Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

7bit

04 Jul 2013, 20:48

tjcaustin wrote:No 737 still?
bot@localhost:~> more adr/*737.val
adr/*737.val: No such file or directory
bot@localhost:o>

Maybe you should submit your address to 7bit_R4:

ADDRESS
your address

;-)

xauser

04 Jul 2013, 21:03

Thank you 7bit
Attachments
round4.jpg
round4.jpg (83.44 KiB) Viewed 4318 times

Muirium
µ

04 Jul 2013, 21:07

Okay, so I'm new to IBMs and this may be a dumb question. But is that light keyboard buckling spring (Model M or F) and are those 7bit caps!?

Even if it's just Cherry MX in IBM clothing, it's still a sterling match for those classic caps!

xauser

04 Jul 2013, 21:16

It's a Cherry G80-2100HDD with 7bit caps.

mashby

04 Jul 2013, 21:18

Xauser -- and it looks amazing. What a nice collection.

7bit

04 Jul 2013, 21:46

You should use the sphericals on the Tipro. Or just use a 1.5 units 7bit space bar.

forenleser0815

04 Jul 2013, 22:36

@Xauser
Maybe it's just the picture but the Commodore C= looks damn thick, is it a filco keyboard?
Any chance for another keyboard picture?

But a thick C= looks sometimes realy good ;)

@ 7bit
any chance that i get my order before i have birthday again (09.July) Order: #0097 ?
LOL
I doesn't realize that my order number is my birthday :)

Zehkul

04 Jul 2013, 23:07

7bit, just how German are you? I almost lost it just sorting through the keys I ordered, and I’m just halfway through, lol.

Got a few strange keys too many in the alphaneo set, didn’t bother checking the standard kit, just too many strange keys I’ll never need, lol.
http://i.imgur.com/ayx43G8.jpg
Quick potato³ pic, will sort through the rest tomorrow. 7bit, you’re a hero!

7bit

04 Jul 2013, 23:26

Zehkul wrote:7bit, just how German are you? I almost lost it just sorting through the keys I ordered, and I’m just halfway through, lol.

Got a few strange keys too many in the alphaneo set, didn’t bother checking the standard kit, just too many strange keys I’ll never need, lol.
http://i.imgur.com/ayx43G8.jpg
Quick potato³ pic, will sort through the rest tomorrow. 7bit, you’re a hero!
Keyboard and key caps look dirty!
:mad:

ALL keys in NEO are strange!

Please submit any wrong/missing keys to 7bit_R4:

MISSING
list of missing keys

Thanks!
:-)
forenleser0815 wrote:...

@ 7bit
any chance that i get my order before i have birthday again (09.July) Order: #0097 ?
LOL
I doesn't realize that my order number is my birthday :)
I try my best to find the bag or package with the 0097 on it.

I'vce still one box with the orders packed into plastic bags and 2 other boxes with orders packed into shipping bags, but with missing address or customs stickers.

Zehkul

04 Jul 2013, 23:29

yeah, still wanting to clean it, don’t want to do it today though. ^^

the strange keycaps in alphaneo that don’t really belong there: ;` :~ \| and an additional z. But nothing missing so far!

7bit

04 Jul 2013, 23:34

Zehkul wrote:yeah, still wanting to clean it, don’t want to do it today though. ^^

the strange keycaps in alphaneo that don’t really belong there: ;` :~ \| and an additional z. But nothing missing so far!
These 3 are part of any ALPHA kit. Only the alnum block is changed with the special layout. The additional keys stay in the kit.

I must pretend that ;` and :~ are from 7BIT-layout ( :oops: ) and \| is for US-ISO layouts (and 7BIT-layout for 122 key keyboards).

The additional Z seems to be a mistake, but if nobody is missing one, just keep it.
:o

hsu

05 Jul 2013, 03:26

For some reason, on the Leopold with SPH keycap, when I click on the left side of the space, it pops out, like this:

Any idea how to improve this?

7bit

05 Jul 2013, 09:07

hsu wrote:For some reason, on the Leopold with SPH keycap, when I click on the left side of the space, it pops out, like this:
Old, well-known trick: Use some plastic from the plastic bags which came with the kits to make sure the stabilisers fit better. The non-Cherry stabiliser mounts are a bit too thin.
hsu wrote:Any idea how to improve this?
Get a better camera!
:evilgeek:

BimboBB

05 Jul 2013, 09:39

is there anything wrong with order #350? missing address or something? it just doesnt appear on any list sofar. thx.

