[IC] HyperMicro and HyperMini Keyboard

7bit

24 Jan 2013, 09:15

Hyper groupbuy will start when Round 4 ended, which will be in March 2013.

C600 will indeed use the SPACENEW which is the spacebar for G80-1800 keyboards with windows keys (as far as I remember).

dirge

24 Jan 2013, 10:16

You doing caps for the board? Thinking GMK may be enough to burn you out mind....

phetto
Elite

24 Jan 2013, 10:50

Cases?

Halverson

24 Jan 2013, 10:58

phetto wrote:Cases?
Cardboard and duct tape :D

Netdewt

27 Jan 2013, 19:22

I like the HyperMicro. Wondering about cases, key sets, and how to type numbers though. Does Teensy work well with Mac?

What is the timing of this GB? Will it take 2 years? That's actually a serious question.

What about HyperNumPad?

7bit

27 Jan 2013, 19:47

Yes. I think the only system with which you can't program it is M$-Windows.

It will not take 2 years.I will start when I shipped Round 4, which will be in march or April.

rindorbrot

27 Jan 2013, 22:18

yes, a nice numpad would be a cool idea, i want a hexadecimal one!

gimpster

27 Jan 2013, 22:46

7bit wrote:M$-Windows
Wow...classy...and I thought only juveniles still said that and thought they were being clever... :roll:

Rather than spreading FUD, you might want to do 2 minutes of research so you can give your potential customers accurate information. Teensy is programmable on all of the major operating systems, since the Teensyduino software you use is just a plugin for Arduino. You can find accurate (not fanboy-biased) information here:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensyduino.html

To actually answer the question above about Mac compatibility, yes, the Teensy works just fine with a Mac, that's what I use both of my Phantoms with and have not had any problems. Phantom uses Teensy 2.0.

Gilgam

28 Jan 2013, 08:47

gimpster wrote:
7bit wrote:M$-Windows
Wow...classy...and I thought only juveniles still said that and thought they were being clever... :roll:
And he forgot Appl€

(euro symbol at the end)
:mrgreen:

sorry ...

7bit

28 Jan 2013, 08:57

Apple is based on a Unix system, so no problem there.

ps:
I apologise to you DOS/Windows-fan-boys. Didn't want to be offensive!

Netdewt

28 Jan 2013, 16:44

Are there plans for a key set for any of these designs?

Does the HyperMicro need any stabilizers (I'm guessing no, they look 1.25u max)?

What is the spec of the diodes (maybe this is common knowledge)?

t!ng
Awake Sheep

28 Jan 2013, 16:49

phetto wrote:Cases?
LEGO 8-)

Like this:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/23/lego-c ... ficiently/

7bit

28 Jan 2013, 18:59

Netdewt wrote:Are there plans for a key set for any of these designs?

Does the HyperMicro need any stabilizers (I'm guessing no, they look 1.25u max)?

Key caps will be shipped quite soon.

Next group buy will start when GMK got rid of their MOQ-policy.

dirge

28 Jan 2013, 19:38

7bit wrote: Next group buy will start when GMK got rid of their MOQ-policy.
I'm sure you'll be able to persuade them :)

pasph

28 Jan 2013, 21:03

7bit wrote:

That's a REAL challenge :evil:

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

28 Jan 2013, 21:42

"This just in. GMK gets rid of their ludicrously high MOQ-policy, but keeps their just as insanely high prices. Prices at 100 keys is reported to be 15€ per cap."

Yeah, I don't know if it would change anything if GMK got rid of their high MOQ :?

simkev

28 Jan 2013, 22:32

7bit wrote:

would this layout be possible?

7bit

28 Jan 2013, 23:04

I think it would. If you go for sphericals (SPH-style key caps) you even have the right sizes for Return and Shift.

If you can get an SPH kit from someone, I can give you the additional 2.5 units right Shift your would need with this layout.

ps: There is no 2 units Tab key.

Netdewt

29 Jan 2013, 01:49

Is it possible that that these would actually fit inside one of the aluminum Poker cases that have been made?

damorgue

29 Jan 2013, 10:11

Broadmonkey wrote:"This just in. GMK gets rid of their ludicrously high MOQ-policy, but keeps their just as insanely high prices. Prices at 100 keys is reported to be 15€ per cap."
I believe someone mentioned 60€ each for the sets at MOQ of 400. People need to start to understand the term MOQ. If we order just 200, we can get the sets at 120€ each. If we order just 80 sets, we can get them for 300€/set.

