Round 7 / ALGOL-style / Deadline 2018-11-30

User avatar
zslane

10 Oct 2018, 19:05

lazyfart wrote: What the shipping times for the violettcream?
Impossible to determine. They have to be manufactured first.

User avatar
Oblotzky

10 Oct 2018, 19:50

zslane wrote:
lazyfart wrote: What the shipping times for the violettcream?
Impossible to determine. They have to be manufactured first.
SP removed SA production estimates from their site, but it should be around 9ish months. Excludes shipping and sorting by 7bit.

jacobavenkraft

10 Oct 2018, 22:52

What is likely to be the colorway for Round 7b? Any ideas?

User avatar
zslane

10 Oct 2018, 23:18

Oblotzky wrote:
zslane wrote:
lazyfart wrote: What the shipping times for the violettcream?
Impossible to determine. They have to be manufactured first.
SP removed SA production estimates from their site, but it should be around 9ish months. Excludes shipping and sorting by 7bit.
Sure, but a Round 7 production slot will slip with every week/month that the production invoice doesn't get paid (hint: I am a collector and I have not yet received an invoice from SP).

User avatar
Oblotzky

11 Oct 2018, 01:39

zslane wrote: Sure, but a Round 7 production slot will slip with every week/month that the production invoice doesn't get paid (hint: I am a collector and I have not yet received an invoice from SP).
Well of course the SP production lead time would only start once the order is placed.

User avatar
7bit

13 Oct 2018, 18:22

SP wants to be paid in full, otherwise no production slot. But this is no new news. It has been that way for quite some time.

Apropos: We need 2 more PayPal collectors until the end of this year!
:o

PayPal or Google Wallet collector wanted!!!
PayPal or Google Wallet collector wanted!!!
PayPal or Google Wallet collector wanted!!!
PayPal or Google Wallet collector wanted!!!
-----------------------------------------> :roll:

User avatar
phinix

16 Oct 2018, 15:20

Luna wrote:
Techno Trousers wrote: What were the newly proposed text legends that will now be dropped?

Also, will there eventually be a cream on black offered this round?
+1 for Cream on black and black on cream, would be really classy!
Yep, black on cream FTW!!! :)

minhvo

20 Oct 2018, 13:23

zslane wrote: Round 7 will be going on for years to come, given all the colorways that are being offered. The current deadline would only be for the current colorway run, which is violet/cream.
Thanks zslane, but this is confirmed by 7bit before? Going to order violet/cream and other colorway, if this is confirmed by 7bit, so just need to order violet/cream first. Thanks a lot.

valniro

22 Oct 2018, 21:18

@7bit I cleared my order and issued a refund to 7bot on October 7th and I still got nothing, do I need to do something else?

User avatar
7bit

23 Oct 2018, 09:48

valniro wrote: @7bit I cleared my order and issued a refund to 7bot on October 7th and I still got nothing, do I need to do something else?
We are working on it ...

The current status of this group buy is:
Image
VIOLETT 41%
:?

Image
VIOLETTCREAM 15%
:cry:

Both color-schemes need more orders to reach MOQ!
:mad:

Also: we still need someone to collect PayPal or Google Wallet money!
:roll:

jacobavenkraft

23 Oct 2018, 16:03

Is there separate MOQ for ASCII kits, CADET kits, etc? Are the number just too low to report? I've said it before, but I REALLY like the ASCII legends. :)

User avatar
7bit

23 Oct 2018, 16:16

The MOQs are separate.

Code: Select all

V I O L E T T
text modifier kits	24 <-- ~50%
symbol modifier kits	10
ALPHA kits	8
ASCII kits	3
CADET kits	5

V I O L E T T C R E A M
text modifier kits	6
symbol modifier kits	6
ALPHA kits	28 <-- ~50%
ASCII kits	9 <-- ~20%
CADET kits	10 <-- ~20%

User avatar
7bit

25 Oct 2018, 13:01

I'm off for 2 weeks!
:cry:

But:
Attachments
ALGOL_THE_BOT_LOVES_YOU_BLUE.png
ALGOL_THE_BOT_LOVES_YOU_BLUE.png (457.14 KiB) Viewed 1182 times

rubbermilitia

26 Oct 2018, 06:25

They all seem pretty far under MOQ and the deadline is pretty close... will the deadline for round 7A be extended?

I feel like more people would be on board if this GB wasn't so grossly under marketed and so complicated to order- maybe we can help with exposure? Anyone know how to make renders?

jacopods

30 Oct 2018, 00:20

If you send me some json from keyboard layout editor I can do some renders using kle-for-blender..

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

31 Oct 2018, 23:00

wanted to do this for a looong time. finally submitted my order.
I'm prepared for a long wait.

official-redditor

02 Nov 2018, 04:28

PlastikSchnittstelle wrote: wanted to do this for a looong time. finally submitted my order.
I'm prepared for a long wait.
Hi man this is my first time ordering, and I am not sure if I have done it right, as the 7bot did not reply to me. Should I be expecting a reply to confirm my order? Would really appreciate it if you can clear my doubts!

