Cherry replica dyesub + blank white pbt 104 keysets

IvanIvanovich

13 Dec 2012, 04:18

First prototype keys. I will be getting the spacing / right alignment for the secondary legend corrected.

Should still be on schedule for shipment in early January.

telepete

13 Dec 2012, 05:13

They look really good imho.

kwago

13 Dec 2012, 07:26

are there any unpaid orders that will be become available to people that were unable to get in on this?

IvanIvanovich

13 Dec 2012, 07:29

There will be a *very* limited amount of sets. I will announce any leftovers after all prepaid orders are shipped.

kwago

13 Dec 2012, 07:34

righto, i will gladly hand over my money if given the chance.

IvanIvanovich

13 Dec 2012, 07:36

Also if you miss out for some reason, I will run another similar buy in the not too distant future.

jeroplane

13 Dec 2012, 09:20

Hmm, the legends look quite a bit thicker than Cherry font. Was that intended or a production error/limitation?

maxmalkav
dye hard

13 Dec 2012, 09:40

I presage high amounts of awesomeness :)

BTW, I'd really like to beg and humiliate myself for a proper ISO kit for this set ;)

mbodrov

13 Dec 2012, 14:17

Yes, they look quite a bit different. I'm sure Lysol can see it himself too, as he now has a set of his own to use as a reference.

Jim66

13 Dec 2012, 15:56

lysol, was this the same group buy with the DVORAK legends? If, so, I'd be keen to get my hands on any left overs!

IvanIvanovich

13 Dec 2012, 17:47

Yes, dvorak was include, but I didn't order any extra of that one so sorry.
The legend do look a little bit bolder. I did my best to make the legend accurate, but they are not 100% perfect as I had to remake them by hand from photos. I think it is ok. They will still look really nice and it should be a way to tell them from the original. It would make me sad to see some people trying to sell these set as original Cherry for 500EUR.

I would like to offer ISO options, but I need to find a supplier that have ISO enter in Cherry PBT that will sell to me first.

dirge

13 Dec 2012, 17:57

lysol wrote:Yes, dvorak was include, but I didn't order any extra of that one so sorry.
The legend do look a little bit bolder. I did my best to make the legend accurate, but they are not 100% perfect as I had to remake them by hand from photos. I think it is ok. They will still look really nice and it should be a way to tell them from the original. It would make me sad to see some people trying to sell these set as original Cherry for 500EUR.

I would like to offer ISO options, but I need to find a supplier that have ISO enter in Cherry PBT that will sell to me first.
Were the nordic ducky caps ever released?

7bit

13 Dec 2012, 18:00

They look really nice. But for, err... political reasons I must resist to buy these ....
:roll:

IvanIvanovich

13 Dec 2012, 18:04

Ducky use OEM profile, and I already knew where to get OEM, but I don't like it.

What is politic about keycap 7bit?

Grond

13 Dec 2012, 18:12

He's a minister in Double Shot party!
I believe Double Shot party is conservative? Dye subs with red russian legends must be left wing. Original cherry Dye Subs is elitist though.
Last edited by Grond on 13 Dec 2012, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

mbodrov

13 Dec 2012, 18:19

The diacritic over the Й should be the same thickness as the rest of the character. Everything in the Cherry Font is made from a single type of line, with no thickness variations. It looks much thinner on yours - is it a technical limitation?

IvanIvanovich

13 Dec 2012, 18:32

No, that would be a mistake by me. It will be fixed.
Other problems?
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 13 Dec 2012, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

13 Dec 2012, 18:34

lysol wrote:What is politic about keycap 7bit?
They are no doubleshots!
:ugeek:

No trolling:
Legends look really great, but the Windows logo does not fit with the rest.

You should turn it into a Win key.

IvanIvanovich

13 Dec 2012, 19:53

Yes, having 'Windows' and 'Menu' would definitely make the bottom row more uniform. Might be an interesting option for GMK keys.

mbodrov

13 Dec 2012, 23:00

lysol wrote:Other problems?
Honestly? Numerous problems with angles and proportions.
I don't want to sound harsh, because I know that font tracing is a lot of work, probably many times more than somebody who hasn't tried it would imagine. But what we have right now is just not ready for production, and the worst part is I can't seem to guess at which step exactly things went wrong.

Here's a few of the most obvious examples.

Х...

У...

and... Z! Another letter would also fit the bill, but we've already discussed it.

Here I've done a quick-and-dirty job retracing the Z/Я. Clearly my paths still require some fine tuning (the most time-consuming part!), but it is quite evident that there's no problems with proportions or line thickness, and I wonder what could've happened with the examples above.

IvanIvanovich

14 Dec 2012, 00:28

Thanks for critique, you have been a lot of help on this project. What program is this? I was working in Ai and I am not very good with it. It often does not like to cooperate with what I want it to do.

mbodrov

14 Dec 2012, 01:15

This is Kompas 3D Lite, a very basic, free CAD software. Pretty much any CAD will do, as long as it has basic geometry functions like draw a parallel, draw a perpendicular, draw an arc through 3 points, draw a circle of specific diameter touching 2 tangents, etc.

IvanIvanovich

27 Jan 2013, 17:55

Some more sample from imsto.

soon...

IvanIvanovich

28 Jan 2013, 04:00

Everyone that is getting shipped direct from imsto should be invoiced now, sent from sturzen.kultur. Make sure to check spam folders and pay your invoice as soon as possible.
If you did not receive an invoice for shipping today, your order is being sent by me and I will invoice shipping for those orders soon.
Thanks!

Acanthophis

28 Jan 2013, 05:11

So everyone who got an invoice will get his keycaps directly from imsto?

IvanIvanovich

28 Jan 2013, 17:46

Yes exactly.

PixelScript

13 Feb 2013, 11:30

Do you have a dvorak set left over? They look awesome!

IvanIvanovich

13 Feb 2013, 17:12

There is no leftover, but you may contact imsto and buy direct though you won't get the cheaper groupbuy price.

Acanthophis

13 Feb 2013, 17:40

So lyso...Ivan, what's up with the name change?

IvanIvanovich

13 Feb 2013, 18:33

Basically, after using the same username across the internet for about 10 years I was tired of looking at it.

Return to “Group buys”