Poker Aluminum Case

User avatar
DanGWanG

17 Jul 2012, 18:33

For anyone on the fence about buying this, I'll help you. Get it. That is all =)

RiGS

17 Jul 2012, 21:51

Very impressive. Order sent.

User avatar
gimpster

17 Jul 2012, 22:01

DanGWanG wrote:For anyone on the fence about buying this, I'll help you. Get it. That is all =)
My wallet hates you. Ordered. And I don't even have a Poker...what's wrong with me? :ugeek:

sherryton

18 Jul 2012, 01:15

Thanks for clarifying everything DanGWanG! :)
DanGWanG wrote:
kekstee wrote:Do you have to desolder the switches for assembly with that inner frame?
To install the red plate, you'll need to desolder and resolder all the individual switches.

sherryton

18 Jul 2012, 01:17

Sorry!
emptythecache wrote:sherryton, I can't help but notice this isn't a cream cheese and blue key set.

User avatar
MagicMeatball

18 Jul 2012, 01:17

Sherryton, can you please check your email and get back to me? :)

User avatar
Acanthophis

18 Jul 2012, 01:19

He didn't.
My question is still unanswered.
DeathAdder wrote:Is it possible to order only a metal plate (inner frame)?

sherryton

18 Jul 2012, 04:47

MagicMeatball wrote:Sherryton, can you please check your email and get back to me? :)
You just sent us an e-mail, but there aren't any questions.
DeathAdder wrote:He didn't.
My question is still unanswered.
What you will receive:

1. Aluminum Housing for Poker
Dark or Light Silver
2. 7 x Bronze weight
7 x Screw for weight
3. 4 x Bottom side silicon bump (Dark brown)
4. Aluminum inner frame (Red)

I wrote it on the OP. You must buy everything that is included. I'm just assisting this group buy from Korea.

User avatar
MagicMeatball

18 Jul 2012, 04:51

sherryton wrote:
You just sent us an e-mail, but there aren't any questions.
I did, but I guess you missed it. I also sent you a PM. But anyways, I wanted to know if this color is exactly what you describe as 'light':
12973609817.jpg
12973609817.jpg (159.22 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
If this is the lighter option, could you please change my order to light aluminum? Thanks :)

User avatar
Acanthophis

18 Jul 2012, 04:54

I just thought I could buy it separately if it's optional as you said earlier.
sherryton wrote:Plate mount is optional as your wish. I believe that is the inner frame.

sherryton

18 Jul 2012, 04:56

DeathAdder wrote:I just thought I could buy it separately if it's optional as you said earlier.
sherryton wrote:Plate mount is optional as your wish. I believe that is the inner frame.
Sorry about my phrasing. I meant optional as in people can opt to use it or not.

User avatar
Acanthophis

18 Jul 2012, 05:00

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarification.
Is the plate mount the same size as the PCB?
Can I use it with the stock case?

sherryton

18 Jul 2012, 05:03

DeathAdder wrote:Ah, ok. Thanks for clarification.
Is the plate mount the same size as the PCB?
Can I use it with the stock case?
I can't help you there yet. I'll try to clear this up through someone else.

User avatar
gimpster

18 Jul 2012, 05:39

BTW, what words are etched under the poker symbols on the back? I thought it was odd that these were crossed out.

sherryton

18 Jul 2012, 05:41

gimpster wrote:BTW, what words are etched under the poker symbols on the back? I thought it was odd that these were crossed out.
I believe they aren't labeling them in production. That's why it has been crossed out.

demik

18 Jul 2012, 05:41

crossed out because they wont be in the final product, i think it said "KBC Poker"

fijistic

18 Jul 2012, 05:49

it's the initial of the guy who is producing the poker. and only the shapes will show up

User avatar
gimpster

18 Jul 2012, 06:02

Ah, cool. Minimalist. I like it. :)

