Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

User avatar
developstopfix

13 Dec 2017, 19:22

In his defense I guess the original production dates were in early 2016 and got pushed back a few months after he placed his order, and then again a few times after that, but that info was readily available in the wiki and this thread. I put my order in at the beginning of this year and even then I knew there was a good chance I wouldn't see the caps until 2018.

User avatar
zslane

13 Dec 2017, 19:27

Welcome to the world of custom keycaps. Double-shot SA keycaps take forever nowadays (the waiting list is 9-12 months long just to get a newly designed set onto the manufacturing machines). But beyond that, Round 6 in particular has been plagued by numerous setbacks since it first went up for pre-order in September of 2014. One thing everyone eventually learns when getting in on a 7bit group buy is eternal patience. It is just the way it is.

User avatar
Halvar

13 Dec 2017, 19:27

@WilliamG: I paid for my Round 5 order on November 18, 2013 and got my magnificent keycaps on August 8, 2015. Many people paid much earlier in Round 5 and waited longer than 2 years. You could have known that if you had read up on 7bit's GBs before committing.

In other words: it will be fine. Eventually.
Attachments
IMG_20151210_222425 (Large).jpg
IMG_20151210_222425 (Large).jpg (209.37 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
Last edited by Halvar on 13 Dec 2017, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Myoth

13 Dec 2017, 19:36

WilliamG wrote:
Myoth wrote:
WilliamG wrote: My invoice number is 0818, fully paid in the amount of $170 USD 01/16/2016. It's now 12/13/2017. Just about 2 full years and I've never received a thing. I would strongly advise anybody interested in these keycaps not to give this scammer any money.
This isn't a scam, send the bot a message saying "wassup" and you'll know what's happening, and if you're really this angry, you can try SHIP NOW but maybe all your kits won't be in the same parcel. In anyway, this isn't a scam, I've ordered some kits this year and got them rather quickly.
If not a scam then so massively incompetent as to be functionally identical to a scam.
This is not the runners fault though, it's Signature Plastic that delays the production of this GB. maybe SP is a scam :P
alienman82 wrote:
Myoth wrote:
WilliamG wrote: My invoice number is 0818, fully paid in the amount of $170 USD 01/16/2016. It's now 12/13/2017. Just about 2 full years and I've never received a thing. I would strongly advise anybody interested in these keycaps not to give this scammer any money.
This isn't a scam, send the bot a message saying "wassup" and you'll know what's happening, and if you're really this angry, you can try SHIP NOW but maybe all your kits won't be in the same parcel. In anyway, this isn't a scam, I've ordered some kits this year and got them rather quickly.
that's asking a little much don't you think? I've never bought something in 2 years where I had to message to a bot...
True, but this is not a scam, I can understand that from an outsider's pov this could be seen as a scam, but 7bit has been keeping us updated and wasn't any shady about this, it's not like he didn't talk or anything, SP can and should be the one people are angry about.

klayyan

13 Dec 2017, 19:54

I ordered leftovers in Oct. and received them in late Nov.
Just give 7bit more time.

User avatar
zslane

13 Dec 2017, 19:59

Nobody should be angry with Signature Plastics. They only make keycaps that have been paid for, and 7bit ran into a liquidity crisis a little over a year ago, which put phase 2 in jeopardy and delayed it by an extra year. Before that, an SVG file with incorrect scale factors was sent to SP for phase 1, putting 7bit in a financial hole about $10k deep, and that had ripple effects. Moreover, every time something happened that delayed payment, it put the completion of Round 6 further back in a growing line of projects that wanted production time on the double-shot machines. And all that drama took place after 7bit sent the final order to SP, which he didn't do until at least a year after opening up pre-orders, during which time he added kits, adjusted others, and took requests from the community.

User avatar
Menuhin

13 Dec 2017, 22:07

@WilliamG
Welcome to the ultimate marathon group-buy for mechanical keyboard enthusiasts on this planet earth. This is the ultimate test of patience and among all other projects. However, it is definitely not a scam.
But I really like how you described it, "...so massively incompetent as to be functionally identical to a scam..." :lol:

I would say, instead of incompetent, 7bit is quite competent: single-handedly managed the $10k deep financial hole due to production error, being persistent with Signature Plastics, and juggled around hundreds of orders by himself and his "bot". I don't like it either, messaging a bot, called "7bot", so confusing. I would rather 7bit has an attractive keyboard-licking secretary or product manager that I can text and chat over the phone or Skype.

