SSK PACKAGE DEAL 11 FOR 1850 USD SHIPPED!

tinnie

28 Dec 2013, 11:35

Ugh... I think I already did a better job on DE's shipment. :|

snoopy

28 Dec 2013, 12:23

Compared to the UK ones, these look like they fought in WWII... on german side :evilgeek:

tinnie

28 Dec 2013, 12:51

Meh. :/

snoopy

28 Dec 2013, 13:01

Found 4 more keys somewhere in the package between cardboard and foil layers.
so we currently have:
1x kishsaver missing one key
1x kishsaver with two broken keys
1x kishsaver with one broken key

the box has a lot of "dhl repack" packingtape on the underside, so maybe that one got lost somewhere.

@tinnie: don't worry too much. I think all of the participants are happy that they get the once-in-a-life chance to get their hands on one of those kishsavers with your help. I just hope nobody expects to get a board that looks like new after cleaning...

Muirium
µ

28 Dec 2013, 13:42

May I take this opportunity to thank her Majesty's Customs and Excise for their laziness above and beyond the call of duty! Tinnie's careful packaging was all still intact when I collected our box. They hadn't bothered to unwrap anything inside the outer box, and might not even have had a look inside.

Even a Kishsaver can get really beaten up when unprotected from all those other heavy Kishsavers jangling with it. Ouch!

snoopy

28 Dec 2013, 14:17

This is the heaviest and most solid keyboard I ever had in my hands. Unbelievable...

rindorbrot

28 Dec 2013, 14:55

But I wanted a NIB one!
:lol: just kidding, I'd be fine with one that's missing a key or two, since I will swap the keys from a Model m in there anyway...

Monster-Toys

29 Dec 2013, 12:50

Missing key(s) would not be a big issue for me, but i am not sure if a am technically versed enough to rapair a sticky Spacebar (would need your help if i get one of those^^).
I hoped to get one with not sooo much damage on the paint :| (the boards in Mus pictures looked surprisingly good shaped so I had been glad too early as it seems) ... ahhh we will see.
(hate DHL :evil:)

(nonetheless i am very happy for this oppurtunity, so big big thanks to Tinnie and Snoopy!!! :mrgreen: )

Muirium
µ

29 Dec 2013, 15:44

I've just been cleaning up my Kishsaver (the cleanest looking one of the UK bunch) and even it needs some paint here and there. They're tough as nails, but these guys are 30 years old. Or 2013-1986 = 27 years old in my one's case.

One of the four I proxied had a jammed right column of keys, so I followed Soarer's advice and went in to adjust it. (A simple screwdriver adjustment.) Fixed fine. Now I've opened mine as well, I find it didn't even have the screws installed! Yet it feels okay. I'll likely add them now anyway. Other than that, its foam is flaky (the layer in the main buckling spring mechanism, right under the hammers if they're like a Model M) so I might wind up bolt modding it if this is a show stopper.

Actually, where are the bolts? Looks like there's plastic tabs holding all the goods together instead. Wonder if this means it's also moddable? Because there are two empty barrels and I could always mod the layout…

tinnie

31 Dec 2013, 07:49

ok ssk is back in stock

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

31 Dec 2013, 18:23

Group buy, anyone?

Muirium
µ

31 Dec 2013, 18:54

I like how Tinnie's getting so many keyboards at a time now that group buys are his preferred way of staying sane.

If you ever wind up finding some beam springs, Tinnie, you know we want those too!

lcg

01 Jan 2014, 02:59

RaleghDirat wrote:Group buy, anyone?
I'm willing to be part of a group buy. I'd love to buy an SSK.

snoopy

02 Jan 2014, 14:09

pic...

going to send pms today

IMG_1054.jpg
IMG_1054.jpg (925.13 KiB) Viewed 5562 times

Halvar

02 Jan 2014, 14:28

Ja zum Beugelbuddelbier!

tinnie

02 Jan 2014, 14:40

Wie bitte?

snoopy

02 Jan 2014, 14:47

Kein Leben ohne Bölkstoff

Ja zur Bügelflasche!

Muirium
µ

02 Jan 2014, 18:08

lcg wrote:
RaleghDirat wrote:Group buy, anyone?
I'm willing to be part of a group buy. I'd love to buy an SSK.
You've been waiting ages, Icg, as I remember you were part of last summer's Taobao Group Buy of Doom. Someone make this happen!

snoopy

02 Jan 2014, 19:04

PMs sent.

pasph

02 Jan 2014, 19:23

Waiting for some beam springs. ..

mr_a500

02 Jan 2014, 19:29

I know this is a silly question... but are there any "Kishsavers" left?

Muirium
µ

02 Jan 2014, 20:28

Muah ha ha!!

mr_a500

02 Jan 2014, 20:30

A simple "ha ha!" would have been fine, but a "Muah ha ha!!" is just cruel.

snoopy

06 Jan 2014, 16:48

All kishsavers shipped. Will send trackingnumbers later. :)

Muirium
µ

06 Jan 2014, 16:52

What did you ship them in? I raided the attic and used a bunch of graphics card and motherboard boxes to send on the UK Kishsavers. Tinnie's bubble wrap and Hong Kong newspapers helped of course!

snoopy

06 Jan 2014, 16:55

I collected some boxes and packaging material over the last weeks from stuff me or my gf bought online. Some old newspapers helped to fill the last space in the boxes.

Monster-Toys

08 Jan 2014, 18:24

Today dhl handed my Kish on to my father, i will get it in one and a half week \o/.
It has the enter and the reset key \o/.
From now on i will introduce myself to anybody i will ever meet like "Hello, I have seen David Bowie life in concert and i am a Kishsaver-owner" (in random order).

Thx Tinnie and Snoopy :).

rindorbrot

08 Jan 2014, 19:49

Mine should be here tomorrow, I am already quite excited ;)

Edit: here it is!

Thanks Tinnie and Snoopy!

RougeRambo

27 Apr 2014, 17:42

anything left?

alh84001
v.001

15 Apr 2017, 06:55

no one got bored with theirs yet? :P

Return to “Group buys”