[IC] DSA spherical

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 09:35

Okay guys, this might be it. The best set you've ever had :)

Standard TKL Cream on Coffee

Mods in Coffee

C64 first release kit, white on mustard

Elegance kit, cream on plum (because it's just too good not to make it!)

Numpad kit

Ergodox kit, I placed this alone because it's 32 darn keys just for that :twisted:

Icarium

30 Jan 2013, 09:53

This is totally going the way of Round 4. :p

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 09:58

a huge success? :)

anyway, I might reintegrate the ergodox

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 09:59

Icarium wrote:This is totally going the way of Round 4. :p
oi you stay positive :P

Kit 4, white on mustard, rather than have the three end keys (scrolllock) what about doing the arrow cluster?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 10:03

dirge wrote:Kit 4, white on mustard, rather than have the three end keys (scrolllock) what about doing the arrow cluster?
well, you need the full row, don't you? why you say so? Is that a layout from some arcane keyboard?

we might add the arrow cluster that wouldn't impact that much on pricing

pasph

30 Jan 2013, 10:08

I can't see images from work but please put ISO kit (3 keys or 2 keys if mods kit) in each different color kit

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 10:11

pasph wrote:I can't see images from work but please put ISO kit (3 keys or 2 keys if mods kit) in each different color kit
they are already there :)

please note that the mustard kit includes just the function row (is there something I can do to have you access to the pics?)

pasph

30 Jan 2013, 10:15

Don't worry I have full confidence in you

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 11:24

on GH they say this set has an European style. Don't know if that's a compliment :)

tjweir

30 Jan 2013, 12:00

I take back my previous comment, this keyset is looking great!

Halverson

30 Jan 2013, 12:09

Ok, I wasn't too interested....then I see the cream in plum. So many nice earthy colours. Should try to incorporate that lime green somehow as well.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 12:20

Is there interest for a 4.5 units DCS spacebar?

pasph

30 Jan 2013, 12:34

Halverson wrote:Ok, I wasn't too interested....then I see the cream in plum. So many nice earthy colours. Should try to incorporate that lime green somehow as well.
If this go well maybe will be a 2nd run with different colors.
So GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY Join the crowd!

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 12:56

matt3o wrote:
dirge wrote:Kit 4, white on mustard, rather than have the three end keys (scrolllock) what about doing the arrow cluster?
well, you need the full row, don't you? why you say so? Is that a layout from some arcane keyboard?

we might add the arrow cluster that wouldn't impact that much on pricing
Im sure ill be wrong but I always saw scroll lock row not being part if function row but part of the home cluster.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 13:02

dirge wrote: Im sure ill be wrong but I always saw scroll lock row not being part if function row but part of the home cluster.
yeah, that would be a very special kit. we might instead have the right 3 columns in mustard, very C64ish... but looking at the Toxic kit on GH I like the horizontal line.

RC-1140

30 Jan 2013, 13:23

I still can't settle for cream on mustard. I never saw a C64 in person which had this color scheme, and I still don't like it. Once again, I would prefer pebble grey instead of mustard.

But that's just on behalf of creating a C64 lookalike set, which is exactly what I want.

But I have to admit, that cream on plum looks nice as well.

With the current configuration I would probably buy
2x Kit 1
2x Kit 2
1x Kit 3
1x Kit 5

or

1x Kit 1
1x Kit 1
1x Kit 3

depending on the price.

By the way, is there anybody here, who really wants the Function row in brown? Otherwise I might propose changing the Color of the Function Row in the default kit.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 13:47

RC-1140 wrote:By the way, is there anybody here, who really wants the Function row in brown? Otherwise I might propose changing the Color of the Function Row in the default kit.
This is the color we are trying to replicate:

I believe that mustard goes extremely well together with coffee, but it's not written on stone, I'd be happy with grey too.

RC-1140

30 Jan 2013, 14:00

It's just I never saw this color on a C64 except in this photo. The color scheme I know on every single C64 I've seen is this:

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 14:00

RC-1140 wrote:I still can't settle for cream on mustard. I never saw a C64 in person which had this color scheme, and I still don't like it. Once again, I would prefer pebble grey instead of mustard.

Sorry when I posted that pic I should have been clearer. The first batch of c64's used a lot of vic20 parts.

So maybe a commodore group buy, vic20 and c64 ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 14:04

dirge wrote:Sorry when I posted that pic I should have been clearer. The first batch of c64's used a lot of vic20 parts.
indeed the kit is called "C64 first release" :)

anyway this is our set not mine. if people prefer grey, grey it is.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 14:24

to have a better idea of how they would look like

grey

mustard

I love both :)

metalliqaz

30 Jan 2013, 14:38

Tough call, but if you are including the Commodore mod keys, then the grey looks more "Commodore" to me. I don't really care either way though.

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 14:40

Yeah for the sake of a few extra keys I'd get both. can you do a pic with home row all brown including scroll and the arrows in the ligher colour please? See them side by side.

7bit

30 Jan 2013, 14:42

I would prefer it to be all brown with red Escape and green Retrun (just a few keys in different colors), but not a 2-color-scheme!

When I take a kit I need the following extras:
1 units:
- lock-symbol aus Round 4 -
+
&
=
< (
> )
~ :
~

1.25 units
Return or Line or CR or LF or something similar

1.5 units:
2x Shift
2x Hyper

Nice to see there will be enough space bars for me in the ErgoDoc kit.
:-)

RC-1140

30 Jan 2013, 14:50

matt3o wrote: grey
Now we're getting close to perfection imho!

7bit

30 Jan 2013, 15:04

The grey looks bad. If at all it should be that beige. But except for Escape I will not use any of these anyway!

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 15:13

look even commodore messed up the colour scheme!

Didn't know they did monitors
That doesn't look bad, just isn't c64. The colours work well together mind.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 15:26

great... now I'm totally confused :)

I love that green return though. If there's no interest for a mustard (or grey or whatever) row I'll waive that out.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Jan 2013, 15:30

dirge wrote:Yeah for the sake of a few extra keys I'd get both. can you do a pic with home row all brown including scroll and the arrows in the ligher colour please? See them side by side.
you mean like so?

7bit wrote: When I take a kit I need the following extras:
we could make an "extras kit" instead of the mustard row, but it would be extremely difficult to pick what to place inside :)

dirge

30 Jan 2013, 15:37

thanks very much :) quite like it. Guess it's upto the masses mind.

Return to “Group buys”