Does that mean that you changed the manufacturer of the plate/case?That means, having full control over the manufacturing process, which was crucial to me.
I never had a Whitefox, but I built one for a friend and QC was just abysmal and it didn't look any better on the pictures of other buyers (the example pics were always perfect though).
- The switch cutouts were inaccurate and too large, causing the supplied plate mounted switches to wobble noticeably more than on other keyboards (with openable switch cutouts).
- The plates were too small for the housings, causing very noticeable gaps between the plate and the housing.
- The edges of the plate tended to be warped just a little bit, but it looked really goofy
- One of the screws wouldn't even connect because thread was halfway under the PCB.
- The CNC machining on the case was very noticeable through the anodizing.
- Also the case had some scratches and had a noticeable fraction on the inside (he got it replaced due to this issue)
Now I know the Whitefox is relatively cheap, but the really badly fitting plate would be enough for me to never use the keyboard and I'm very happy I didn't buy into the hype during the first drop. It sure has potential and I might get into this groupbuy, but only if these issues have been tackled.
If you're shipping from the US, is it possible to help out EU-buyers a little with customs?
I probably sound all negative again and I'm sorry for that. I appreciate all the time and work you put into this community a lot, but I've been burned by too many groupbuys already. When it sounds too good to be true it usually is and looking at the price point of the Whitefox, I fear for the same issues as in round 1, which would be a shame imo.
Also why is there no option for just one unassembled Whitefox with switches included? I can only order 2 unassembled kits, or no switches at all. Being picky about switch housings (for example I hate Gateron housings due to the metallic sound they make) I'd like to test the halo switches before soldering them in.