But I still have faith about the work of one of the earliest group-buy project starters of the virtual mechanical keyboard community. It doesn't feel like a group-buy; instead, it feels like you put in your installment of a club, in hope of a person will be functioning healthily for the next few years, and then eventually - eventually something will be resulted.

User avatar
mecano

13 Dec 2017, 22:23

Actually the correct message is SHIPNOW (see wiki/Round_5#Example_.28If_you_want_to_ ... hip_now.29)
Because this GB is alive and leftover kits and whatnot are made on order and get sold very quickly, yes the buyer expected behaviour is to say when she/he has finish shopping, this is how it works and how it is documented.

@WilliamG
eddible already responded to you in december 2016, and Oblotzky pined it down again, your order is
HONEYB/TKL |TKL grey/white kit |129.00| 1| 86| 129.00
HONEYB/CURSOR/R34/BLACK |Cursor kit (row 3/UP:4) | 6.00| 1| 4| 6.00
HONEYB/BACKSPACE200/BLACK|BACK SPACE (row 1, 2u) | 6.00| 1| 1| 6.00
HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY |CONTROL (r 3, 1.75 u) | 12.00| 1| 2| 12.00
HONEYB/RETURN225/RED |RETURN (row 3, 2.25u) | 6.00| 1| 1| 6.00
HONEYB/R3U125/GREY |blank key (grey) | 3.00| 1| 1| 3.00
HONEYB/R1U100/RED |blank key (red) | 1.00| 1| 1| 1.00
right?

So these are phase 2 and are currently being sorted and will ship asap afaik, you are not the only who is waiting, I am too and so are others. So please use a little patience. It's a group buy maintained by an individual as you know and seeing how all this went through he is doing pretty well.
There were several delays and hiccups along the journey, if you want to know how and why, feel free to browse this thread.

User avatar
rominronin

14 Dec 2017, 07:00

Halvar wrote: @WilliamG: I paid for my Round 5 order on November 18, 2013 and got my magnificent keycaps on August 8, 2015. Many people paid much earlier in Round 5 and waited longer than 2 years. You could have known that if you had read up on 7bit's GBs before committing.

In other words: it will be fine. Eventually.
Deee-Lish-Us

heymark

14 Dec 2017, 07:22

@7bit when ship 1160 :shock:

profanu429

14 Dec 2017, 15:08

Every day looking for that elusive HONEYB/SHIFT175/GREY...

I do spy a lone HONEYG/F1TOF12/GREY ;) Someone might be interested in that!

lukenukum

14 Dec 2017, 15:53

profanu429 wrote: Every day looking for that elusive HONEYB/SHIFT175/GREY...

I do spy a lone HONEYG/F1TOF12/GREY ;) Someone might be interested in that!
thanks, that would have been me for sure but bagged one already! I think, hope, pray... :D

a black shift 225 would suit me though!

LastBrat

14 Dec 2017, 19:57

I have some HoneygG and HoneyB "locked", and assumed they would just ship once everything is in, but now I don't know: do I need to message 7bot with SENDNOW if I want the package to be sent, or will it be sent when 7bit is done sorting the keycaps?

User avatar
zslane

14 Dec 2017, 20:11

You could add SHIPNOW to your order, but there really isn't any point. None of the HONEY, HONEYB, or HONEYG keycaps are holding up shipment. It all comes down to when 7bit gets around to packing and sending, which he will get around to according to his own schedule and method.

LastBrat

14 Dec 2017, 21:18

zslane wrote: You could add SHIPNOW to your order, but there really isn't any point. None of the HONEY, HONEYB, or HONEYG keycaps are holding up shipment. It all comes down to when 7bit gets around to packing and sending, which he will get around to according to his own schedule and method.
Thanks, that's what I thought, but got confused, thinking they will not be sent untill the sendnow has been sent.

ihalatch

16 Dec 2017, 00:55

Paid again. I spent so much money it's not even funny. I must be going mad :)

User avatar
Menuhin

16 Dec 2017, 01:43

I want to add two caps, but if the e-mail from 7bot indicated there is only 1 in Stk, then that means there is no hope to get two?

