Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

raaaajs

12 Sep 2016, 07:36

Just sent my payment for my order of the following:

-HONEYB/SIXTYBASE/GREY
-HONEYB/ALPHA/E/WHITE

First question - will I receive some form of confirmation that I did everything correctly and will indeed receive the caps?

Second - I'm extremely new to this and the more I read, the more I'm confusing myself, so I figured I'd just ask :) Is there any ETA on when I can expect to receive these or when they're expected to ship? From what I understand, Round 6 is still in production, so is it safe to assume that it may be a while? Thanks in advance!

7bit

12 Sep 2016, 08:25

raaaajs wrote: Just sent my payment for my order of the following:

-HONEYB/SIXTYBASE/GREY
-HONEYB/ALPHA/E/WHITE

First question - will I receive some form of confirmation that I did everything correctly and will indeed receive the caps?

Second - I'm extremely new to this and the more I read, the more I'm confusing myself, so I figured I'd just ask :) Is there any ETA on when I can expect to receive these or when they're expected to ship? From what I understand, Round 6 is still in production, so is it safe to assume that it may be a while? Thanks in advance!
Just ask the bot from time to time if the payment info has been updated.
;-)

And no, I can't tell you when SP is finishing the caps.
:roll:

Hopefully until the end of this year. They where supposed to ship the first batch a few weeks ago, but they are still working on the keys, because they had forgotten to produce all of them
:cry:

priyadi

12 Sep 2016, 12:15

raaaajs wrote: First question - will I receive some form of confirmation that I did everything correctly and will indeed receive the caps?

That's totally not how this group buy works.

Instead you order stuff and forget about them. In a few months (or years, even), you will be pleasantly surprised to see the package delivered to you. Then you try to remember why you bought the stuff in the first place, and wonder if you still have the keyboard intended for these new caps. If you no longer have the keyboard, then you tell yourself that at least you have improved your 7bit groupbuy rank :)

7bit

12 Sep 2016, 13:26

I could not have explained that better!
:evilgeek:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Sep 2016, 13:33

I bet sales would improve if the ranks were public ;)

Griffy

12 Sep 2016, 14:53

Omg I made it but it cost me about $430 :shock:

HONEYB/ALPHA/E/WHITE 2
HONEYB/INTER/WHITE 2
HONEYB/ISO/GREY
HONEYB/SIXTYBASE/GREY
HONEYB/JRET/RED
HONEYB/CURSOR/GREY
HONEYB/CURSORBASE/GREY
HONEYB/FUNCTION/BLACK
HONEYB/FUNCTION1/RED
HONEYB/F1TOF12/GREY
HONEYB/SPACE625/WHITE 2
HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY
HONEYB/NUMNUM/GREY
HONEYB/NUMOP/WHITE
HONEYB/ESCAPE/GREY
HONEYB/SHIFT100/GREY
HONEYB/ISO/WHITE
HONEYB/MODBASE125/WHITE
HONEYB/TAB150/WHITE
HONEYB/CAPSLOCK175S/WHITE
HONEYB/BACKSPACE200/RED
HONEYB/R1U200/BLUE
HONEYB/SHIFT275/WHITE
HONEYB/SHIFT100/WHITE

So Im making the honeywell tenkeyless but also im looking to build a numpad.
I also need to find (buy or build) a 60% ISO nordic board so I got the caps for that.

Oh, i also need to buy an actual keyboard for the honeywell lol, and since im kinda limided needing the iso NOrdic im thinking either a CODE or just a wasd, its basically choice of clear vs brown but clear also has the backlighting.

So to sum it up:
1. tkl iso board (code/wasd or novatouch seems to be available)
2. Numpad kit....i have no idea wich will be a good choice here to match the honeywell <--shout out if you know something nice
3. 60% iso kit preferably....i have no idea where to get this.. <--shout out if you wanna help

I have this old lenovo keyboard at work wich is the target for the tkl honeywell + numpad. This will be my main keyboard doin most the typing and designing security systems omg.

Right now im at home typing on a logitech nuovo ..so say no more.

phinix

12 Sep 2016, 15:49

GriffDeLaGriff wrote:
So to sum it up:
1. tkl iso board (code/wasd or novatouch seems to be available)
Novatouch is dead, EOL.

