Today I am honored to announce the group buy start of our community project, the Add-on Kit for OG Keycaps from vintage Cherry boards called "GMK Missing Keys".
This set will allow you to:
- Convert vintage Cherry ISO sets to ANSI
- Provide compatibility for smaller form factors (40/60/65/75/1800)
- Convert vintage text+icon mod ANSI sets to icon mod ANSI sets
- Act as a mod kit for obscure layout vintage boards so their alphas can be used in modern layout builds
Pricing / Vendors:
- Europe: mykeyboard.eu 44 EUR
- North America: cannonkeys.com 49 USD
- Asia: ilumkb.com 72.90 SGD
Expected Delivery: January 2020
GB Start: August 1st 2019
GB End: August 31st 2019
Thanks to pngu for doing free renders and helping gather community feedback.
Thanks to Wodan for "approving" this HADapter like Kit.
I initiated this but it quickly became pngu and my project and we are both making zero profit from this set to provide the lowest price possible and the highest number of keys possible to the community.
For people unfamiliar with OG keycaps: To obtain a full modern GMK like keycap set, you need a Cherry keyboard from the late 80s or early 90s with doubleshot keycaps, e.g. G80 or G81 and combine it with this kit.
Here is an example for you. An ebay board for 20-30 bucks which arrived at my doorstep yesterday. I removed the keycaps and cleaned them in denture tabs for about 30 minutes. With the Add-On set from this GB I can now use it on modern custom keyboards. There are also a lot of old QWERTY ISO keyboards which can be ANSIfied with this Add-On set or provide icon mods to ANSI OG keycaps.
This is what you can achieve with the keyset: AKB-OGR