Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

7bit

05 Jun 2013, 22:33

JaccoW wrote:7bit, could you tell me what the status is of #0656‏? I want to get my hands on some sexy Noir on my white keyboard and shoot some pictures of it. :mrgreen:
The package with the replacements is on the way to me. Until it did not arrive, I will not ship Retro stuff with symbols, Retro stuff without the * numpad key and Noir stuff.

It seems I've forgotten to add Z to all SPH/DE kits, BTW. I will ship the missing keys as soon as possible.

BimboBB

05 Jun 2013, 22:41

pls add the Z also to the SPH/DE sets which you didnt shipped yet. ;)

btw, cool avatar....you deserve it! :)

JaccoW

06 Jun 2013, 00:09

7bit wrote:
JaccoW wrote:7bit, could you tell me what the status is of #0656‏? I want to get my hands on some sexy Noir on my white keyboard and shoot some pictures of it. :mrgreen:
The package with the replacements is on the way to me. Until it did not arrive, I will not ship Retro stuff with symbols, Retro stuff without the * numpad key and Noir stuff.

It seems I've forgotten to add Z to all SPH/DE kits, BTW. I will ship the missing keys as soon as possible.
Ah, missed that part about Noir. I guess I can wait a bit more. ;)

regack

06 Jun 2013, 01:36

#707 Arrived safely to the US, thanks 7bit!!

jabar

06 Jun 2013, 03:38

#767 arrived today!

I used R4 to populate my G80-2100HDD keyboard and I have a few observations.

First, the real high profile (Row1) keycaps are a bit difficult to work with. It seems that there is a slight rotation of the cap relative to the shaft, although I'm not entirely sure if that is due to clearance in the cruciform by SP, or if I don't have them on correctly. Row3 keycaps were the easiest to apply, given that they are symmetric. Some, like my R and P, managed to seat lower than the rest so there is a subtle but noticeable variance in keycap heights.

Second, for the G80-2100, I wish the color profiles matched better. The left-side F1 - F10 keys are not programmable but the F1 - F24 R4 caps are colored to fit in the programmable section. I see that the original design followed the Sun function design. I wish I ordered the FUNCTION set so I would have more flexibility here.

Still the whole set is really cool and SA profile keycaps are non-existant. Thank you very much 7bit for this neat set & all the time and hassles that went into it! I will continue playing with the keycaps to get everything as level as possible (frightening considering most of the G80-2100 is PCB mounted). A 2100 plate GB anyone?

Also, 7bit, I didn't see the Scroll lock cluster in my bags. Is it possible for me to purchase those from you instead?

Holy-shit-terrible-before-after-photos:

hsu

06 Jun 2013, 03:50

Nice, it looked very good before too.

Isn't anyone else considering painting their keyboard blue or gray to match???

JSchool

06 Jun 2013, 04:13

I will probably paint gray once I learn how to properly paint plastic. I don't want some finish that will just rub off. I'm curious whether a dye would work best since the keyboard is already white.

dirge

06 Jun 2013, 09:55

I used high heel spray on my gh60

It's a plastic material, strange stuff, don't see it scratching or wearing through easy.

Buffo

06 Jun 2013, 12:34

What is "high heel spray"? Do you have a link for me? I'am interested in painting my keyboard case, too.

7bit

06 Jun 2013, 12:50

jabar wrote:#767 arrived today!

I used R4 to populate my G80-2100HDD keyboard and I have a few observations.

First, the real high profile (Row1) keycaps are a bit difficult to work with. It seems that there is a slight rotation of the cap relative to the shaft, although I'm not entirely sure if that is due to clearance in the cruciform by SP, or if I don't have them on correctly. Row3 keycaps were the easiest to apply, given that they are symmetric. Some, like my R and P, managed to seat lower than the rest so there is a subtle but noticeable variance in keycap heights.

Second, for the G80-2100, I wish the color profiles matched better. The left-side F1 - F10 keys are not programmable but the F1 - F24 R4 caps are colored to fit in the programmable section. I see that the original design followed the Sun function design. I wish I ordered the FUNCTION set so I would have more flexibility here.

Still the whole set is really cool and SA profile keycaps are non-existant. Thank you very much 7bit for this neat set & all the time and hassles that went into it! I will continue playing with the keycaps to get everything as level as possible (frightening considering most of the G80-2100 is PCB mounted). A 2100 plate GB anyone?

Also, 7bit, I didn't see the Scroll lock cluster in my bags. Is it possible for me to purchase those from you instead?

Holy-shit-terrible-before-after-photos:
I did check mine and could not find any of these issues. Sometimes the keys must be pressed down with some force to get them in.

