GMK / Cherry doubleshot modifier packs (complete?)

RC-1140

24 Jan 2013, 19:38

I was seriously considering trying to punch him through my monitor when I read this. Not that I'm absolutely against capitalism, but I think we as a community should try to stay together, and be happy to help others get nice keycaps instead of trying to rip each other off like over at GH.

dirge

24 Jan 2013, 19:55

Start an interest check to hire some goons to do over anyone making ISO free gmk options.

I'd be rich and famous when I invent a way to stab people in the face over the internet..

dirge

24 Jan 2013, 20:00

..okay worst case... what about blanks and asking qwerkeys to engrave and backfill? Yes it will look terrible ..... need to stop posting anything in my head..

rodtang

24 Jan 2013, 20:02

dirge wrote:... need to stop posting anything in my head..
Maybe not everything but that was an awful idea...

dirge

24 Jan 2013, 20:13

I physically facepalmed after posting it...
We're not ready to give up. At the end of the day lots of new cherry sets in colour combinations can be created buy us. The vendors will be stuck with stock if we don't meet the demand, they'll have the classic/safe stuff sure..

Maybe something new? Not unicorn vomit mind..

agor

24 Jan 2013, 21:42

Just had a quick thought.. were windowed keys (Caps, Scroll Lock) taken into consideration?
Windowed Dolch, Red LED, Black/Red Litster Case Phantom... I NEED IT

IvanIvanovich

24 Jan 2013, 21:53

Yes, many people have suggested windowed caps. I don't know if there is enough interest to make it the default, but perhaps include in a special pack.

Current polling, trend on colorway took a big change. Dolch is still currently in the lead, but only just with SkiData and TA tied for 2nd by slim margins with handarbiet now in third. Language choice remains fairly steady with US, GB, DE and ES still in the majority in that order. SF and NO are likely to happen, FR is getting there, everything else is still up in the air.

guilleguillaume

25 Jan 2013, 00:43

I hope Handerbeit can make it :mrgreen:

Also this whole thing just got better and better: Shitstorm

phetto
Elite

25 Jan 2013, 00:47

Could you please do a Windowed F-row like on the wey boards. Without lettering.
Also a windowed normal F-row set. :D

IvanIvanovich

25 Jan 2013, 01:03

I will make a poll to gauge interest on special keys like windowed, clear first shot lock keys, swapped control/caps and others for special pack soon. Please feel free to suggest other ideas or specific keys that are outside the usual Cherry 1000/3000 and 1800 layout sets so I can collect those suggestions into the poll for those extras.

phetto
Elite

25 Jan 2013, 01:06

Perhaps we can get a arrow kit like the one on G80-2551HAD, with the two extra arrows on it. That would be pretty sweet imo.

Different caps locks that will match all sets
Handbag
Down arrow
Caps lock
yea you have better hang of all different capslocks.

My favorite is the downarrow.

Perhaps you can do media keys also?

Just brainstorming here..

Acanthophis

25 Jan 2013, 01:16

I will be happy with just a windowed/clear first shot caps lock, maybe a windowed/clear first shot scroll lock for the sugar on top.
But the more, the better. You'll never know :D

metafour

25 Jan 2013, 01:27

Seems like the entire situation is a hot mess.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

25 Jan 2013, 01:30

A Noppoo Choc Mini Spacebar wouldnt be possible, would it?

IvanIvanovich

25 Jan 2013, 01:34

Not unless they happen to already have a mold for that size (5.75?). Paying for new key molds will be very expensive.

Keep the ideas coming.

mr_frag

25 Jan 2013, 01:36

Guys... why not get first the 400 iso orders before noppoo space bars, windowed keycaps etc? ISO user have to be together or the gb would fail

IvanIvanovich

25 Jan 2013, 01:39

ISO is a lock, as are DE ES GB layout keys. Some other language keys are getting there. If I wasn't sure about that I wouldn't even be bringing up other topics. I have a lot of faith.

jabar

25 Jan 2013, 01:58

lysol wrote:I still want to keep groupbuy moving on. Don't loose hope.
lysol you're awesome and you'll get my support

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Jan 2013, 04:06

If I was into puny ABS keycaps or silly labels, which I am not, I would suspect GMK and their, uhm, business partners, are bleeding the keyboard communities, so the smart thing to do is counter attack by letting the air out of the market balloon, by showing no demand, until the pricing becomes more respectable. :evilgeek:

jabar

25 Jan 2013, 07:02

yes, vote with your wallet. Support community efforts.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

25 Jan 2013, 08:37

just wanted to say that I'm in and ready to support any ISO layout that needs loving even if I'm not going to use it. Thanks lysol for your efforts.

Jmneuv

25 Jan 2013, 10:55

webwit wrote:by showing no demand, until the pricing becomes more respectable. :evilgeek:
precisely, but it's hard to put that up against greedy notions;

shiverrr

25 Jan 2013, 11:15

Anyone got some good pictures of the TA set?

agor

25 Jan 2013, 13:09

GH is so unbelievably fucked up. This is no community anymore since 1 year or so.
Looked for a discussion thread here on DT and found nothing. If there is one please link :D

Gilgam

25 Jan 2013, 13:36

Since ripster had been banned from GH so ...

I liked that guy finally, he made me laugh.

eon

25 Jan 2013, 15:18

Was checking sherryton website yersterday and I realized that he had 6.25 spacebars on the pictures AND the sets are filco/whatever compatible. So this means that GMK can do center steemed 6.25 space bars now right ? didn't see anybody comment that

eon

25 Jan 2013, 15:19

The spacebars have sharp edges and square corners so I bet it is cherry ones...

IvanIvanovich

25 Jan 2013, 15:45

Right, spacebar should not be a problem. I think we will have 6, 6.25 and 7 sizes.

Here is another picture of TA green... not full set but show more than my artsy picture.

dirge

25 Jan 2013, 16:12

I do like that colour combo.

shiverrr

25 Jan 2013, 16:35

They look more greyish in the other photo. Will modifiers have another colour?

Return to “Group buys”