9830kbdl.jpg

Of course the brownish case helps quite a bit.
I like those colors. As long as the yellow/orange is kept to a minimum... :)
Has a sort of carbonesque feel to it:

WBO, GE, YL, YCF

Legends: TBN, YCB

zslane

30 Jan 2016, 20:16

I really wish I had a case that could accomodate a cream/brown colorway. Neither black nor white "do it" for me when it comes to those key colors. But I sure do like the concept. Though I would not use yellow for the legend text on the modifiers, but probably match the cream alpha color instead.

HzFaq

30 Jan 2016, 20:46

7bit wrote:
HzFaq wrote:
^ This please.
Perfect!

Now, it is your task to find out the necessary dimensions.
I can't get you the dimensions, but I have a few spares kicking around if you want them to get your own measurements.

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 21:04

I've got enough Alps boards (especially the big ass Ortek and Focus) to do it myself, but I don't have the tools to do precise enough measuring.
:-)

Of all designs, I like this one the most:
Round7_grey_rgb.png
Round7_grey_rgb.png (107.39 KiB) Viewed 5379 times

meow a cat

30 Jan 2016, 21:41

7bit wrote:
meow a cat wrote: My vote goes to creamy beige alphas, like the cream set that's already been done, but without the purple.

Creamy beige alphas, with black or grey lettering, and grey mods, or blue mods, or a vintage inspired colourway.. but with creamy beige alphas.

There aren't enough sets out there in cream. :mrgreen:

I love this! I also really dig the blue.

I REALLY liked the cream/beige combo zslane posted:
zslane wrote: The cream & biege would look something like this (with a biege case, of course). I think a slightly darker brown than WAR for the mods might be in order.
I would kill for this set. :mrgreen:

infodroid

30 Jan 2016, 21:43

I see this thread is focused on colorway. But I wanted to share my thoughts on materials and production.

I have a preference for PBT over ABS. But it seems like the default PBT producer for group buys is SP, who have very limited profile options.

I would like to suggest breaking new ground in production. We have seen in recent years good quality PBT dyesub and doubleshots coming out of Asia in Cherry and OEM profile. But I don't know of a single group buy using these producers to commission a custom design in PBT.

I don't know why that is. But maybe it is possible to have great PBT keycaps without being limited to SP DSA or G20 profile. Or resorting to ABS just to have doubleshots or a preferred profile.
Last edited by infodroid on 30 Jan 2016, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 21:55

I love sphericals and I love double shots. If GMK had the same MOQ as SP. I'd do the one or other group buy with them, but with their current MOQ it is insane.

Nothing against PBT, but if it is not double shot, you can forget it.

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 22:00

meow a cat wrote: ...
I would kill for this set. :mrgreen:
You mean this:
:roll:

Return to “Group buys”