[IC] GMK Alpha sets

IvanIvanovich

26 Jun 2013, 02:06

Next on the agenda is Alpha sets. There have been a LOT of different colorways proposed, but I have picked what I feel are the most 'popular' from prior IC to streamline the process. You can place your VOTE HERE for what you would like to see in regard to colorway for our next GMK groupbuy.

Alpha Base set - GENERIC
layout neutral base set, has all keys needed for typical keyboard but without any language specific keys.

Alpha language pack 1 - US/GB/JA (United States, Great Britain, Japan)
has punctuation, numeric row and additional characters specific to the included language layouts.
Also considering adding BR/MX (Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish [ANSI]) to this pack.

[placeholder]
Alpha language pack 2 - DE/DK/ES/IT/NO/PT/SF (Germany, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Sweden/Finland)
has punctuation, numeric row and additional characters specific to the included language layouts.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

white on black OR white on purple NAV

white on black MOD pack

VOTE HERE
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 25 Jul 2013, 21:25, edited 6 times in total.

damorgue

26 Jun 2013, 02:59

Revealing the results and not allowing people to suggest colourways is probably a mistake. Either way, finally happy to see a non-flamboyant option. I would have joined the previous GMK GB or the PBT dyesub GB as well if it weren't for the crazy colour schemes.

Is it possible to buy several language packs? Should we enter our name several times then? Do we have to buy an alpha set for each language set?

IvanIvanovich

26 Jun 2013, 03:07

I intend to offer each thing as it's own item. So for example if you only wanted to buy language pack 2, that is fine.

tlt

26 Jun 2013, 09:34

I have been waiting for this, got to have that language pack 2. Thanks for all the GMK GB work!

ForestFunK

26 Jun 2013, 09:58

I'm really liking the language option, great stuff. Any chance for a fitting moogle kit? I know there was a purple one.

The result list not public, btw.

dirge

26 Jun 2013, 10:27

looong shot but a request to judge interest in a dirge's dream function row?

BimboBB

26 Jun 2013, 10:58

voted for grey langauage pack 2! I hope you will manage to get these language packs through.

Grond

26 Jun 2013, 11:23

ForestFunK wrote:Any chance for a fitting moogle kit?
+1

Paranoid

26 Jun 2013, 11:30

No chance you'll make a Belgium layout or a Belgium/French language pack? I don't think other countries use this layout except some in Africa, or so says the mighty wikipedia :D
So much pressure to change to qwerty with all these awesome groupbuys..but I don't want to! ^^

pasph

26 Jun 2013, 11:37

The blue seems the same Imsto sells, green is very similar to CCnG etc..
Those colors maybe are "popular" but those tones are nothing special
I would have preferred only 1 big language pack, but that's just me

maxmalkav
dye hard

26 Jun 2013, 13:09

Something like yellow on grey or yellow on black would be nice.

Make the "yolch" happen! ;)

Just saying, I really appreciate the effort of Ivan about this.

IvanIvanovich

26 Jun 2013, 15:43

Perhaps the color mock ups don't do justice to the colors. I have all of the colors as actual keys so I will make a picture and post it a bit later on.
IF there was enough interest to make a BE/FR pack I certainly would. Things can change, but I took most of these results from the previous interest checks. So I am not just deciding arbitrarily the options. They were chosen by the communities from much larger pool of options that were offered before.

I have some messages that seem to be a bit confused about some things, so I will take some time to explain and hopefully give some understandable answer.
Why does the base set exist? It has most of the keys you need, you would need base+language pack to have a full set of legend keys for your layout. For those that layout is not offered due to not enough users to support, they have the ability to use only the base set with it's blank keys if they don't wish to have characters from some other layout. This solution may also be OK for those that don't have as much money to spend.
Why these color choices? I try offering some 'safe' color options without being too boring, and also without ruining the future for some colorways as they will be better served when we can run all the pieces in the same colors at once.
With the white/Xcolor type you can use them with the previous buys purple, common white/black or Dolch sets and they should work well with any of those.

I mostly am doing this Alpha only buy as I want to try out the system I made up for how the base set+language packs will work out so things can go smoothly in the future. If it fails to gather enough interest, we will simply start fresh with a single colorway for alpha/language/nav/mod packs to run all together in same buy to have full set and it may just be a bit messier the first time.

tlt

26 Jun 2013, 17:40

I like this system with a generic base set and addons for languages etc, its modular and easy to understand.

Jmneuv

26 Jun 2013, 18:12

Easy?? Only if you can decide with your autonomic nervous system alone it'll be easy enough..

rindorbrot

26 Jun 2013, 20:24

Put my vote in for Grey and Pack 2.
I can't really see any of the other color options go with the purple mods...

Halverson

26 Jun 2013, 21:12

White on green, awe yee.

korne

26 Jun 2013, 21:14

Voted!

tlt

26 Jun 2013, 21:38

rindorbrot wrote:Put my vote in for Grey and Pack 2.
I feel the same way

Sputnik

26 Jun 2013, 23:05

submitted, thanks Ivan...

rindorbrot

26 Jun 2013, 23:11

For better color reference, what kind of Shift is the grey one? Dolch?

Halvar

26 Jun 2013, 23:12

tlt wrote:
rindorbrot wrote:Put my vote in for Grey and Pack 2.
I feel the same way
I voted in the same way, too. And I also very much like Ivan's language pack system, I really hope my fellow Germans will be all over this.

Jmneuv

26 Jun 2013, 23:23

hmm grey+blue..
green+purple should find some fans..

pasph

27 Jun 2013, 00:06

Jmneuv wrote:green+purple should find some fans..
The color blind people?

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Jun 2013, 00:12

Jmneuv

27 Jun 2013, 00:14

Last edited by Jmneuv on 27 Jun 2013, 00:17, edited 2 times in total.

IvanIvanovich

27 Jun 2013, 00:14

Why you no like purple and green? Are you Jokering me? Hulk SMASH!!!

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Jun 2013, 00:22

In other words, psychopaths and freaks.

pasph

27 Jun 2013, 01:18

Another one

Peter

27 Jun 2013, 01:21

NO, IT'S WRONG !
The nice Cherry -'SHIFT'-caps DO NOT have BOTH 'arrow' & written 'SHIFT' on them !
And when I finally find a set that has that detail right : It looks like a goddamn cross-Nordic rainbow-parade :)

So :
Why don't I just make my own group-buy ?
Because :

160DKR starting-fee for customs-processing
PLUS
60DKR pr following line in the invoice
PLUS
Europes highest sales-tax, 25%, on the entire invoice, including shipping AND the customs-fee !!!

And then comes what is perhaps Europes most unreasonable shipping-charges -
It's so goddamn unreasonable expensive that it almost makes me go 'postal' !!!!!!

Halvar

27 Jun 2013, 01:34

Depends on the language. ANSI caps do.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:Cherry_3000_front.jpg

EDIT: You ninja-edited me. You're right, the nicer layouts have only symbols. I like that about the purple set, and I have no reason to believe that Ivan will change that path for new mod sets.
Last edited by Halvar on 27 Jun 2013, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group buys”