User avatar
gore

18 Jul 2012, 08:37

Why do all the group buys I want in on happen when I have just moved house, so I'm very poor :'(

Aleksander

18 Jul 2012, 11:34

You move house too often. :P

User avatar
Kellybear

20 Jul 2012, 03:20

Emailed :3

Brodawg

20 Jul 2012, 05:14

Aleksander wrote:You move house too often. :P
He's downgrading so he can afford more keyboard stuff :P

User avatar
gimpster

21 Jul 2012, 07:58

Is there any reason that this case wouldn't also work with a Pure? Would the mounting plate work? Is there any chance that they could add the extra mounting hole that's available on the Pure?

kaiserreich

22 Jul 2012, 05:18

Cant afford this. What a shame i have to miss it.

User avatar
guilleguillaume

24 Jul 2012, 03:50

How do I know when I need to pay in case I'm in the group of lucky users that can get one? :?:

User avatar
Elrick

24 Jul 2012, 07:54

gimpster wrote:Is there any reason that this case wouldn't also work with a Pure? Would the mounting plate work? Is there any chance that they could add the extra mounting hole that's available on the Pure?
I don't see why not.

I thought of going for another aluminum keyboard case, but this baby is so HEAVY looking. Plus the add-on weights just about seals it for me.

I want one........ and I don't own a Poker, but have two spare Races sitting in the closet in which one would love a transplant.

User avatar
gimpster

24 Jul 2012, 08:04

Elrick wrote:I thought of going for another aluminum keyboard case, but this baby is so HEAVY looking. Plus the add-on weights just about seals it for me.
I'm right there with you. I've been lusting after a 356 Mini ever since I found out about them, but those are so hard to find, I knew I had to have this when the chance came up, even though I sold my Realforce to cover it. :)
Elrick wrote:I want one........ and I don't own a Poker, but have two spare Races sitting in the closet in which one would love a transplant.
I didn't own a Poker either, I went out and bought one just so I'd have something to put in this bad boy. :) But your Race won't fit in there, it has a whole extra row of keys that the Poker doesn't have. I think it might be one column wider, too, but not sure off the top of my head.

User avatar
Elrick

24 Jul 2012, 08:12

gimpster wrote:I'm right there with you. I've been lusting after a 356 Mini ever since I found out about them, but those are so hard to find, I knew I had to have this when the chance came up, even though I sold my Realforce to cover it. :)
This is where I'm stuck.......decisions......decisions :? :? :?
gimpster wrote:I didn't own a Poker either, I went out and bought one just so I'd have something to put in this bad boy. :) But your Race won't fit in there, it has a whole extra row of keys that the Poker doesn't have. I think it might be one column wider, too, but not sure off the top of my head.
Oh damn, I knew it would of been way too easy for me. I've got so many keyboards, I don't know if buying a Poker will still be required. But I can't understand why these companies all sharing the main Cherry MX switches have so many different layouts for ...........no valid reason. :?:

User avatar
Kellybear

24 Jul 2012, 14:59

I bought a poker shortly after I ordered this case too.. lol. It's a beauty! I've been drooling over the pictures ever since I saw them. I've always been on the edge about getting a poker but after I saw this case, I knew I definitely wanted one. I don't know when I'll ever see a case like this again, so I had to go for it :3 Teehee.

User avatar
gimpster

24 Jul 2012, 18:11

Elrick wrote:Oh damn, I knew it would of been way too easy for me. I've got so many keyboards, I don't know if buying a Poker will still be required. But I can't understand why these companies all sharing the main Cherry MX switches have so many different layouts for ...........no valid reason. :?:
Well, that depends on your definition of "valid". :) In the end, it's really the users that are driving the diversity. Some people really want an ultra-compact keyboard, maybe they like to travel with it, or maybe they just don't want the extra space cluttering up their desktop for keys they rarely use. Myself, I actually prefer the Race layout because I do use some of those keys, but I'm willing to make an exception for this case. :)

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”