Beam Spring 104+SSK Reproduction Project! First Batch In Stock, Shipping early next year after New Model F Project

turbosquid

09 Apr 2024, 02:14

This is the colour I picked when ordering mine, I can safely say these photos further validate my choice 😁 I can’t wait to have mine, I think I’ll be typing with it all week long!

Ellipse

09 Apr 2024, 18:13

Yes confirmed; these are one of the two available options of production sets. The sets all completed production a while back and they are great quality.

jmaynard

09 Apr 2024, 23:57

I'm waiting with bated breath to see an actual 122-key version of this, completed...

thefarside

10 Apr 2024, 00:31

Ellipse, I thought there was a version of the beam spring case that had a dip in it and that could be used as a pen holder. Is there a version of that case planned or is the one shown the only one available. It doesn’t matter to me if it has it or not but was curious.

genericusername57

10 Apr 2024, 12:06

thefarside wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 00:31
Ellipse, I thought there was a version of the beam spring case that had a dip in it and that could be used as a pen holder. Is there a version of that case planned or is the one shown the only one available. It doesn’t matter to me if it has it or not but was curious.
Fairly certain it was a proposed design of the R2 keyboards that was rejected by the community and hence this new design is what he went for (and imo this one looks much better than the one with the curve so I'm all for it).

Ellipse

16 Apr 2024, 01:42

As an update, the beam springs themselves can now be ordered separately here:
https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... ng-extras/

They are IBM spec and some folks have used them to repair original rusty or damaged IBM beam springs.

Yes confirmed; that original proposal was not selected for production.

genericusername57

18 Apr 2024, 12:38

Just checking, are there any B62 without any kinds of split shift etc? Seems both of the ones on the product page has some kind of splitting going on. Thinking about getting a 60% as well while I don't have to pay double shipping for it.

Ellipse

18 Apr 2024, 19:45

Nope, only the listed models (plus the custom ones mentioned on that page) are available.

genericusername57

18 Apr 2024, 19:51

Ellipse wrote:
18 Apr 2024, 19:45
Nope, only the listed models (plus the custom ones mentioned on that page) are available.
Fair enough. Looks like the supplied keycaps will cover the layouts though?

Ellipse

18 Apr 2024, 21:10

Not necessarily - as noted on the product pages you would want to check the production keycap photos to see if they cover your desired key arrangement. From what I can see, the sets include the 1U | \, 1U Fn, 1.75U Right Shift, but not a 1.5 backspace, 1.75 Ctrl, or 1.25 caps lock. As noted earlier, the factories cannot make extra keys as it would require additional molds due to the double shot injection molding process.

jmaynard

27 Apr 2024, 21:03

I've been doing work on Hercules with a real 3279 and its keyboard. It's been a revelation compared to my M122. The touch is much lighter, with a longer travel past the actuation point. I'm really, really hoping that the beam spring Ellipse is making feels just like it. I don't care about the sound, just the touch.

Return to “Group buys”