Phantom Custom Keyboard Group Buy (CLOSED)

User avatar
agor

08 Oct 2012, 14:22

I can take a picture of my Noppoo Choc this evening if you want. This made things clear for me.

User avatar
The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

08 Oct 2012, 22:45

...Goes to check G81 stabilizer baggie...I found 2 of what you are talking about

Image

User avatar
Half-Saint

08 Oct 2012, 23:24

Definitely different. Thanks for clearing that up.

User avatar
The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

08 Oct 2012, 23:27

They may still work, but I think they are only used for the spacebar stabilizer in some G81 models. That makes them impractical to obtain a full set for a keyboard, unless you gut piles of G81's.

User avatar
Half-Saint

09 Oct 2012, 09:44

The_Ed wrote:They may still work, but I think they are only used for the spacebar stabilizer in some G81 models. That makes them impractical to obtain a full set for a keyboard, unless you gut piles of G81's.
Which is what I did lol :D

I messed up and put hoggy's switches onto my plate. What's the easiest way of removing them without scratching the plate?

Cheers

Never mind, I did it already using a very thin letter opener :)

User avatar
7bit

29 Nov 2012, 10:04

Hope everybody got their stuff.

Please post here or pm me if not.

I'vce got a few leftover plates and PCBs. I will make an inventory and post the result today.

Pby

29 Nov 2012, 12:22

Please do tell if you have a PHANSI. Would like one along with a PCB :o

User avatar
7bit

29 Nov 2012, 12:29

Pby wrote:Please do tell if you have a PHANSI. Would like one along with a PCB :o
I only have PHANSIWIN (3 keys to the left, 4 to the right and in the middle a 6.25 units space bar).

User avatar
rindorbrot

29 Nov 2012, 15:55

Do you have a complete kit for a phiso left?

User avatar
7bit

29 Nov 2012, 16:02

rindorbrot wrote:Do you have a complete kit for a phiso left?
No.

What I have left is:

1x PHANSIWIN
2x PHANSIWIN without LED-holes and for platemountable stabilisers (don't ask me which).

No PCBs or Teensys. I've got some Teensy legs and a few stabiliser wires, but no stabliser inserts or mounts.

I might sell a PCB + 7BIT-plate + diodes + switches + a teensy if I get a good offer.

User avatar
dirge

29 Nov 2012, 16:05

7bit wrote: I might sell a PCB + 7BIT-plate + diodes + switches + a teensy if I get a good offer.
A future classic! Will be more valued than the 356cl! Everyone should own one!

User avatar
litster

30 Nov 2012, 03:50

If you like your Phantom, please go to the links below to vote for Phantom for these Deskthority Awards:

Vote Phantom for best keyboard company or Brand

Vote Phantom for The Deskthority Award

Vote Phantom for Best Space-Saving Compact Keyboard

BiNiaRiS

30 Nov 2012, 06:51

7bit wrote:
rindorbrot wrote: 2x PHANSIWIN without LED-holes and for platemountable stabilisers (don't ask me which).
If those are the custom plates in which there was only 2 made, those are not for sale. I emailed you awhile about those. I just emailed you again to confirm.

User avatar
7bit

30 Nov 2012, 09:05

Sorry, didn't know that.

According to my data, these where 4 and should have been sent to someone else located in the US.

I've asked for those but can't remember any response. Nevertheless, I ship them to their owner.

:-)

BiNiaRiS

01 Dec 2012, 20:46

7bit wrote:Sorry, didn't know that.

According to my data, these where 4 and should have been sent to someone else located in the US.

I've asked for those but can't remember any response. Nevertheless, I ship them to their owner.

:-)
I just pm'd you his info. I emailed you on your phantom mbox email about this, i assume you stopped checking it. I should just PM you on here when i need you, haha.

User avatar
litster

07 Dec 2012, 04:41

Final round of Deskthority Awards voting has begun. If you like your Phantom, please go to the links below to vote for Phantom for these Deskthority Awards:

Vote Phantom for best keyboard company or Brand

Vote Phantom for The Deskthority Award

Vote Phantom for Best Space-Saving Compact Keyboard
PhantomPCBFront.jpg
PhantomPCBFront.jpg (779.69 KiB) Viewed 2142 times

User avatar
Half-Saint

07 Dec 2012, 08:08

Is it just me or is Phantom ANSI125 completely fubar?

bpiphany

07 Dec 2012, 14:32

Half-Saint wrote:Is it just me or is Phantom ANSI125 completely fubar?
I haven't heard about any problems? What seems to be the issue?..

Donbabbeo

08 Dec 2012, 13:42

7bit wrote:
rindorbrot wrote:Do you have a complete kit for a phiso left?
No.

What I have left is:

1x PHANSIWIN
2x PHANSIWIN without LED-holes and for platemountable stabilisers (don't ask me which).

No PCBs or Teensys. I've got some Teensy legs and a few stabiliser wires, but no stabliser inserts or mounts.

I might sell a PCB + 7BIT-plate + diodes + switches + a teensy if I get a good offer.
So no more PCB left? :(
At least i hope to see a lot of pictures of the phantom on the forum :D

TheProfosist

08 Dec 2012, 16:09

BiNiaRiS wrote:
7bit wrote:Sorry, didn't know that.

According to my data, these where 4 and should have been sent to someone else located in the US.

I've asked for those but can't remember any response. Nevertheless, I ship them to their owner.

:-)
I just pm'd you his info. I emailed you on your phantom mbox email about this, i assume you stopped checking it. I should just PM you on here when i need you, haha.
You guys talking about me? Interested in those plates or something?

User avatar
korne

09 Dec 2012, 13:04

I wan't to kill myself for not buying one of those phantoms when they were available.

Hopping for a 2nd group buy

I love that custom DIY proyects

Pby

09 Dec 2012, 13:36

I think theres a phantom v2 planned but until then :oops:

Donbabbeo

09 Dec 2012, 14:58

Same here, i hope for a phantom v2, there is some official info or are only rumors?

riffautae

13 Dec 2012, 00:23

I just finished building my board. Pics attached. I'll solder on the caps lock key when I get my key caps. I made ergo clear switches for the board.

My github has a tmk firmware modified for the 7bit layout. Check out the riff_layouts branch if you need a template.
Attachments
ergo_clear.JPG
ergo_clear.JPG (494.37 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
phantom_bottom.jpg
phantom_bottom.jpg (522.12 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
phantom_top.jpg
phantom_top.jpg (354.4 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
Last edited by riffautae on 17 Dec 2012, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
korne

14 Dec 2012, 12:50

riffautae looking fantastic.

Btw i know it gonna be hard, but if anyone have a phantom to sell im very interested

User avatar
CeeSA

14 Dec 2012, 15:09

korne wrote:riffautae looking fantastic.

Btw i know it gonna be hard, but if anyone have a phantom to sell im very interested

hmm, i really have to think about selling my unused parts:

PHANSI |mount plate ANSI
PHANTOM |Phantom PCB
TEENSY |Teensy controller

User avatar
jdcarpe

14 Dec 2012, 19:15

Phantom PCB (only) round 2 Interest Check is up at Geekhack. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38287.

User avatar
dirge

14 Dec 2012, 19:21

Could do with maybe the odd change? Smd controller? Or just a repeat?

User avatar
Half-Saint

14 Dec 2012, 19:44

Personally I hate how teensy is mounted but that's just me :P

User avatar
damorgue

14 Dec 2012, 20:09

It would probably require quite the redesign of the PCB and traces, but it would enable case designs to be thinner and less complex.

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”