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

02 Nov 2018, 10:44

I didn't get a reply either. Have no idea why, really don't have the time and patience to read through all of it. of course, I did read about how to order and did it the right way.

all i know is I WANT ONE

struggled with the decision between grey and blue. chose this in the end:
http://www.7bit.info/algol/png/ALGOL_KIT_GREY.png

User avatar
Oblotzky

02 Nov 2018, 13:18

a few posts above, 7bit has stated that he is off for about 1 more week. there is a manual element to the bot, so wait till he's back and then he should continue processing the requests.

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

02 Nov 2018, 13:51

Thanks Oblotzky!

If I would be a participant in my own GB, I'd probably hate myself for obviously not having read at least some posts :oops:

official-redditor

03 Nov 2018, 18:13

Thanks guys! Feels better to know that haha. I need my red caps

User avatar
7bit

15 Nov 2018, 09:02

rubbermilitia wrote: They all seem pretty far under MOQ and the deadline is pretty close... will the deadline for round 7A be extended?

I feel like more people would be on board if this GB wasn't so grossly under marketed and so complicated to order- maybe we can help with exposure? Anyone know how to make renders?
Yes, it will be exfended. But I also will remove more kits if this does not come forward.

Also: We need another PayPal or Google Wallet money collector.
:-)

User avatar
Luna
Alt255

15 Nov 2018, 09:13

Are you planning on adding a black on cream/cream on black set as well 7bit?
And if not, is grey on cream/cream on grey still going to happen? I see it can't be ordered anymore.

User avatar
Oblotzky

15 Nov 2018, 13:40

Luna wrote: Are you planning on adding a black on cream/cream on black set as well 7bit?
And if not, is grey on cream/cream on grey still going to happen? I see it can't be ordered anymore.
You can still order it: http://www.7bit.info/algol_next/index.html#icons

It's just that the ALGOL main page was changed to Violet & Cream only, as that is the first color being produced.

User avatar
Luna
Alt255

15 Nov 2018, 13:59

Thanks for the link!

jacobavenkraft

15 Nov 2018, 18:37

7bit wrote:
rubbermilitia wrote: They all seem pretty far under MOQ and the deadline is pretty close... will the deadline for round 7A be extended?

I feel like more people would be on board if this GB wasn't so grossly under marketed and so complicated to order- maybe we can help with exposure? Anyone know how to make renders?
Yes, it will be exfended. But I also will remove more kits if this does not come forward.

Also: We need another PayPal or Google Wallet money collector.
:-)
I'm pretty new to 7bit group buys so others should feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but based on everything I've read in these threads and learned from the wiki, the 7bit GroupBuy process is done very differently from most group buys you may be used to.

In a Massdrop group buy for example, you have a set deadline of a month or so and once that deadline is up they will look at MOQ and decide whether to cancel certain kits. Under that system many people may choose to put off joining until they are sure the kits they want are going to make MOQ (or at least get close). In this type of group buy, the runners need to be careful to design kits in an effort to get them to hit MOQ (so people won't pull out entirely if their kits don't make it).

That doesn't really seem to be the way 7bit runs his group buys. 7bit has historically done the exact opposite of that. Instead, he designs a multitude of kits and just keeps the group buy open essentially indefinitely until all the kits hit MOQ, only then does he place an order with SP. That is why the group buys take so long. Under this system it is not in anyone's interest to wait on the sidelines to see if things will hit MOQ, because as long as they wait, the kits won't hit MOQ and the group buy will just stay open in limbo.

All that being said, it is clear from 7bit's latest posts in this thread that he is considering culling kits that have no chance of hitting MOQ this round.

So jump in and start buying! It is the only way to get your caps.

montydrei

18 Nov 2018, 01:35

It looks like refunds are being processed now. I received a payment via PayPal referencing my original order number.

However, the amount I received is lower than the amount I originally paid. Who should I contact to resolve this?

bit-shifter

18 Nov 2018, 12:10

Morning.

All refund instructions given to me by 7bit have been processed - there may however, be other refunds pending from other collectors.

Cheers.
- bit-shifter

Cheers!

deniedscout

23 Nov 2018, 17:35

lol I just got a respond to a WASSUP from at least a year ago...I got my keycaps in March and haven't ordered anything since then.

User avatar
mecano

23 Nov 2018, 18:42

jacobavenkraft wrote:
7bit wrote: Hi all!

I have some good news and some bad news!
:?

The good news is that there will be a Round 7!
:ugeek:

The bad news: I will reduce the amount of new legends.
:cry:

There will be the ASCII legends, most of the symbol legends, but no new text legends, these will remain the ones we had in previous group buys.
:roll:

Also: MOQ will be 50 keys each, so some of the more rare kits might not happen.
:o

About Hyper7 kit: I'm still not sure, maybe without the POS keys (2units covering 2 keys).
:-)
Arrgh! So all the FunText kits may change or disappear altogether? Will you be updating the available kits in the listing?
And no more FUNSYM and VCRSYM :cry:
Just got a bot message :/
7bit, can we have the 20% rebate we did when ordering these?

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”