Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Zombimuncha

26 Aug 2015, 15:57

"Fingers crossed" for delete.
Like "I didn't really mean it I had my fingers crossed when I said it"

7bit

26 Aug 2015, 16:01

Please make someone SVG-graphics for these. Ideally the one who did the Space Cadet hands.
:-)

spuit

26 Aug 2015, 18:48

How about this. :lol:

7bit

26 Aug 2015, 19:17

These shipped today:

notmatt

26 Aug 2015, 20:06

7bit wrote: He, he! There seems always to be one guy per group buy who demands one key or kit after the other. I hope, everybody sees now that it isn't me who bloats up my group buys.
:evilgeek:
So... what about a Workman addition to the Colemak/Dvorak set? It's only three little keys!

Halvar

26 Aug 2015, 20:24

I think the up and down thumb would be better suited as Insert (thumb up) and Delete (thumb down), while PgUp and PgDn would better be represented by the pointing fingers pointing up and down.

My favourite Insert and Delete legends are still the traditional ones though:
insdel.jpg
insdel.jpg (3.94 KiB) Viewed 4314 times

7bit

26 Aug 2015, 20:26

I always wondered what the meaning of these 2 was.

Halvar

26 Aug 2015, 20:28

spuit wrote: How about this. :lol:

Why not a whole Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock set? :lol:

zslane

26 Aug 2015, 20:29

I would point out that I am not proposing any new legends to the SYMBOLS set. The Space Cadet symbols are all I care about. (I might also point out that I only requested new text legends in the FUNCTION set where there were unclaimed legends to define in the first place.)

As for row afinity, my plan is to use the Hands as cursor arrow keys, so the existing row 3 keycaps work for me. The roman numeral keys are going to go above the numpad, as Muirium indicates, hence the need for row 1 on those. I am getting both SPH-grey and BLUE for these in any case because I am building a full Space Cadet-themed keyboard and I want both as color options for these "unusual" keys.

P.S. Does anyone happen to know what the Hand keys were actually used for on the real Space Cadet keyboard (when hooked up to a Lisp Machine back in the day)?

Muirium
µ

26 Aug 2015, 20:40

Either I get the HANDNAV the way I want it, or I ain't buying. Fine, so it's not much of a threat, but it's an accurate one! Those hands have said page up etc. to me since I first saw them show up here in this thread, ages ago. They have no other purpose I care enough to buy for!

Mind, they'd look silly without a matching delete and (no function here) insert. So I guess we need those.

7bit

26 Aug 2015, 21:41

zslane wrote: P.S. Does anyone happen to know what the Hand keys were actually used for on the real Space Cadet keyboard (when hooked up to a Lisp Machine back in the day)?
Here it comes again:
The numerals are for short menus with at most 4 elements.
The thumb up and thumb down are for yes/no and the pointing hands are for previous/next.

Muirium
µ

26 Aug 2015, 21:45

7bit wrote:
zslane wrote: P.S. Does anyone happen to know what the Hand keys were actually used for on the real Space Cadet keyboard (when hooked up to a Lisp Machine back in the day)?
Here it comes again:
The thumb up and thumb down are for yes/no and the pointing hands are for previous/next.
I use a computer. Not an ATM. They're only useful to me if they fit the navigation island. They even get to live side by side as intended.

zslane

26 Aug 2015, 23:20

7bit wrote:
Here it comes again:
Thanks 7bit!

I didn't realize the first time around that you were describing their original functions. I thought you were just describing your own favorite use for them.

trankzen

27 Aug 2015, 01:55

7bit wrote: These shipped today:
YES! Thank you!

McPwned

27 Aug 2015, 03:31

7bit wrote:
McPwned wrote: What's the difference between HONEY/FUNCTION/R3 and HONEY/FUNCTION/R3/E?
The HONEY/FUNCTION/R3/E are extra kits I made from the overrun I got with the regular order. These are not made up from grab bag keys, so they are the same as HONEY/FUNCTION/R3.
Thanks; ordered.

zslane

27 Aug 2015, 04:00

Muirium wrote: I use a computer. Not an ATM. They're only useful to me if they fit the navigation island. They even get to live side by side as intended.
I agree with you, on the whole. It's just that I'd like the option of using the Hand symbols as arrow keys. The full HONEYB/SYMBOLS kit contains 16 keycaps as it stands now. I think the combination of keys/rows below would cover all our proposed use-case combinations:
proposed_symbols_kit.png
proposed_symbols_kit.png (13.54 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
I can see 7bit pulling his hair out from our shenanigans...

