[Interest Check] Phantom PCB

jdcarpe

15 Dec 2012, 16:15

bavman wrote:We've gotten a go-ahead to use the Phantom PCB designs to run a GB.
We'll only be running just the PCBs, no controllers/switches/plates/diodes.
Switches and diodes are fairly common to find/source, and teensy controllers can be bought from PJRC electronics: http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html

Pricing is yet to be announced until I hear back from pcbwing, until then, the original GB ended up being $35.

Here are reference threads to info about the plate:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=26742.0
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=23572.0

Phantom PCB board borrowed from litster:
Last edited by jdcarpe on 17 Dec 2012, 18:56, edited 2 times in total.

BimboBB

15 Dec 2012, 19:01

Would be interested, but understand I need a PHISO plate. Is there any further Phantomplate GB planned in future?

7bit

15 Dec 2012, 19:06

I'm quite sure this is not my photo!

Also: Please order switches here:
CherryMX

Donbabbeo

15 Dec 2012, 19:33

7bit wrote:I'm quite sure this is not my photo!
If i'm not wrong it's from lister, or at least it's what they said on the GH GP :D
BTW, i'm in.

We are sure about no diode, plate and such?

pasph

15 Dec 2012, 19:47

Certainly someone on GH will run a kit (diodes, leds, stabilizers...) like exists for KMAC.
Problems are plate, PHISO125 PLEASE!, and case if you don't have a spare one Filco or Plu.

jdcarpe

15 Dec 2012, 19:56

7bit wrote:I'm quite sure this is not my photo!
Sorry, it didn't have his watermark, so I wasn't sure. And the wiki (where I linked it from) credits you, but I guess you're just the uploader to the wiki article.

jdcarpe

15 Dec 2012, 19:58

pasph wrote:Certainly someone on GH will run a kit (diodes, leds, stabilizers...) like exists for KMAC.
Problems are plate, PHISO125 PLEASE!, and case if you don't have a spare one Filco or Plu.
I'm fairly certain The_Beast (also a member here) will run a GB for plates when time for this GB and the GH60 GB draws near.

hoggy

15 Dec 2012, 22:14

I'm in for one.

simkev

15 Dec 2012, 23:35

Im in for one. out of curiosity, is it capable with pcb mounted switches?

Halverson

16 Dec 2012, 01:03

simkev wrote:Im in for one. out of curiosity, is it capable with pcb mounted switches?
Even if its plate mount only, you can cut the tabs off pcb mount switches to turn them into plate mount.

TheQsanity

16 Dec 2012, 03:00

35 seems like a good buy? How much is it for the parts of a whole boards?

jdcarpe

16 Dec 2012, 05:38

simkev wrote:Im in for one. out of curiosity, is it capable with pcb mounted switches?
The Phantom requires a plate for mounting. There are no holes on the PCB for PCB mounting. You can use PCB mount switches, but you'll have to first cut off the PCB mounting legs, as there are no holes in the PCB for them.

simkev

16 Dec 2012, 13:50

jdcarpe wrote:
The Phantom requires a plate for mounting. There are no holes on the PCB for PCB mounting. You can use PCB mount switches, but you'll have to first cut off the PCB mounting legs, as there are no holes in the PCB for them.
Thanks, that was what I wanted to know if you could "double mount" the switches, both with pins in the the pcb and a plate ontop that.

phetto
Elite

16 Dec 2012, 13:57

Im in for 5 or something like that =)

jdcarpe

17 Dec 2012, 18:55

bavman wrote: Okay a little update.

1) I think were going to keep the price at a flat $35
2) I will include 100 diodes with every plate included in the price just because its super cheap (<$1 for 100) if we buy a large quantity.
3) Shipping is yet to be decided, but from preliminary searches it will run around $7-8 for domestic and $12-15 for international. This includes shipping charges as well as shipping material (boxes, tape, lots of newspapers)
4) We need to decide on a LED color for the caps/scroll lock. Included with every board will be 2 LEDs for theses keys and 2 compatible resistors.

korne

17 Dec 2012, 21:46

I will but atleast 1-2 PCB's

insomnesia

18 Dec 2012, 05:39

I'm in for 10

jabar

18 Dec 2012, 09:22

I'd be down for one, but I hope there is a concurrent plate GB soon.

bavman

19 Dec 2012, 20:10

jdcarpe

19 Dec 2012, 20:19

Return to “Group buys”