7bit

05 Jul 2013, 09:42

Nothing wrong. When I searched for order 0097 yesterday, I had the bag in my hands 2 times.
:o

damorgue

05 Jul 2013, 10:17

hsu wrote:For some reason, on the Leopold with SPH keycap, when I click on the left side of the space, it pops out, like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/197 ... 0space.jpg

Any idea how to improve this?
Use a piece of tape or cellophane wrap on the stem to make it fit tighter perhaps?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jul 2013, 10:39

forenleser0815 wrote: But a thick C= looks sometimes realy good ;)
we need a header image for that

edit: there you have it :P
c64.jpg
c64.jpg (18.46 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
Last edited by matt3o on 05 Jul 2013, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

05 Jul 2013, 10:49

120391 commgirl.jpg
257450 c64.png

You managed to make a cropped image more than twice the file size of the original!
:mad:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jul 2013, 10:55

it's png dude

here. jpg with so much less booby detail

7bit

05 Jul 2013, 11:12

Commodore logo painted on a naked girl, would give 100% booby detail!
:evilgeek:

SeNte

05 Jul 2013, 11:21

Hi 7bit,

I'd like to order a 6.25unit Spacebar from the Retro set.

I forgot to add it when I ordered my TKL kit. You told me some weeks ago it will be possible.
Can I add it to any list or something? When it will be possible to get it?
Thanks in advance :)

7bit

05 Jul 2013, 11:31

There is no such list. I'm quite sure there will be something left, but first I've got to see if there is no space bar missing.

SeNte

05 Jul 2013, 12:19

Ok, thanks,

So I will try to follow this thread. I don't want to miss it, now it's looking horrible with a black spacebar :D

hsu

05 Jul 2013, 14:17

t!ng wrote:Any chances there will be more SPH kits in the future? And chances that they fix the short Return and Shifts?
+1 on that, to have a flawless keyboard :)

Zehkul

05 Jul 2013, 16:05

Ok, I went through everything, surprisingly few mistakes, surprisingly good looking, nothing missing!

A few things:
-Wrong profile on numblock + ?
http://i.imgur.com/JwkdOzs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lt26Tsh.jpg
stands out quite a bit. (How do you get your keyboard dust free? Magic I can’t do)
-and:
http://i.imgur.com/Dvcl86e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/viFFn86.jpg
SP pls .___. That’s actually quite annoying.

Apart from that: Thanks for the 3 additional and completely useless top row 1.25 commodore keys. ^^ Are there even keyboards on which you can put those?
noir/lotus100 seems to be the wrong row, but I couldn’t care less.

Small alignment issues all around (e.g. Lotus versus tuxmod as seen in my last picture), but nothing too serious. Reported everything mentioned here to the bot.
Last edited by Zehkul on 05 Jul 2013, 16:33, edited 2 times in total.

Muirium
µ

05 Jul 2013, 16:25

xauser wrote:It's a Cherry G80-2100HDD with 7bit caps.
You live, you learn. I must agree with Mashby: it's a stunner with those caps.

7bit

05 Jul 2013, 16:30

:cry:

I've ordered 38 row 3 vertical 2 units + keys ...

:cry:

I didn't see that thing with the Ö. I believe it is only that way in NEO layout.

Only the 1.25 units Commodore Escape keys are my own creation. I'm quite sure one day you will find a keyboard for these.
NOIR/LOTUS100 is row 4.

BimboBB

05 Jul 2013, 17:02

On the sample picture from SP you can see that there are two Ö's, one is correct and one is out of place. Thanks god I dont use Neo layout. :P

But in general SP seems to have a problem with "umlauts". On the spherical set they are a bit misplaced as well. :roll:

7bit

05 Jul 2013, 17:18

Does anybody know if the same s*t happened with RETRO and ROUND3?

I don't have any unpacked RETRO kit with numpad left and my ROUND3/TERMINAL kits do not contain the 2 units +.
:roll:

Dezeer

05 Jul 2013, 18:25

Sorry to bother you 7bit, but as everybody else is also asking for their orders. What about order 0058? Is it still in packaging state?

Return to “Group buys”