Griffy

12 Sep 2016, 19:51

There are some on Ebay but yeah no iso. Any other recomendations beside code or wasd for a clean iso-tkl ?

eddible

12 Sep 2016, 20:06

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: There are some on Ebay but yeah no iso. Any other recomendations beside code or wasd for a clean iso-tkl ?
Not sure what your budget is but Winkeyless do a really gorgeous TKL and forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure their PCB supports ISO. I'm pretty sure they do them fully assembled if you contact them. http://winkeyless.kr/product/b-87-pcb-x2/

Griffy

12 Sep 2016, 21:31

Thanks. Budget is zero, but since i just spent $400 on caps i really need something nice to put them on, so I have to. What is the normal cap to keyboard ratio?

I could build it if its worth it :geek:

To me that was a little too futuristic tho. The code is still number one choice. Any thought on why I shouldn't get that? I like how clean it is.

7bit

12 Sep 2016, 21:58

In a few days, I re-start the work on all those Hyper keyboards.

A PCB is really cheap, like 20-30 EUR.
Controller? ca. 20 EUR.

Mount plates will be around 10 EUR each. A complete case might be in the range of 30-60 EUR.

Now come the expansize things:
Switches: 0.65 EUR per switch, but you might use those cheap fake Cherrys which come for free, directly from China. Chinese can produce great quality (I remember the Phantom PCB or one of my Nikon lenses), but Gaterons are just junk!
:mad:

So, if your keyboard comes with 104 keys, you need to pay around 150 EUR for the keyboard and about 125 EUR for the keys, if you order a STD-kit from Round 7 at 25% pre-order rebate!
:cool:

You can save money if you use used switches, or those Gaterons.

:o

eddible

12 Sep 2016, 22:15

7bit wrote: Gaterons are just junk!
Shots fired!

raaaajs

12 Sep 2016, 23:16

priyadi wrote: Instead you order stuff and forget about them. In a few months (or years, even), you will be pleasantly surprised to see the package delivered to you. Then you try to remember why you bought the stuff in the first place, and wonder if you still have the keyboard intended for these new caps. If you no longer have the keyboard, then you tell yourself that at least you have improved your 7bit groupbuy rank
7bit wrote: Just ask the bot from time to time if the payment info has been updated.
LOL, thanks for the responses. This set will be worth the wait regardless.

Also, I made my payment via PayPal yesterday, then did the check with the bot for an update today, but I'm now being sent a Google Wallet only invoice. Will this resolve itself? Hoping to have my payment confirmed for the last order before ordering from Round 7.

ischeinfeld

12 Sep 2016, 23:55

When is the deadline for payment for Round 6 and 5 leftovers, if we are paying with Google Wallet?

uflatg

13 Sep 2016, 01:59

I ordered HoneyB.
But I don't know how to pay for it.
(My paypal ID is different form deskthority e-mail)
please check my message and reply :)

chuckdee

13 Sep 2016, 04:02

ischeinfeld wrote: When is the deadline for payment for Round 6 and 5 leftovers, if we are paying with Google Wallet?
I think it's 7 days after the invoice date.

Griffy

13 Sep 2016, 13:05

7bit wrote: In a few days, I re-start the work on all those Hyper keyboards.

Controller? ca. 20 EUR.

Mount plates will be around 10 EUR each. A complete case might be in the range of 30-60 EUR.

Now come the expansize things:
Switches: 0.65 EUR per switch, but you might use those cheap fake Cherrys which come for free, directly from China. Chinese can produce great quality (I remember the Phantom PCB or one of my Nikon lenses), but Gaterons are just junk!

So, if your keyboard comes with 104 keys, you need to pay around 150 EUR for the keyboard and about 125 EUR for the keys, if you order a STD-kit from Round 7 at 25% pre-order rebate!
:cool:

You can save money if you use used switches, or those Gaterons.

:o

Is there a description of this somewhere?

Griffy

13 Sep 2016, 14:12

Also another question.

