Hardwood and frosted acrylic cases for pok3r, gh60, etc etc.

baetheus

22 Oct 2016, 20:01

Here is the group buy.

Materials

These are low profile cases milled from exotic and domestic hardwoods as well as the frosted acrylic from my planck compatible case group buy. Materials are:
  • Zebrawood ($60)
    Peruvian Walnut ($60)
    Frosted Acrylic ($55)
The woods will be finished with a satin lacquer, but can be shipped raw if you want to finish them yourself.

Price Tiers and Shipping

The current price is the lowest tier. Shipping to CONUS is included (ie. free), international shipping is $25. It should be noted that I achieved free shipping by using legal size flat rate USPS envelopes with copious padding. I have had only 1 shipping issue out of 73 shipped packages, and I offered to replace the parts free of charge for that order. Shipping includes $50 insurance as well. However, if you are really worried about shipping you can shoot me an email and we can arrange an alternate shipping option.

Timeline

The group buy will be open for two weeks, until end of day on November 5th. At that point fabrication will start. Parts will be shipped as they are completed, at the latest they will be all done by December 3rd.
I hope you guys enjoy these cases! Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or criticisms.
Last edited by baetheus on 28 Oct 2016, 23:04, edited 2 times in total.

duynguyenle

23 Oct 2016, 01:00

Have you got any pictures of the acrylic 60% case? I assume it will have the standard mounting holes for 60% PCB right?

baetheus

23 Oct 2016, 20:40

duynguyenle wrote: Have you got any pictures of the acrylic 60% case? I assume it will have the standard mounting holes for 60% PCB right?
I'll have them up later this week. Also, the cases do have the standard universal 60% mounts.
Last edited by baetheus on 28 Oct 2016, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

baetheus

28 Oct 2016, 23:02

Prices for the wood cases have dropped to $60 and now include shipping in the price for domestic orders. Frosted acrylic has dropped to $55. I've also added new pictures of satin finishes and the frosted acrylic case to https://n33d.com/groupbuy.html#gb3

There is one addendum I'd like to make. The pictured cases have mount holes tapped in the case material itself. The final shipped product will be using brass knurl inserts (I just haven't received them yet but wanted to get this update out anyway). Additionally, all cases will have the little dip switch window for compatibility with the Pok3r, I milled some without to test the look.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or criticisms, feel free to email me at help@n33d.com or post here!

Return to “Group buys”