GMK / Cherry doubleshot modifier packs (complete?)

eon

23 Jan 2013, 19:54

I don't really understand what the plan is now. Is the GMK mod pack GB obsolete (purple win IIRC), and replaced by this ? (fullset GB ?)

Jmneuv

23 Jan 2013, 20:06

the MOQ, that's per colorway, meaning 800 sets together for the 2 variants?

guilleguillaume

23 Jan 2013, 20:11

Lysol I like the idea as far as it helps everybody to have what they need/want and to decrease prices quite a bit.

mintberryminuscrunch

23 Jan 2013, 20:22

lysol wrote:Pricing for 104 set with 400 MOQ €60 / $80. Seeing how majority interest is currently for US ANSI... I think I will make that base and offer one big pack for all the ISO layouts keys that have enough interest. Will get for pricing on that pack once decided what it will contain... and we will go from there. I think this will make more sense than what I was originally proposing and be most cost effective overall for the majority of buyer.
Now all that will stand in the way of getting this done is the MOQ.
How does GMK justify those prices?

7bit

23 Jan 2013, 20:23

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:How does GMK justify those prices?
--->MONOPOLISMUS<---

mintberryminuscrunch

23 Jan 2013, 20:26

It's fucking twice as much as sp asks at that moq
And I bet they have better machinery too at GMK.
I'd bet they are testing the water, tell them that's not acceptable
Last edited by mintberryminuscrunch on 23 Jan 2013, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

korne

23 Jan 2013, 20:27

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:It's fucking twice as much as sp asks at that moq
It's also 2 times (or more) the quality of SP keycaps

mintberryminuscrunch

23 Jan 2013, 20:31

korne wrote:
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:It's fucking twice as much as sp asks at that moq
It's also 2 times (or more) the quality of SP keycaps
we'll see, price is still way too high

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Jan 2013, 20:37

Sorry. You may kill me now.

7bit

23 Jan 2013, 20:47

Here are the reasons:

Qualität, Individualität und Flexibilität - Made in Germany.
Qualitätssicherung nach DIN 9001.
Öko-Audit gemäss EMAS-Richtlinien.
Monopolismus.
:ugeek:

dirge

23 Jan 2013, 21:01

lysol wrote:Pricing for 104 set with 400 MOQ €60 / $80. Seeing how majority interest is currently for US ANSI... I think I will make that base and offer one big pack for all the ISO layouts keys that have enough interest. Will get for pricing on that pack once decided what it will contain... and we will go from there. I think this will make more sense than what I was originally proposing and be most cost effective overall for the majority of buyer.
Now all that will stand in the way of getting this done is the MOQ.
So are we talking Ansi buyers grouped and ISO crossing fingers? Is it not too soon for that call? Can you not get the pricing for a few options and see what impact socializing the cost has if everyone soaks it up?

I mean I don't mind getting German / US / Spanish caps if it mean's I get my own. I don't know why people wanting US caps wouldn't mind getting a few German Spanish and UK keycaps if it meant everyone would be included.

IvanIvanovich

23 Jan 2013, 21:12

Mod pack with white/purple, CMYK and esc pack still going forward, and will start soonish (hopefully). Then this full set buy will happen after. Unless ISO folks wanting other layout beside US start poring in the votes... everything is preliminary now, and it's going to be fluid and things will change as required for the most options for lowest price we can make it. When I post something, it is only information or my thoughts for now to be discussed. Until this change from IC to GB, nothing is final so no need to get worked up or panic about anything. I am open to suggestion as what IC planning process is all about.

pasph

23 Jan 2013, 21:21

400 MOQ is difficult even for US ansi without koreans or some vendor picking up the surplus

guilleguillaume

23 Jan 2013, 21:41

dirge wrote:[..]

So are we talking Ansi buyers grouped and ISO crossing fingers? Is it not too soon for that call? Can you not get the pricing for a few options and see what impact socializing the cost has if everyone soaks it up?

I mean I don't mind getting German / US / Spanish caps if it mean's I get my own. I don't know why people wanting US caps wouldn't mind getting a few German Spanish and UK keycaps if it meant everyone would be included.
Simply because they're selfish and don't care about other people getting their keys.

If this remains as the standard pattern I'm seriously thinking about saying "F*CK OFF" and start moving by ourselves without counting on them.

If not for Lysol we wouldn't even been taken into consideration.

inlikeflynn

23 Jan 2013, 22:12

guilleguillaume wrote:

Simply because they're selfish and don't care about other people getting their keys.

If this remains as the standard pattern I'm seriously thinking about saying "F*CK OFF" and start moving by ourselves without counting on them.