The Scroll lock cluster was not part of the TERMINAL kit. I must take a look if I have these, but somehow doubt this. Maybe, someone does not need these.

dirge

06 Jun 2013, 13:12

Gilgam

06 Jun 2013, 13:42

I got my big package today !
Nice :-)

First i want to really thank 7bit for this group buy:-)

I checked the fr kits which is way better than the round 3, no more mistakes by SP
The Bépo though has no mistakes but weird letter layout on the keycap. I still think SP needs a designer. But it' looks Pics to come :-)

Findecanor

06 Jun 2013, 14:18

hsu wrote:Isn't anyone else considering painting their keyboard blue or gray to match???
If you are going for the Symbolics "Space Cadet" look (which I am sure that 7bit did...), then off-white is the authentic case colour.

Another classic vintage look that I like, is when the keys are inside a grey rectangle, and the case being white outside that rectangle. That wouldn't work that well with a Cherry case, though, because of the sloping front.

Minskleip

06 Jun 2013, 18:21

How many SHIFT keycaps should there be in SPH/STANDARD?

7bit

06 Jun 2013, 18:51

Minskleip wrote:How many SHIFT keycaps should there be in SPH/STANDARD?
There is no SHIFT key in any spherical kit!
:mad:

All there is are various sizes of SHIF T keys, all for row 3:

1.25, 1.75, 2 and 2.5 units.

The graphic lists 2 2 unit SHIF T keys, but that is becuase I had forgotten to remove the 2nd one as it is redundant. Normally (DCS family) there is a 2.25 units SHIF T key, missing in the SA-family.

Minskleip

06 Jun 2013, 18:54

7bit wrote:
Minskleip wrote:How many SHIFT keycaps should there be in SPH/STANDARD?
There is no SHIFT key in any spherical kit!
:mad:

All there is are various sizes of SHIF T keys, all for row 3:

1.25, 1.75, 2 and 2.5 units.

The graphic lists 2 2 unit SHIF T keys, but that is becuase I had forgotten to remove the 2nd one as it is redundant. Normally (DCS family) there is a 2.25 units SHIF T key, missing in the SA-family.
Ah yes, I didn't notice the SHIF T :lol: Then I have the correct number too!

blighty

06 Jun 2013, 22:03

worth the wait
worth the wait
sphduck.jpg (101.46 KiB) Viewed 4797 times
The SPH keys were so worth the wait. Thanks!

7bit

06 Jun 2013, 22:13

Your photo exagerates the 1/8-unit gaps of the SHIF T keys so much, that it is obvious that someone really has to run another spherical group buy and let them make both tools for the SHIF T keys.

hsu

07 Jun 2013, 02:01

Did anyone try O-rings on the sphericals?

Netdewt

07 Jun 2013, 05:17

Status of #0605? It's marked packed a few weeks ago.

jabar

07 Jun 2013, 05:27

7bit wrote:The Scroll lock cluster was not part of the TERMINAL kit. I must take a look if I have these, but somehow doubt this. Maybe, someone does not need these.
Yeah, I asked earlier in the thread before my order shipped about getting that cluster. Wasn't sure if you didn't have those extras.

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

07 Jun 2013, 06:19

Destined for work use ... Doh \ | is upside down. Hangs head in shame....
Attachments
IMG_20130606_230633.jpg
IMG_20130606_230633.jpg (594.4 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
Last edited by Game Theory on 07 Jun 2013, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

hsu

07 Jun 2013, 06:25

I wish you guys hadn't said anything anything about the shift, I can't look anywhere else now..

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

07 Jun 2013, 06:28

I kinda look at the SHIF T as a retro thing or that is what I am going to tell myself:) Very happy.

hsu

07 Jun 2013, 06:57

Oh I aggree that the wrong typography will become a "thing" of our little circle, and I'll get used to it :) I mean the spaces... the black holes that leave you shift floating in space alone

Kurk

07 Jun 2013, 08:13

hsu wrote:Did anyone try O-rings on the sphericals?
You'd have to stack like 3 or 4 rings because the stem mounts are soooooooo long.

BimboBB

07 Jun 2013, 09:51

hsu wrote:Oh I aggree that the wrong typography will become a "thing" of our little circle, and I'll get used to it :) I mean the spaces... the black holes that leave you shift floating in space alone
Put it on a G80-1800 ISO....problem solved.
Or make a Phantom/Custom board with short left shift, 1.75 right shift and either ISO return or shorter ANSI return....problem solved. :)

7bit

07 Jun 2013, 10:25

Before Round 4, sphericals seemd to be impossible because of those many missing key sizes, especially space bars. Now, there are still a few gaps but I think we can close these in the next spherical group buy.

Buffo

07 Jun 2013, 12:58

Ahoi!

You are doing a great job! The spherical keys are quite looking good. Maybe something for me in Round5 :geek:

Has the extra box from SP arrived yet?

Gilgam

07 Jun 2013, 13:36

First try .
Bépo beauty ...
Bépo on custom case
Bépo on custom case
DSCF3827_red.JPG (336.71 KiB) Viewed 4830 times
But unfortunately SP still doesn't want to place the upper signs on left even if there is only two...
FR azerty kit Spherical GB4
FR azerty kit Spherical GB4
DSCF3812_cor.JPG (295.21 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
The FR azerty kit is way better. With one more keycap µ/* .

Return to “Group buys”