GMK / Cherry doubleshot modifier packs (complete?)

blighty

13 Mar 2013, 19:40

What happens when the MOQ isn't met? Keep it going until it eventually has enough (like the Cyrillic dyesub GB) or back to drawing board?

IvanIvanovich

13 Mar 2013, 20:54

More like if the MOQ isn't met we are totally f*cked and probably ruin the relationship with GMK. They already ordered all our custom color plastic stock and have given us slot of First week of April for production. If we can't follow though I am sure they won't be happy with us at all.

phetto
Elite

13 Mar 2013, 21:08

Honestly, how are we supposed to hit 300 MOQ in these? How many has been ordered now? I guess we have to call the people with the bigger wallets to order extras and such as a nice gesture..

IvanIvanovich

13 Mar 2013, 21:15

If the people who submitted in the IC actually buy shit we will be fine. Current ordered quantities as of this morning are in the OP. We are off to an ok start for it only being open a few days.

rindorbrot

13 Mar 2013, 21:36

I did mark myself uninterested in the IC but still ordered a set because the pic in the OP made me hungry!

HzFaq

13 Mar 2013, 21:44

I've doubled my order, really want this to go well.

Jmneuv

13 Mar 2013, 21:53

That's the spirit! Don't be afraid.

blighty

13 Mar 2013, 21:59

Maybe it would help if the sample keys were placed with some white on black doubleshots to get some sort of idea what they would look like mixed with a set (picture on a G80-1800 perhaps?) Hell, some sort of mockup on the OP even...

IvanIvanovich

13 Mar 2013, 22:14

Yeah, I will see what I can do for some more visual aids when I get home.

Jmneuv

13 Mar 2013, 22:29

I'm expecting the purple mods to also go well with cherry creamy white keys.
edit: like this (i'm already liking it very much):
purplemock-1.png
purplemock-1.png (164.56 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
(feel free to add to op if it has your consent, Ivanich)
Last edited by Jmneuv on 14 Mar 2013, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

blighty

14 Mar 2013, 00:24

Cool, but I think shift/backspace/enter/tab/caps lock are textless and right alt will be alt gr. :D

pasph

14 Mar 2013, 10:23

With Cherry replica dyesub (sort of)
Attachments
60_ANSI2.jpg
60_ANSI2.jpg (63.79 KiB) Viewed 4184 times

Jmneuv

14 Mar 2013, 13:25

on white on black:
purpleblack-1.png
purpleblack-1.png (97.29 KiB) Viewed 4156 times

BimboBB

14 Mar 2013, 13:31

nice. maybe some mockup for the CMYK mods as well?

Jmneuv

14 Mar 2013, 13:59

here you go:
cmyblack-1.png
cmyblack-1.png (93.05 KiB) Viewed 4147 times
cmwhyte-1.png
cmwhyte-1.png (129.74 KiB) Viewed 4136 times

IvanIvanovich

14 Mar 2013, 16:25

Thanks for those. Do you have that as a template? Not to be unappreciative but I wouldn't mind doing the legends over with my Cherry ones so it looks much closer to what will be received.

We need to figure out something about the shipping situation. Having the order send from Germany will add 19% to the cost of the keycap because of vat fee. Is there another Europe country that have a good and cheap post but with none or at least less vat rate? Otherwise it might be better for you guys to have me ship everything from the US after all.

Acanthophis

14 Mar 2013, 16:34

Well, as I don't really need anything from this GB and I just ordered out of solidarity, consider myself dropping out if you plan on shipping Germany -> US -> Germany + 19% VAT. Hell no!

BimboBB

14 Mar 2013, 16:40

Is it not possible to split the order? making one delivery to EU and one to US?

pasph

14 Mar 2013, 16:55

Acanthophis wrote:Well, as I don't really need anything from this GB and I just ordered out of solidarity, consider myself dropping out if you plan on shipping Germany -> US -> Germany + 19% VAT. Hell no!
Me too

tlt

14 Mar 2013, 16:58

Try to split the order Eu/us but with the total to meet moq. They get the same volume just need two shippings. Otherwise I think we should focus on a Europe only GB with some language kits (I want nice swedish caps, just take my money! )

fruktstund

14 Mar 2013, 17:02

If someone inside the EU buys it they'll have to pay the VAT at 19%, but if someone in the US buys it they don't have to, if I've understood it correctly.

I've never had to pay any customs fees on any package from the US shipped with USPS, and I think I've heard somewhere before that the customs people (here in Sweden at least) don't care about these packages if they're worth less than $40 (i.e. if the declared value is less than that).

It seems there are two choices: 1. Pay 19% VAT on everything, 2. Pay no VAT, but instead pay for the shipping across the ocean - also, some of us Europeans may have to pay the customs fees and VAT of our countries.