7bit

27 Aug 2015, 10:25

zslane wrote:
Muirium wrote: I use a computer. Not an ATM. They're only useful to me if they fit the navigation island. They even get to live side by side as intended.
I agree with you, on the whole. It's just that I'd like the option of using the Hand symbols as arrow keys. The full HONEYB/SYMBOLS kit contains 16 keycaps as it stands now. I think the combination of keys/rows below would cover all our proposed use-case combinations:
proposed_symbols_kit.png
I can see 7bit pulling his hair out from our shenanigans...
I'm impressed!
:o

The graphic looks real.
:ugeek:

No reason to pull any hair out.
:lol:

The only reason you say that is because you are new to this.
:?

This thing happens all the time. Try the same in any other group buy and you will most presumably run against a wall.
:sad:

But, 7bit can handle this! No matter how long it takes.
:evilgeek: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
^ me ------ ^ ---- anybody else ---- ^

Hugo

27 Aug 2015, 10:50

I am newbie.
Just purchased, any confirmation should i get?
How long should i wait?
I can't find any schedule exactly? a year?
and i have an advice for you that this topic is too old and too many pages and replies that not friendly for newbie

7bit

27 Aug 2015, 10:53

My plan is to deliver before Christmas.

scottc

27 Aug 2015, 10:56

Christmas 2019, yes? :evil:

7bit

27 Aug 2015, 13:49

stop-the-bot.png
stop-the-bot.png (24.01 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
:roll:

Norman_

27 Aug 2015, 14:33

I'm also a newbie, with hopefully my last question. How much should I have paid by the deadline? 100% would be optimal for you, I'm sure, but is there a minimum, or what?

dotdrew

27 Aug 2015, 15:02

7bit wrote: My plan is to deliver before Christmas.
The perfect gift for Christmas! Out of curiosity, how big is Round 5a so far compared to the order you submitted for Round 5?

Phill1

27 Aug 2015, 16:09

Norman_ wrote: I'm also a newbie, with hopefully my last question. How much should I have paid by the deadline? 100% would be optimal for you, I'm sure, but is there a minimum, or what?
80% to lock in prices

7bit

27 Aug 2015, 16:12

Yep.

idlebot

27 Aug 2015, 17:57

I sent my order two days ago (and some additions a day later) but I haven't got an invoice yet. In fact, both messages are sitting on the message outbox. Was the bot run in the past couple of days?

I just want to make sure I don't miss the deadline. :)

7bit

27 Aug 2015, 18:01

Maybe it is considered as spam by Bill Gates himself.
:evilgeek:

idlebot

27 Aug 2015, 18:34

Indeed it was. Thanks! :)

Muirium
µ

27 Aug 2015, 19:38

Hey, what's this about a 2 gram shipment?

Code: Select all

==============================================================
      Your order will be shipped uninsured, without tracking,
      in 1 pack, at a weight of 2g.
==============================================================
My order looks like this!

Code: Select all

Order-ID                |Description                   | Price|Qty| Pcs|  Total
HONEYB/ALPHA/BLUE       |ALPHA blue kit                | 59.00|  1|  49|  59.00
HONEYB/SPACE625/SPH     |Space (6.25 units; grey)      |  2.00|  1|   1|   2.00
HONEYB/SPACE625/BLUE    |Space (6.25 units; blue)      |  2.00|  1|   1|   2.00
                        |                              |      |   |    |       
LOCKED                  |items that can't be cleared   |      |   |    |       
HONEY/GTLT/RED          |greater less (row 4; red)     |  2.00|  1|   1|   2.00
                        |Shipping costs                |      |   |    |   7.00
That missing red <> is annoying, but not 7 bucks worth of annoying. I'll have it with Round 5abcd thanks. And some HANDNAV…

infodroid

27 Aug 2015, 22:24

Question about the 5a spherical kit HONEYB/TKL/SPH. Are all the keys spherical, or just the alphas?

Return to “Group buys”