Nowhere near 15€/cap that is. Not only that, but in the last scenario mentioned, we will also receive 320 sets extra.

simkev

29 Jan 2013, 12:07

7bit wrote:I think it would. If you go for sphericals (SPH-style key caps) you even have the right sizes for Return and Shift.

If you can get an SPH kit from someone, I can give you the additional 2.5 units right Shift your would need with this layout.

ps: There is no 2 units Tab key.
OK, I could use a 2u enter as tab key anyway.
Maybe I could get the needed keys in Doubleshot Replacements Round 5/Cherry Doubleshots Round 1

Are you still considering having the controller mounted on the board or will it be a Teensy based pcb?
Last edited by simkev on 04 Feb 2013, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

ne0phyte
Toast.

31 Jan 2013, 14:33

I'd be in for one of the posted alternative HyperMicro layouts, not sure which I like the best yet though. I'll have a look at what's been posted later today.

btw: How hard is it to design a case? I never did anything apart from some 2D CAD stuff at school. Are there any resources or some example files of other cases somewhere? My neighbour works as an engineer and used CAD for years and I know the company he's working at does low volume production and single protoypes (laser cutting, cnc; aluminum, metal, etc.).

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

31 Jan 2013, 15:47

damorgue wrote:
Broadmonkey wrote:"This just in. GMK gets rid of their ludicrously high MOQ-policy, but keeps their just as insanely high prices. Prices at 100 keys is reported to be 15€ per cap."
I believe someone mentioned 60€ each for the sets at MOQ of 400. People need to start to understand the term MOQ. If we order just 200, we can get the sets at 120€ each. If we order just 80 sets, we can get them for 300€/set.

Nowhere near 15€/cap that is. Not only that, but in the last scenario mentioned, we will also receive 320 sets extra.
Yes, MOQ is 400 and MOQ means Minimum Order Quantity, Which in turn means that you can't order anything less than 400. You might be spoiled by SPs MOQ which is often used as a way to determine price brackets rather than minimum of orders required.

I have no idea if price per cap would be €15 if GMK decided to remove their MOQ, it was merely a way of saying it would be way too expensive to be even remotely considerable (if you are sane, that is)

dirge

31 Jan 2013, 16:23

If it got too it I'd pay €15 for each of the GB caps I needed.

I however am not sane.

fruktstund

31 Jan 2013, 16:33

I have a hard time understanding why they can't do sets with a lower MOQ, say one at 200.

I don't work in the plastics industry though, so it's not my area of expertise. Probably.

Gilgam

31 Jan 2013, 17:06

The time needed for settings is quite long. So it's expensive.

In order to get some "low prices" sets, MOQ is 400.

SP includes the price of settings in each set. So the more you order the more it decreases, to a certain point...

7bit

31 Jan 2013, 17:46

fruktstund wrote:I have a hard time understanding why they can't do sets with a lower MOQ, say one at 200.

I don't work in the plastics industry though, so it's not my area of expertise. Probably.
The serve the industry, not individuals. They think in pallets not boxes!

Just for comparison:
Matias Alps: MOQ: 200
Cherry MX: MOQ: 1000

However, just relax and wait until I've visited them.

:-)

damorgue

31 Jan 2013, 18:37

Broadmonkey wrote:
damorgue wrote:

Yes, MOQ is 400 and MOQ means Minimum Order Quantity, Which in turn means that you can't order anything less than 400. You might be spoiled by SPs MOQ which is often used as a way to determine price brackets rather than minimum of orders required.

I have no idea if price per cap would be €15 if GMK decided to remove their MOQ, it was merely a way of saying it would be way too expensive to be even remotely considerable (if you are sane, that is)
You need to learn what MOQ means. Of course you are allowed to buy less than MOQ! (as long as you do what I explained above.) Take your time and read it through.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Jan 2013, 19:08

I must say that I like both C400 and 600 but I would need slightly bigger shifts... I'll to make a layout

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

31 Jan 2013, 20:42

damorgue wrote: You need to learn what MOQ means. Of course you are allowed to buy less than MOQ! (as long as you do what I explained above.) Take your time and read it through.
Tell me how you interpret this:
lysol wrote:Just in case there is any doubt, here is the copied text of email from GMK for rough price qoute...

As you already mentioned our production team is really busy for the next months. Because we are the only company working with the original cherry toolings, the demand is very high. I do see a chance for full sets in spring (April/May 2013). Unfortunately MOQ for full sets is 400, can´t make an exception in this case. The whole production process is very quantity-dependent. The price for a full set will be around 60€, but I have to run the whole calculation for a final price.
Regards
Christoph Kredler

Return to “Group buys”