However, I'm not entirely sure you can avoid paying the VAT just by living outside the EU, but it doesn't sound all too weird. If you actually do have to pay the VAT anyway, the choice is easy, I think. :)

tlt

14 Mar 2013, 17:06

Or split the shipping back to eu on the us buyers :twisted:

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

14 Mar 2013, 17:10

something like this?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 Mar 2013, 17:24

IvanIvanovich wrote:Thanks for those. Do you have that as a template? Not to be unappreciative but I wouldn't mind doing the legends over with my Cherry ones so it looks much closer to what will be received.

We need to figure out something about the shipping situation. Having the order send from Germany will add 19% to the cost of the keycap because of vat fee. Is there another Europe country that have a good and cheap post but with none or at least less vat rate? Otherwise it might be better for you guys to have me ship everything from the US after all.
There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

When a German company sells in Germany, they always charge 19% VAT. When selling outside Germany, the VAT is deducted from the total price if (and only if) the buyer is a company with a valid EU VAT identification no.. In that case the buying company is obliged to pay (directly to the national tax office) the applicable national VAT.

Example: a German company selling e.g. a keyboard for 119€ will sell at that price to non-commercial buyers, no matter where they live: Germany, EU or rest of the world. They will also sell at that price to commercial buyers outside of the EU (Switzerland being a special case).
Only to commercial buyers in the EU will they sell at 100€ (i.e. after deduction of the 19% VAT included in the total price), but then the buyer has to declare the goods in his country and pay his national VAT (ranging from 15% in Luxemburg to 27% in Hungary).

In other words: when buying from a commercial seller, VAT is due in any case.
And by the way: Germany has the fourth-lowest VAT rate in the EU with only Luxemburg, Cyprus and Malta having lower rates.

tlt

14 Mar 2013, 17:27

fruktstund wrote:If someone inside the EU buys it they'll have to pay the VAT at 19%, but if someone in the US buys it they don't have to, if I've understood it correctly.

I've never had to pay any customs fees on any package from the US shipped with USPS, and I think I've heard somewhere before that the customs people (here in Sweden at least) don't care about these packages if they're worth less than $40 (i.e. if the declared value is less than that).

It seems there are two choices: 1. Pay 19% VAT on everything, 2. Pay no VAT, but instead pay for the shipping across the ocean - also, some of us Europeans may have to pay the customs fees and VAT of our countries.

However, I'm not entirely sure you can avoid paying the VAT just by living outside the EU, but it doesn't sound all too weird. If you actually do have to pay the VAT anyway, the choice is easy, I think. :)
-The vat in Sweden is 25%.
-You can't count on customs to be sloppy (in some EU countries nothing gets through it seems)
- In theory it's against the rules to not pay vat when importing.

It could be sent back in one shipping to EU and then distributed in eu (even throw its dumb)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 Mar 2013, 17:34

And by the way, VAT and customs fees are two completely different matters.

guilleguillaume

14 Mar 2013, 17:35

kbdfr wrote:[...]

In other words: when buying from a commercial seller, VAT is due in any case.
And by the way: Germany has the fourth-lowest VAT rate in the EU with only Luxemburg, Cyprus and Malta having lower rates.
Oh! I remeber the old times when we had 16% VAT rate... :x

I'm still thinking about getting 2 of each set!

7bit

14 Mar 2013, 17:42

fruktstund wrote:If someone inside the EU buys it they'll have to pay the VAT at 19%, but if someone in the US buys it they don't have to, if I've understood it correctly.

LOL!

This would be the opposite way we have it in Round 4.

I'm not sure how much import tax is when the package is a bit larger than the usual stuff we ship.

The whole calculation depends also on how much shipping is from the US.

Shipping of the whole stuff within Germany is cheaper than shipping to US.

Shipping from Germnay is also cheaper.

In the end it will be more or less the same.

Jmneuv

14 Mar 2013, 17:48

I'll pack up and pm the templates for you shortly Ivan - no offense taken i didn't exactly go into detail on those.
Concerning VAT i'd prefer to pay it right up front and not taking the detour with a chance of having to pay it anyway through customs office.
In general you just have to make sure you pay vat only once - that's exactly why the customs office here collects VAT and import tax, because they assume vat hasn't been paid yet.
Ideally we'd have two shipments: one Vat free to usa - let the customs office there handle taxes; and one with vat paid to our german guy.
Last edited by Jmneuv on 14 Mar 2013, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.

tlt

14 Mar 2013, 17:49

There is no VAT for goods exported outside EU. The whole point of vat is to tax the citizens. Taxing forgeners would hurt exports for the country.
Last edited by tlt on 14 Mar 2013, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group buys”