Beyond Lysol and a couple of us other old timers, don't except much support from GH for anything besides US ANSI :(

Its been run over with self entitled cry babies these days, who would rather fight about their "rights" to sell complete shit and rip off people and destroy their community, than spend a couple extra dollars to help out the larger keyboard community

I for one will be buying what ever language packs Lysol decides on as I do appreciate some unique keys and helping everyone out. I'm also one of the few US people to have an an ISO keyboard, so will actually be using them too

mintberryminuscrunch

23 Jan 2013, 22:28

Less whining and more talk about those dann high prices :/

blighty

23 Jan 2013, 22:29

guilleguillaume wrote:

Well, I'm a personal fan the whole "vote with your wallet" method of support. I'm one to say if you can afford an $80 104 US ANSI kit, you can afford a $120 kit with all the keys (104 ANSI and ISO keys combined). I have to admit I preferred the original mod/base/language kit setup though. Curious to see how this pans out.

IvanIvanovich

23 Jan 2013, 22:40

The way I see my role as organizer, I provide a starting point for an idea to have produced and try to keep discussion moving in a constructive and sane manner. While I really want to cover as many options as possible, some things inevitably won't have enough interest to make it to GB stage. Even though I knew that from the start, I give the benefit of the doubt and offer the options during IC phase just to make sure rather than making that assumption. I have been surprised about some things, what is popular and what is not.
It's still early as I said, so there is plenty of time for things to change. I will keep the poll and discussion open until I have a firm production schedule slot from GMK.

Yes there are a lot of selfish people, that only care about getting what they want. But, we need to try our best to keep working together in spite of them. The more we work together, and make certain things as common options or defaults, the more they will occur again in the future. We need to show them that ANSI US is not the only one. While I really wanted to avoid making that the base option, as long as the numbers are that way it only makes sense from a production stand point. If there were more call for ISO layouts it would be the default instead. I am not making favorites or doing something to appease anyone. If there is demand for something it will get made. Simple.

m_enanos

23 Jan 2013, 23:21

In for 350 sets :lol:

Acanthophis

23 Jan 2013, 23:29

Yeah, and with that profit he made he's gonna buy nail-polish and makes even more profit.
Evil mastermind, I must say.

:roll:

m_enanos, don't you ninja-edit on me!

pasph

23 Jan 2013, 23:43

Thank you Lysol, anyhow this GMK thing is going to end

rodtang

23 Jan 2013, 23:56

There should be one set with all (reasonable) languages then we should pressure GMK to sell it to us for the same price as an ANSI set would be, that should please everyone (even though it might not be all that possible).

mintberryminuscrunch

24 Jan 2013, 00:01

rodtang wrote:There should be one set with all (reasonable) languages then we should pressure GMK to sell it to us for the same price as an ANSI set would be, that should please everyone (even though it might not be all that possible).
now we're talking

IvanIvanovich

24 Jan 2013, 00:20

Just in case there is any doubt, here is the copied text of email from GMK for rough price qoute...

As you already mentioned our production team is really busy for the next months. Because we are the only company working with the original cherry toolings, the demand is very high. I do see a chance for full sets in spring (April/May 2013). Unfortunately MOQ for full sets is 400, can´t make an exception in this case. The whole production process is very quantity-dependent. The price for a full set will be around 60€, but I have to run the whole calculation for a final price.
Regards
Christoph Kredler

m_enamos you can stop trying to troll me or whatever it is you are hoping to do. As many people may know I don't run for profit buys, and never will. If I seek to make profits I will become a vendor.

Acanthophis

24 Jan 2013, 00:31

I hate the use of accents instead of apostrophes...

So, full sets = 104 US-ANSI? Plus the language packs makes it more expensive for all the non-ANSI users?
What about roadtangs approach? Not saying we should pressure GMK into selling it for 60€, but make the whole package available for like 80-100€?

IvanIvanovich

24 Jan 2013, 00:43

Once again it's preliminary information, and I will do my best. If it turns out adding the extra keys to the set is cheaper than having the additional pack that is the way we will go.

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

24 Jan 2013, 02:08

Thank You again lysol

inlikeflynn

24 Jan 2013, 05:43

and as predicted everyone not US-ANSI 104/101 is screwed now on beige, blue, & RGB options
http://www.originativeco.com

DanGWanG

24 Jan 2013, 05:47

At quite the markup too!

metafour

24 Jan 2013, 05:51

DanGWanG wrote:At quite the markup too!
What you talking about Willis?! Typical retail markup is 100% ...

(That's 2x cost)

Return to “Group buys”