Inspired by the XT and 1800 layouts the UK78 is a 60%+Numpad fully programmable keyboard.
Current rough price estimate: $350 (for PCB, case and full aluminium base)
Link to Geekhack Discussion
The UK78 currently features:
- ISO AND ANSI Supported Supported Layouts
- MX and Alps Compatible!
- Custom PCB that can be cut to a 65%, restistors, diodes and MCU presoldered as standard with limited DIY bare PCBs available by request
- Underglow lighting and switch LED lighting
- A single piece aluminium case with acrylic 'vanity' base to view the pcb
- 5 degree incline achieved by custom CNC'd aluminium feet or a full width aluminium base
- Stainless Steel plate in various MX and Alps layouts with the option for specific layouts or materials to be requested (anyone fancy brass?)
To Do List:
- Manufacture prototype case (in production)
- Test prototype PCBs(ordered)
- Recieve the final quotes from all the manufacturers before Group Buy
Available anodising colours from the manufacturer (other colours may be available): Click here and here for albums of the first prototype.
If you have any suggestions for improvements or to show interest feel free to comment bellow!