Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

7bit

25 Oct 2011, 16:33

Gilgam wrote:...
What is the less expensive ?
but the more standard there is the less expensive it will be...
Ah cruel dilemnne !

you can PM me both prices ?
Thanks
Done.
But you could have looked them up in the wiki.
:roll:

7bit

25 Oct 2011, 19:11

NOIR/STANDARD
NOIR/SPACE
Last edited by 7bit on 25 Oct 2011, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

nathanscribe

25 Oct 2011, 19:57

Quick question: what black was used in the Round 3 kits, and does this black match it?

7bit

25 Oct 2011, 20:00

nathanscribe wrote:Quick question: what black was used in the Round 3 kits, and does this black match it?
Round 3 is GX very dark grey and RETRO/BLACK is real NN black.

Here come more colorful versions:

I'm not sure how to call these 2 RGBY kits.

This one looks much better:
RETRO/STANDARD
RETROGAMER
RETRO/RGBY
RETRO/SPACE

I think, the best way is it to split RETRO and RETRO/*/BLACK into 2 separate styles.

mintberryminuscrunch

25 Oct 2011, 20:17

7bit wrote: I'm not sure how to call these 2 RGBY kits.
RGBYY?

7bit

25 Oct 2011, 21:04

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
7bit wrote: I'm not sure how to call these 2 RGBY kits.
RGBYY?
No, but thanks! I've found a better way!

The RETRO/*/BLACK kits are now NOIR style kits.

What was RETRO/TKL/BLACK is now NOIR/TKL.

7bit

25 Oct 2011, 21:05

NOIR/STANDARD
NOIR/RGBY/WHITE
NOIR/SPACE

RETRO/STANDARD
RETRO/RGBY/WHITE
RETRO/GAMER/ORANGE
RETRO/SPACE
:evil:

lal

25 Oct 2011, 22:55

7bit, congratulations. I think creating those graphic representations was a very good idea. Makes things so much clearer.

I'm assuming the space bar will be that new Filco/Leopold-compatible creation? Why not include it in the standard/tkl kits by default? I'd think there aren't that many people that *don't* want a space bar, no?

7bit

25 Oct 2011, 23:10

lal wrote:7bit, congratulations. I think creating those graphic representations was a very good idea. Makes things so much clearer.

I'm assuming the space bar will be that new Filco/Leopold-compatible creation? Why not include it in the standard/tkl kits by default? I'd think there aren't that many people that *don't* want a space bar, no?
If it really comes true (I want to see if it really fits!) I will include it to the STANDARD and TENKLESS kits. The TERMINAL kit will get the 7 units space bar.

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Oct 2011, 00:38

Now I know why the Koreans ended up with such "colorful" keyboards. You start with an escape key. Then you proceed with RGB keys. Then RGBY. Plus WASD. Plus colored legends for all the other keys. :mrgreen:

Someone should start a group buy for the pointing fingers as cursor keys.

ripster

26 Oct 2011, 01:04

Anybody notice that The Keyboard Company coasters are kinda obscene when turned upside down?

7bit

26 Oct 2011, 08:36

webwit wrote:Now I know why the Koreans ended up with such "colorful" keyboards. You start with an escape key. Then you proceed with RGB keys. Then RGBY. Plus WASD. Plus colored legends for all the other keys. :mrgreen:

Someone should start a group buy for the pointing fingers as cursor keys.
These are already in my plan ...

woody
Count Troller

26 Oct 2011, 11:39

ripster wrote:Anybody notice that The Keyboard Company coasters are kinda obscene when turned upside down?
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?1690 ... post327473

laggy-gaga

26 Oct 2011, 14:07

any choice for light blue on white?
and

7bit

26 Oct 2011, 14:26

laggy-gaga wrote:any choice for light blue on white?
and
and?

Take RETRO/STANDARD or RETRO/TENKLESS and don't forget the RETRO/SPACE.

7bit

26 Oct 2011, 19:29

Not too bad, but this group buy still needs more orders:
ROUND3/STANDARD...............8
ROUND3/TENKLESS...............3
ROUND3/TERMINAL...............2
ROUND3/TKL....................3
All variants together are 16, 9 more and it will happen.