I really want a stepped capslock but couldn't find it in the Round-6 so settled for a stepped Control.
But while searching the Round-5 leftovers for funsies, I find a stepped capslock! (ermagherd! \ :P /)

If I order the r5 one, will it have the same font? They look a little different.

I want this one from r5: HONEY/MOD175S (Modifier 1.75 stepped kit
wiki/File:HONEY_MOD175S.png

Instead of the: HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY (CONTROL (r 3, 1.75 u)
w/images/e/eb/HONEYB_CONTROL175_GREY.png

Will they be interchangable with same color/font?

ischeinfeld

13 Sep 2016, 17:18

Controller? ca. 20 EUR.

Does this include the Hyper7

julientaq

13 Sep 2016, 22:35

Hey

cant find how to enable tracking for my shippment.

How do you say that to the bot?

usopia

14 Sep 2016, 00:01

Hi Julien,
send just SHIPTRACKED to the bot. ;)
Last edited by usopia on 14 Sep 2016, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

julientaq

14 Sep 2016, 00:02

done,

Thanks!

7bit

14 Sep 2016, 09:24

ischeinfeld wrote:

Controller? ca. 20 EUR.

Does this include the Hyper7
Yes, but prices are more expansive, becuase of the larger size.
GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Also another question.

I really want a stepped capslock but couldn't find it in the Round-6 so settled for a stepped Control.
But while searching the Round-5 leftovers for funsies, I find a stepped capslock! (ermagherd! \ :P /)

If I order the r5 one, will it have the same font? They look a little different.

I want this one from r5: HONEY/MOD175S (Modifier 1.75 stepped kit
wiki/File:HONEY_MOD175S.png

Instead of the: HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY (CONTROL (r 3, 1.75 u)
w/images/e/eb/HONEYB_CONTROL175_GREY.png

Will they be interchangable with same color/font?
Round 4/5/6 legends will match. In Round 7, the TEXT LEGENDS will be larger than in Round 4/5/6. Anything else will match if the colors match.

The Round 5 mockup graphics are in the older format, which is not accurately showing how the legends should look like.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

14 Sep 2016, 09:27

Maybe you can add a FAQ section to the website and put such information in there. Otherwise this question will be answere hundreds of times over the next 12 years.

mecano

14 Sep 2016, 10:32

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Is there a description of this somewhere?
You can check previous GB thread group-buys-f50/hyper-keyboard-group-buy-t8673.html I guess.

Osamu Sho

15 Sep 2016, 10:39

SL89 wrote: Good Morning DT, PayPal updates will be inbound later today. :D
Update please!
I paid by PayPal on Sep 8, but 7bot still sends the invoice that say pay to you. :o

My invoice is :
Round 5: INVOICE #0787

astonlau

15 Sep 2016, 13:05

Osamu Sho wrote:
SL89 wrote: Good Morning DT, PayPal updates will be inbound later today. :D
Update please!
I paid by PayPal on Sep 8, but 7bot still sends the invoice that say pay to you. :o

My invoice is :
Round 5: INVOICE #0787
SAME HERE :o :o

eddible

15 Sep 2016, 13:10

Guys you just need to hang tight for now. The invoice will automatically keep being sent until the current PayPal collector sends an update at which point it'll show on your invoice. I recently sent a bit more cash and am also waiting. Don't worry, it'll appear! You'll just find updates from the collector tend to be sporadic as to avoid them doing it continually.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

15 Sep 2016, 13:17

Maybe I get a chance to meet 7bit in person soon and I will be able to report if he really is a four dimensional being.

Either way ... this GB runs very very slowly and there is no need to rush things...

mecano

15 Sep 2016, 13:37

eddible wrote: Guys you just need to hang tight for now. The invoice will automatically keep being sent until the current PayPal collector sends an update at which point it'll show on your invoice. I recently sent a bit more cash and am also waiting. Don't worry, it'll appear! You'll just find updates from the collector tend to be sporadic as to avoid them doing it continually.
And you Paypal users don't feel bad, even via wire transfer I'm receiving these ;)
Wodan wrote: Maybe I get a chance to meet 7bit in person soon and I will be able to report if he really is a four dimensional being.
I bet a square and blue being (with numerous limbs to run the GBs)!

Return to “Group buys”