Aluminum Cases for Cherry G80-3XXX boards

kinruan

23 Aug 2016, 02:47

Original thread on GH---->https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83701.0

Again after a long while, i am glad to announce that the final version of the GAC3494 aluminum cases for cherry G80-3XXX series keyboards are ready for the group buy. (more about AboStudio and GAC series, please check my gh account)

Product includes 3 parts, top cover, base, and plastic Translucent strip for LEDs. 6061 Aluminum for the major parts alone with plating coats. Top and bottom are fastened by well adjust screws. Colors available would most likely to be black, silver, and gun grey

The case would fit the following models(not limited to): Cherry G80-3000; G80-3494; G80-3496; G80-3484 etc as long as they have the same internal supporting structure. Open them up, take out the PCB, put it into the case, screw them together! simple as that. For Leeku PCB, I be honest don't know if it would fit or not, but as long as it fits the original cases, it should fit the GAC case

The design is final after multiple times of improvements(yes I intentionally skip a couple possible groupbuys in the past years for better quality), which means there won't be much defects

Order Here-----> https://goo.gl/forms/d5bxXHmwYf8625Hr2
No Deadline, try to hit the MOQ (actually there is, about half a year maybe)

MOQ is 50, regardless the same group buy in china I personally think totally we should meet about 20

For this groupbuy only, we are able to print your GH/DT or any preferred ID on the back tag + GH/DT logo on the left corner.

anyone, Please let me know who should i talk to about using the DT logo, thank you.

Price will be about 320$ each set (confirmed) price is final excluding shipping and handling

Current Orders: 3 Order list:

GH
Ipreferpie
Pliny
gandroider

DT

PM me as well for serious questions otherwise please just post here
Last edited by kinruan on 31 Aug 2016, 00:01, edited 4 times in total.

kinruan

23 Aug 2016, 02:48

Attention!The last silver one was an early sample, actual screw positions are shown as the black samples.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Aug 2016, 07:33

kinruan wrote: […] more about AboStudio and GAC series, please check my gh account […]
Just slightly more precise than "please check the Internet".
The case would fit the following models(not limited to): Cherry G80-3000; […] etc as long as they have the same internal supporting structure. Open them up, take out the PCB, put it into the case, screw them together! simple as that. […]
No. The case will fit only winkey models, i.e. basically those with lasered caps plus a few rare or exotic ones.
anyone, Please let me know who should i talk to about using the DT logo, thank you.
More about who owns the DT logo, please check DT (see my comment above).
Price will be about 320$ each set (confirmed) price is final excluding shipping and handling
320$ plus shipping and handling? No comment.
PM me as well for serious questions otherwise please just post here
Seems to disqualify anything posted here as not being serious.
Spoiler:
Signed: grumpy kbdfr :mrgreen:

Alkhar

23 Aug 2016, 12:30

Hello, i have a few questions :
Product includes 3 parts, top cover, base, and plastic Translucent strip for LEDs.

Can we have a pictures of this strip, where does it go ?
6061 Aluminum for the major parts alone with plating coats.
What are the other part made of then ? What is the height °of the keyboard ? What are the dimensions of the case ?
What is the wheight of the case ?
The case would fit the following models(not limited to): Cherry G80-3000; G80-3494; G80-3496; G80-3484 etc as long as they have the same internal supporting structure. Open them up, take out the PCB, put it into the case, screw them together! simple as that. For Leeku PCB, I be honest don't know if it would fit or not, but as long as it fits the original cases, it should fit the GAC case
Did you test the compatibility are just assume the pcb will fit ? At 320 $ it will be bad if we had to use a drill to make it fit. Will you make "winkey alu slot" to add a compatibility for the Winkeyless pcb ?
What do you mean by handling ?
MOQ is 50, regardless the same group buy in china I personally think totally we should meet about 20
Same GB right ?

A few questions about yourself :

Have you finished / delivered GB ? If yes which one ?

Thank you and have a nice day.

kinruan

23 Aug 2016, 19:05

Alkhar wrote: Can we have a pictures of this strip, where does it go ?
Alkhar wrote: What are the other part made of then ? What is the height °of the keyboard ? What are the dimensions of the case ?
What is the wheight of the case ?
I am waiting for the final sample as well, and i will ask for dimensions. other parts, if you mean the led strip it is made out of abs polymer.
Alkhar wrote: Did you test the compatibility are just assume the pcb will fit ? At 320 $ it will be bad if we had to use a drill to make it fit. Will you make "winkey alu slot" to add a compatibility for the Winkeyless pcb ?
It is designed to be fit most of the models, and as you can see from photos it is at least holding G80-3000 boards completely. Of course i would test more after getting the final sample.
For winkeyless pcb, that is an interesting question, i remember there are key blockers as a solution of winkeyless but not quite sure if they are still making it. I need to check on this. (for "they", i mean abostudio, i am the distributor, not manufacturer.
Alkhar wrote: What do you mean by handling ?
well, at least i need lots of packaging materials for such a heavy metal piece.
Alkhar wrote: Same GB right ?
yes they count all together. but i am handling everything overseas. The other guy do chinese market stuff.
Alkhar wrote: A few questions about yourself :

Have you finished / delivered GB ? If yes which one ?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46446.0 i have run 2 rounds of covers like that plus a aluminum number pad case groupbuy as well

thank you for aksing me all the questions helping me to clarify stuff.

Alkhar

23 Aug 2016, 21:52

I just saw the 3 hole for the cables : http://www.enjoyclick.org/data/attachme ... mtv9tq.jpg
Are we gonna have something to close the other two ?
On the picture here http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r69 ... bc5a09.jpg it seems that there is a big hole above the plastic diffuser, is that the cable hole ? If yes why is it so big or is this the case just because of the zoom ?
Thank you and have a nice day.

kinruan

24 Aug 2016, 03:19

Alkhar wrote: I just saw the 3 hole for the cables : http://www.enjoyclick.org/data/attachme ... mtv9tq.jpg
Are we gonna have something to close the other two ?
On the picture here http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r69 ... bc5a09.jpg it seems that there is a big hole above the plastic diffuser, is that the cable hole ? If yes why is it so big or is this the case just because of the zoom ?
There will be three available for your preference, i believe. No solution for closing two of them though. Plus i am still waiting for the actual sample for this group buy.(there are always a little difference between batches ). If most people seriously worry about this issue, we can negotiate to drill only one hole after all.

and the 2nd photo was from a different product. Nothing to do with this group buy except showing you the appearance of LED diffuser and how it is supposed to be mounted. I don't think there will be words over there either.

kinruan

26 Aug 2016, 23:00

bump

HuBandiT

31 Aug 2016, 10:20

Anyone not wanting their old plastic cases, please find me, I am looking to buy a few.

kinruan

05 Sep 2016, 19:27

bump

kinruan

13 Sep 2016, 04:52

bump

kinruan

18 Sep 2016, 01:13

dump

Return to “Group buys”