RETRO/BLANKTKL................2

RETRO/STANDARD...............16
RETRO/TENKLESS...............10
RETRO/TKL.....................4
All variants together are 30, which is really great, but not enough!

NOIR/BLANKTKL.................1

NOIR/STANDARD................13
NOIR/TENKLESS.................6
NOIR/TKL......................1
All variants together are 20, 5 more and it will happen.

DARK/STANDARD.................1
DARK/TENKLESS.................2
Maybe Otaku stuff isn't 'in' anymore ...

DARK/STANDARD/ORANGE..........8
DARK/TENKLESS/ORANGE..........1
Not too bad, but this really needs more orders not to be canceled!

Minskleip

26 Oct 2011, 20:58

Group buy for spacecadet style dual width keys if r4 doesn't go as planned? That would be cool.

7bit

26 Oct 2011, 21:05

Minskleip wrote:Group buy for spacecadet style dual width keys if r4 doesn't go as planned? That would be cool.
Could happen;-)
Might be expensive for us few, but we can throw out everything what we don't need.

Minskleip

26 Oct 2011, 21:30

Coolio :D

Made an order for dark standard orange.

lal

26 Oct 2011, 22:52

7bit wrote:[...]
All variants together are 16, 9 more and it will happen.
[...]
Keep in mind that there are probably quite a few people like me with very limited spare time that don't bother figuring out the rules of the game until it's at least kind of final...

7bit

26 Oct 2011, 22:56

lal wrote:Keep in mind that there are probably quite a few people like me with very limited spare time that don't bother figuring out the rules of the game until it's at least kind of final...
Meaning: 100s of people will suddenly order when I say "orders closed in an hour"?
:o

Ascaii
The Beard

26 Oct 2011, 23:14

im one of the ones waiting. im bad. worse, im broke^^. Once I finish my DS group buy and have some cash in ill make my order.

7bit

26 Oct 2011, 23:17

Ascaii wrote:im one of the ones waiting. im bad. worse, im broke^^. Once I finish my DS group buy and have some cash in ill make my order.
What do you mean "finish my DS group buy"?

This is THE group buy! There aint no others, so you better finish it now and order some stuff!

Ascaii
The Beard

26 Oct 2011, 23:19

if all goes well I get the pallet monday and can start stripping the caps off 120 vintage boards and sending invoices to people.

lal

26 Oct 2011, 23:21

7bit wrote:Meaning: 100s of people will suddenly order when I say "orders closed in an hour"?
:o
Maybe? I foresee at least a doubling in orders compared to now at the time when there's a definite deadline a couple of weeks ahead.

lal

26 Oct 2011, 23:46

FYI, currently the whole thing looks quite uncertain to me, with a chance of ever happening of maybe 30 percent. It's totally unclear who will do the distribution, let alone the sorting. The horror stories the owner of that other forum told about his experience in key sorting won't help finding volunteers. The recent reduction of kits and complexity is good, but the tiny tiny vertical browser scroll bar when viewing the GB4 wiki is still quite demotivating. Many people don't want to work through all of it unless they absolutely must to be either in or out.

7bit

27 Oct 2011, 08:32

lal wrote:...
What do you mean "horror stories"?

I don;t understand. Do you've got a link?
lal wrote:The recent reduction of kits and complexity is good, but the tiny tiny vertical browser scroll bar when viewing the GB4 wiki is still quite demotivating.
@webit: Can we make it larger?

JBert

27 Oct 2011, 11:46

7bit wrote:
lal wrote:The recent reduction of kits and complexity is good, but the tiny tiny vertical browser scroll bar when viewing the GB4 wiki is still quite demotivating.
@webit: Can we make it larger?
As always, I'd start with thumb-nailing all the pictures in there (make it about 400px high). After that you might want to ditch all those language-specific sub-sections and just talk about the "J-enter, x wide" info in the picture's label.

sinis

27 Oct 2011, 11:48

I am laughing so hard about grown up people complaining the scroll bar is too small, being demotivating. lmao

pederlol

27 Oct 2011, 11:55

Just a small thing: In the DE, NO and SE layouts, shouldn't L-shaped return be included (cololured red)? And there's no picture for the Danish layout.

Looking so much forward to this groupbuy! Thanks :)

Return to “Group buys”