[CLOSED] HHKB Metal Stickers

Muirium
µ

20 May 2016, 11:23

cookie wrote: Hello Friends!

Yesterday I've weighted the stickers and well, 20g is enough to ship a lot of stickers... I had 8 stickers with several type-s lying around and couldn't barely get output from my kitchen scale. I'd say you can easily ship 30 stickers (or even more) in one envelope.
Sandwich them between stiff cardboard so they don't get mashed up and ruined in the mail. Post clerks love to bend stuff, fold stuff, and generally wreck it. I'd see about holding the stickers still in the middle of the card, so they don't slide with all the shaking they're bound to get, too. Maybe put them in little plastic bags, and stick those down to the card? Then surround with more card!

Remember you're up against these guys:

Royal Mail grade care. Roads and all. They have smashed Model M caps for me in the past. Smashed!!!

webwit
Wild Duck

20 May 2016, 12:21

Paypal only or IBAN as well?

I still have do decide if I want to pay 7 euro for a sticker! :twisted:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

20 May 2016, 12:26

Muirium wrote: Royal Mail grade care. Roads and all. They have smashed Model M caps for me in the past. Smashed!!!
A fairy's fart is enough to break these paper thin flimsy caps.

Muirium
µ

20 May 2016, 12:51

Hardly. I'm sure the fuckers stood on the bubblemailer. And then jumped on it a few times to make sure the job was done. They even doused my Beamspring in the beer Halvar had kindly but recklessly shipped it with! That was an icky cleanup.

Mind, at least they didn't simply steal my property. That time…

off-topic-f10/keyboard-oh-shit-moments- ... ml#p216469

Wodan
ISO Advocate

20 May 2016, 13:12

Oh wow busting a beer can in a keyboard shipment is pretty epic.

adhoc

20 May 2016, 14:06

Interesting, I've never had a bad experience with postage from anyone in the world, really. *knock on wood* your horror stories make me feel very lucky.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

20 May 2016, 14:09

You never had a bad experience with the post office?... You mean to tell me your local post officers are competent?! WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!?!

adhoc

20 May 2016, 14:57

Well, only one time, when a Topre PBT space bar I ordered was lost, but I'm not entirely sure the sender even sent it, since no tracking number was provided. But that's literally the only bad thing I have to say and I've sent/received packages worldwide for like...8 years now? Possibly more.

I'm probably just very lucky?

esoomenona

20 May 2016, 19:47

Being near or being surrounded by good post offices makes a world of difference, I think. Where I used to live, the routing of offices to me, as well as my local post office, were amazing. I never had a problem. I moved a stone's throw away, and that changed my routing and local post office, and the number of problems I've encountered since have been crazy. So, for someone who has never moved or doesn't ever pay attention to these kinds of things or never happens to ship to someone in such a predicament, yes, I'd say luck plays a big factor.

Anywho, I'm still in the predicament that webwit describes, trying to determine whether I want to spend that amount for stickers.

cookie

21 May 2016, 12:14

I will try to package them as good as possible to keep the weight under 20 gram, at this point I sadly have to charge more for shipping :( The cardboard Idea is great, I will do it that way.

Its the last Day of GB! So don't forget to place an order via PM if you are interested :)

Muirium
µ

21 May 2016, 12:21

Card is a proven technique. I've safely received flat things like stickers sandwiched between it several times. Unprotected things: still waiting for the first success!

cookie

21 May 2016, 20:19

good that you've mentioned it, I planned to just drop it inside an envelope :O

You have probably saved me and other people a lot of trouble!

cookie

22 May 2016, 08:53

Alright! Thank you very much for your interest, the GB is closing now :)

Proto13

22 May 2016, 17:23

Will there be any more left spots? Or leftover sales?
I've seen this thread too late :( And interested in buying type-s and hhkb red & yellows.

cookie

22 May 2016, 17:57

Payment Information are sent via PM.

Muirium
µ

22 May 2016, 18:19

Paid.

Sayso

22 May 2016, 19:41

Paid 8-)

cookie

22 May 2016, 20:02

Participants updated

Topre Enthusiast

23 May 2016, 10:39

I've made payment. Thanks for organising this one, cookie.

cookie

23 May 2016, 10:54

I am glad you guys are so "in time" with payment. Highly appreciate it!
Of course I will keep you updated about the progress, and ship as fast as possible!

Muirium
µ

23 May 2016, 11:01

You're welcome, Cookie. One thing you can always be sure about HHKB owners: we're classy motherfuckers. Pleasure doing business!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

23 May 2016, 11:25

Many thanks cookie :D

JPsurfer

23 May 2016, 23:41

Muirium wrote: One thing you can always be sure about HHKB owners: we're classy motherfuckers.
Awwww yeaaaaaaa. Spoken like a true gentleman.

Thanks for doing this, Cookie! 8-)

cookie

23 May 2016, 23:52

I can confirm HHKB user equals lightspeed payment!
It just goes way to smooth for my taste, I bet PP will screw me over at one point :(

Well then, I've updated the participants so far and look what I got today!
A picture of the stickers :)
Attachments
stickers.jpg
stickers.jpg (50.43 KiB) Viewed 4408 times

photekq
Cherry Picker

24 May 2016, 01:27

Yeah, I really can't thank you enough for these cookie. I've drooled over them ever since seeing them posted on kbdmania. Must've been 1 or 2 years ago!

webwit
Wild Duck

24 May 2016, 01:33

Haha, I got some but I'm still not convinced. HHKB is minimalist, this might be too much, especially on the black one where I very much like the subliminal black logo. Will my HHKBs stand the bling?

lot_lizard

24 May 2016, 01:47

Muirium wrote: One thing you can always be sure about HHKB owners: we're classy motherfuckers. Pleasure doing business!
This cracked me up
webwit wrote: Haha, I got some but I'm still not convinced. HHKB is minimalist, this might be too much, especially on the black one where I very much like the subliminal black logo. Will my HHKBs stand the bling?
I have already started shopping for a new mouse to compliment. What do you think?
Spoiler:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (47.61 KiB) Viewed 4380 times
tougher to find "gold" diamonds than I would have thought...

cookie

24 May 2016, 03:18

Well these stickers might be a little bit harsh on the black one, I personally like that high contrast but I will try to check out if it is possible to produce black glossy or some sort of titanium in the future.

lot_lizard

24 May 2016, 03:30

They are perfect (in photos)... Really. Just idle banter (at least from me)

adhoc

24 May 2016, 10:41

I just realized this thread is basically a bunch of grown ass men getting excited over shiny stickers.

Return to “Group buys”