DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)

Muirium
µ

22 Jun 2013, 13:33

Piers Cawley wrote:Image
Maltronstein with new keycaps by pdcawley, on Flickr

Here's mine installed in a Teensy brained Maltron. Next task is to re case that lot in something a bit more bespoke (and ideally replace the doubled keys in the thumb cluster with single 2u keys. The doubly mounted ones that I got as part of the set come up way too stiff by comparison with the ones next to them.

Maybe if I refitted them with Cherry reds rather than browns.

Anyway... lovely keys. Much nicer than the Maltron supplied keys they replace.
Beware Maltronstein! Showing just how adaptable DSA profile caps can be.

You might well be in luck for 2u spares: I was going to delve into Matteo's stock of blanks but don't need to now that I'm on the DSA Dolch train. I can just imagine how mind warpingly insane an experience managing the spares in a GB like this can be, but sweet spare parts joined together sounds just the ticket for your monster, doctor!

As for switches: this is an ergo! Reds across the board.

Piers Cawley

23 Jun 2013, 14:44

Nah. I like browns. But I do need to pull all the caps and O-ring them.

Slavfot

26 Jun 2013, 17:03

Is it only me that doesn't have recieved the caps?
I haven't even got the shipping information. Can't wait to put these on my keyboard.

Hahnebambel

26 Jun 2013, 17:24

Nope...
The Last record of my package iss 11 May leaving USA.

I guess the Zoll took my beautiful caps and use them on their own :)

Gilgam

26 Jun 2013, 21:53

Just a picture of a new keyboard :-)
I have AZERTY with random layout for others than alphanum... :mrgreen:
compaq mx11800 and DSA commodore keycaps
compaq mx11800 and DSA commodore keycaps
compaCommodore.JPG (133.55 KiB) Viewed 7247 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Jun 2013, 23:15

that is something!

Muirium
µ

26 Jun 2013, 23:38

Indeed, like coffee barely mixed with cream. (Although quite what the red, grey and green would be in that metaphor I don't know…)

I like the numpad being hoist way over there past the trackball, where it belongs. A bit of the best of both worlds.

Gilgam

27 Jun 2013, 08:00

Yes i love that keyboard, the trackball is unfortunately not sensitive enough (i have a cst 3200dpi on the left :-) )
There were few days ago a compaq mx 11800 on leboncoin (french ebay like). If someone is interested in ...
I can proxy.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Jul 2013, 07:44

Call to action!

Did anyone receive two 1! keys? Please speak out, there's a fellow Deskthorian who misses it and we don't have the replacement for it yet.

suka
frobiac

03 Jul 2013, 15:01

Didn't receive any doubles, but this morning the stem of my grey arrow key broke off when I wanted to remove the cap.
It was on a new MX red switch and yes, I used an appropriate puller and applied only vertical force, moderately, or the switch might have been pulled from the frame also, so I hope it was an already defective cap.
Why did it have to be one of the only few grey ones I have (and can use), I wonder? Super-glued it back on and hope it will survive next time...
On another note: Anyone noticed single o-rings do not dampen at all due to a much longer stem / no cross-shaped supports under the cap? I'll need to use two to have any effect.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Jul 2013, 15:08

suka wrote:Didn't receive any doubles, but this morning the stem of my grey arrow key broke off when I wanted to remove the cap.
It was on a new MX red switch and yes, I used an appropriate puller and applied only vertical force, moderately, or the switch might have been pulled from the frame also, so I hope it was an already defective cap.
Why did it have to be one of the only few grey ones I have (and can use), I wonder? Super-glued it back on and hope it will survive next time...
On another note: Anyone noticed single o-rings do not dampen at all due to a much longer stem / no cross-shaped supports under the cap? I'll need to use two to have any effect.
I'll try to have it replaced. But in the meantime epoxy glue it! It works and it resists a nuclear winter.

akuji13

03 Jul 2013, 15:10

suka wrote: On another note: Anyone noticed single o-rings do not dampen at all due to a much longer stem / no cross-shaped supports under the cap? I'll need to use two to have any effect.
Jap.

But thats nothing special, a have lot a caps that need two rings.
For example all 2shot keys i ordered from techkeys.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

04 Jul 2013, 14:27

I received some spares from samwisekoi, going to ship missing caps to:

laladila
fireglow
madscientist46
hzza

bpierre

04 Jul 2013, 15:57

What about my missing G? :-|

MadScienitst46

04 Jul 2013, 16:48

matt3o wrote:I received some spares from samwisekoi, going to ship missing caps to:

laladila
fireglow
madscientist46
hzza
Mille grazie!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

04 Jul 2013, 17:18

bpierre wrote:What about my missing G? :-|
with the next round.

We are waiting for the Asians to get their sets and add their missing caps

bpierre

04 Jul 2013, 17:39

matt3o wrote:
with the next round.

OK, thanks.

katamari

08 Jul 2013, 02:52

Hello folks!
More than a month after deliver I finally got some time to unpack the holy box and have pleasure my tipro with some decent keycaps ;)

However now I notice some very unpleasant mistake, which was already on the order confirmation, but that i didn't notice at the time. I received an iso set instead of a mod 1u. Is there a possibility to fix this?
Has someone a spare 1u mod set willing to trade?

akuji13

08 Jul 2013, 10:14

Which mod you need?

If you dont find someone to trade, i like to buy the iso set from you. ;)

katamari

08 Jul 2013, 13:22

Hi Akuji, its the kit 7 i'm looking for, with at best, all of the keys ;)

I prefer to wait a bit before selling the iso kit. But I will keep that in mind.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jul 2013, 13:31

@katamari, I double checked your order but there's no sign of mod-100 there. So basically you received an ISO kit by mistake. I would ask you to return that IF (only IF) someone claims it.

@akuji13, what do you need of the ISO kit?

akuji13

08 Jul 2013, 14:47

katamari wrote:But I will keep that in mind.
Great. 8-)
matt3o wrote:@akuji13, what do you need of the ISO kit?
If possible two complete kit 5.

katamari

08 Jul 2013, 22:55

matt3o wrote:@katamari, I double checked your order but there's no sign of mod-100 there. So basically you received an ISO kit by mistake. I would ask you to return that IF (only IF) someone claims it.
Well now you can triple check and will see that I also paid for it, so the mistake happend before the invoice, probably in teh script. Anyway, I paid for it, so it is mine to keep or sell if I fancy so. 8-)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jul 2013, 23:49

katamari wrote:
matt3o wrote:@katamari, I double checked your order but there's no sign of mod-100 there. So basically you received an ISO kit by mistake. I would ask you to return that IF (only IF) someone claims it.
Well now you can triple check and will see that I also paid for it, so the mistake happend before the invoice, probably in teh script. Anyway, I paid for it, so it is mine to keep or sell if I fancy so. 8-)
I have to double check with samwisekoi, he took care of the payments. Your order doesn't have either ISO or MOD-100.

katamari

30 Jul 2013, 05:35

Hey Matt!
Any news about my issues?

bpierre

18 Aug 2013, 13:34

matt3o wrote:
with the next round.

Any news?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Aug 2013, 14:08

The last batch of missing keys are in production.

bpierre

18 Aug 2013, 14:14

matt3o wrote:The last batch of missing keys are in production.
OK, thanks.

Nik

20 Aug 2013, 03:23

Any hope of another group buy? :mrgreen: These keys look great! I would love a set for my soon-to-be ergo dox.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Aug 2013, 10:53

have a look at the classified (especially on geekhack). the GB won't be replicated :P

Return to “Group buys”