There's alot of vintage Cherry doubleshot ABS keycaps available in the German ISO-DE layout. The great majority of these keycap sets is in a winkeyless layout with a 7U space bar and a stepped caps lock. This makes it very difficult to find nice modern keyboards to put those sweet keycaps on.
Creating an essentials "Moogle" or adapter kit to fit these commonly available "HAD" keycap sets on the common modern 105-key layout keyboards (Filco, Ducky etc.) and adding a few extra caps for other popular layouts. On top of that, I would like to add three ANSI adapter keys (ANSI-Enter, German \|-key, ANSI-LShift) to allow aesthetic use of ISO-DE keycaps on an ANSI keyboard layout.
Most of your questions regarding the kit content and design will probably be answered in the IC thread:
- HADapter Kit (Prices in brackets are in case we hit 250pc)
- 22€ (19€) for Group Buy pre-orders <= This is currently my projected cost including packaging
- 23,50€ (20,50€) for orders after finaly production planniung (Leftover stage)
- 25€ (22€) for sets bought from me once in stock (Retail stage)
HADditionals Kit (Prices in brackets are in case we hit 250pc):
- 10€(9€) for Group Buy pre-orders <= This is currently my projected cost including packaging
- 11€(10€) for orders after finaly production planniung (Leftover stage)
- 12€(11€) for sets bought from me once in stock (Retail stage)
I give you all my word that the GB pre-order price is the best price I will ever sell these sets for. Once the GB phase is over, this price will never be available again.
I will be sending all international orders below 100€ value for 6€ shipping costs flat tracked & insured.
German orders can be sent for 4,50€ tracked & insured.
Uninsured & untracked shipping is available upon request only in conjunction with SEPA payment. (3,50€ international/2€ Germany)
Orders with a value of over 100€ will receive a custom shipping quote. If your order is over 100€ OR you picked this shipping option in the order form, I will present a custom shipping quote in the invoice using DHL.
- Pay GMK for the first 150 making sure THIS DROP WILL HAPPEN <=== DONE ! Proof below. Two fellow community members also received the confirmation mail from GMK and are hopefully kind enough to confirm here
- Taking GROUP BUY orders for ~4 weeks IT'S OVER until GMK must know the final production numbers. Until then it is still possible to order ANY amount of kits and order at a price that is basically unit cost + 19% German VAT.
- =>SOON! Stay tuned: Leftover stage! No matter how many kits were ordered during the Group Buy stage, I will order a lot of extra kits at GMK. These kits are a little more expensive now since quantities are limited now.
- Last stage: Retail stage! The production is scheduled for ~8 weeks from now (since I already paid to secure a production slot) so I expect the keycaps to be ready for PICKUP by mid-end of August. I will personally drive to GMK and pick them up resulting in 0,- shipping cost on that side being factored into the kit prices. I will even ask if I can take my GoPro on a tour through their facilities. Once I sell these kits from stock the price has finally reached "retail price".
- I plan to offer paypal as a payment method along with SEPA. All paypal participants during the GROUP BUY and LEFTOVER stage will be invoiced for a SERVICE. Paypal is very unhappy if I am selling items that haven't been made yet and will not be made for another 8 weeks or so.
- Three new molds are featured in the GB will be added to the GMK tools for future GBs. The 1.25 R4 diamond modifier key, the 1.5 R2 #' key and the 1u R1 DT key. GMK took over ALL THE TOOLING cost and charged these new keys like existing molds. HELL YEAH!
Big thanks to community member matt3o for providing the artwork for the diamond AND the DT keycap! He let me use the artwork he was using for his legendary GRANITE keycaps. You're also designing GMK keycaps now.
- There are no giveaways or freebies. I don't have a margin for that and do this for personal reasons and for fun. Remind me of that in a few weeks ...
- Orders will be shipped FIFO (first in, first out)
- This GB will happen 100%. In fact it already happened and the MOQ of 150 sets for each kit has already BEEN PAID FOR. Production date will be set any day now. I want to use the time we're waiting for production to collect orders instead of collect orders first and THEN wait idle. The sooner you order the better the price!
- It doesn't make sense to ask for additional keys or changes to the layout because it's done already. Ship has sailed. Der Drop ist gelutscht. So please save your energy for the next round.
- All international orders will be declared with the obvious and objective value of the content to anyone not into keyboards. I hope you all catch my drift here
Payment confirmation from GMK:
=========================Leftovers form available soon==========================================
The leftover form will open on Fri, 19th August 2016 at noon sharp Central European Summer Time. Limited quantities!