Edit:
@7bit
I want to have two HONEYB/SHIFT150/CADET and it is indicated that there is only 1 in stock.
Can you find one more under you bed or hidden in a carton box.....? :oops:
Last edited by Menuhin on 16 Dec 2017, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LightningXI

16 Dec 2017, 15:36

Hey 7bit, I ordered leftovers on invoice 1152 quite some time ago. I haven't seen movement on these despite that these should be in stock items. Would you please update me on their status?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

User avatar
7bit

16 Dec 2017, 15:46

It seems I don't do anything, but in fact I'm quite busily packing.

The reason why this is so slow is because I have to grab all kits together from 20 different boxes.

Also: I pack the largest orders first (except for 0976 which was a psecial case), so these take time.

However, here is the prograss, I've made so far:
0976 shipped :cool:
0789 packing :roll:
1111 packing :roll:

User avatar
bluesclera

16 Dec 2017, 15:56

7bit wrote: It seems I don't do anything, but in fact I'm quite busily packing.

The reason why this is so slow is because I have to grab all kits together from 20 different boxes.

Also: I pack the largest orders first (except for 0976 which was a psecial case), so these take time.

However, here is the prograss, I've made so far:
0976 shipped :cool:
0789 packing :roll:
1111 packing :roll:

7bit you mentioned order 1240 as a winning number on Nov 28 but the locked items still have not shipped.

82d28a

16 Dec 2017, 15:57

Thank you 7bit, for being patient with our impatience sometimes. I am glad this is finally ending.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

astro

16 Dec 2017, 16:05

seems my package was not large enough :oops:

User avatar
7bit

16 Dec 2017, 16:10

You can still change that!
:evilgeek:

User avatar
bluesclera

16 Dec 2017, 16:35

haha, It's like when you say good morning to your neighbor and they just ignore you even thou you're certain they heard you.

82d28a

16 Dec 2017, 16:49

Thank you 7bit, for being patient with our impatience sometimes. I am glad this is finally ending.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
LightningXI

16 Dec 2017, 17:21

7bit wrote:It seems I don't do anything, but in fact I'm quite busily packing.

The reason why this is so slow is because I have to grab all kits together from 20 different boxes.

Also: I pack the largest orders first (except for 0976 which was a psecial case), so these take time.

However, here is the prograss, I've made so far:
0976 shipped :cool:
0789 packing :roll:
1111 packing :roll:
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed for mine soon! Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

User avatar
Menuhin

16 Dec 2017, 17:36

A question: what keyboard(s) uses a row 3 shift?
HONEYB/SHIFT175R3/ ???

NMassa

16 Dec 2017, 20:37

I'm a bit ashamed to ask this but....
a few days ago I payed money to goddarnm@gmail.com via paypal according to the e-mail invoice.
The content of the confirmation e-mail come from Paypal was as follows.

You've sent $ *** USD to Mitch Goddard.

Your note to Mitch Goddard:

  R5 1264 NMassa

Is my payment processing done properly?
Also, can I get the transfer confirmation email?

User avatar
zslane

16 Dec 2017, 21:27

Looks correct to me, NMassa.

The only "confirmation" you will get will be an updated invoice showing your payment. It will probably take a day or two before you get that (it depends on when goddard sends the payment info to 7bit, followed by when 7bit gets around to sending out updated invoices after that).

NMassa

16 Dec 2017, 22:45

zslane wrote: Looks correct to me, NMassa.

The only "confirmation" you will get will be an updated invoice showing your payment. It will probably take a day or two before you get that (it depends on when goddard sends the payment info to 7bit, followed by when 7bit gets around to sending out updated invoices after that).
Thank you very much.
After I paid on the 13th, 3-4 days, it has passed, so I'm a little worried.
I will wait a little longer for contact from 7bit.

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”