Group Buy Interest Check HHKB Control/ESC keycap set

cookie

21 Dec 2013, 00:47

Hey everyone,

I'd like to organize a group buy for those awesome caps: http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/direct/hhkb/ ... -proc.html

First I'd like to know if you guys are interested :)

trax

21 Dec 2013, 02:12

People on GH seem to be thinking the same thing, but the current Type-S sale (210 eur, with leather plam rest) is also a good deal don't you think?

If someone decides to also GB Type-S I might jump on board. But I defo want one of these.

Muirium
µ

21 Dec 2013, 02:30

A Type-S sale, you say?

Ascaii
The Beard

21 Dec 2013, 02:35

Can you give an estimate of what the caps will cost shipped to europe? I am tempted, but i need to know how much of a hole they will put in my pocket.

Muirium
µ

21 Dec 2013, 13:40

I wonder if the HHKB sale could be a way to clear the decks for, oh say, an HHKB Pro 3 next year?

http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/direct/hhkb/

HzFaq

21 Dec 2013, 14:36

Depending on the final cost, I'd take a set of those caps.

ne0phyte
Toast.

21 Dec 2013, 19:29

I only have a use for the blank caps. Anyone with printed caps who'd be interested in splitting one?
Preferably from Germany/Europe.

EDIT: I found someone. Depending on the final price (caps+shipping+vat) I'd take one.
Last edited by ne0phyte on 21 Dec 2013, 19:44, edited 2 times in total.

pexon

21 Dec 2013, 19:32

I'd be interested in a set of caps too. I'd do unspeakable things for Anthracite JP

Neal

21 Dec 2013, 19:39

As I said on GH, I'd be interested in a number of things. Shirt, keyset, and 1 or 2 HHKB's. but seeing that GB would go to USA first would be cool if we could make one happen for EU.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Dec 2013, 19:46

do we have a proxy in JP?

kyb

21 Dec 2013, 20:15

Count me in. I'm definitely interested!

ne0phyte
Toast.

21 Dec 2013, 22:07

Muirium wrote:I wonder if the HHKB sale could be a way to clear the decks for, oh say, an HHKB Pro 3 next year?
They better not do that... If it is clearly superior to the HHKB2 I'll have to get one :shock:

Ichigo87

21 Dec 2013, 22:29

I am interested too

trax

21 Dec 2013, 22:52

All the Type-S boards have the same price on rakuten and come with a leather palm rest and maybe the Control/ESC keycap set if we are part of the first 300 orders. Although rakuten allows sellers to ship abroad, PFU does not. So using a proxy is a must.
I read good things about http://www.jshoppers.com some days ago, maybe someone else has suggestions?

These are the prices per product:

Keyboards: 29800
T-Shirts: 2100 yen
Color key set: 1890
English keycaps: 4500
JP keycaps: 4900

Shipping is an extra 1810 yen (1710 shipping fee for 0.5kg and 100 for handling of JShoppers)
That would be 223 euro (31610 yen) for a Type-S delivered to Europe, without group buy.

For more info, I found an english page of PFU's profile on rakuten: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pfudirect/

I'm most likely going to get some stuff, but is it worth it to group-buy this?

EXTRA:
Buying this a HHKB Type-S from PFUDIRECT, through JShoppers.com should be ~222 euro, from EK it would be ~333 euro

Muirium
µ

21 Dec 2013, 23:23

That's actually very tempting, even for a cynic!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Dec 2013, 23:31

I believe this is worth only if you find a proxy in Japan who can send the goods to you declaring a very small value.

trax

22 Dec 2013, 01:14

matt3o wrote:I believe this is worth only if you find a proxy in Japan who can send the goods to you declaring a very small value.
Isn't that risky?

ne0phyte
Toast.

22 Dec 2013, 01:45

trax wrote:
matt3o wrote:I believe this is worth only if you find a proxy in Japan who can send the goods to you declaring a very small value.
Isn't that risky?
Nah. How should the customs office people know what a bunch of simple plastic pieces are worth?

Muirium
µ

22 Dec 2013, 13:29

Google?

If the original box is shipped, and has something they could look up, it's much easier for them than the SSK and big box of Kishsavers I imported from Tinnie recently. And even with that mysterious, boxless, old IBM stuff Her Madge's Customs & Excise still pulled out a number higher than Tinnie declared for. But then these guys were all big and heavy, so caught their eye.

cookie

23 Dec 2013, 11:28

Well there are a few proxy services we could use to get the stuff to my place, I'd send them to you guys as soon as I get them. Well if the GB is getting bigger and bigger I am afraight that we simply can't avoid paying tax :(

And if we are ordering only the caps, I think that I could send them to you guys as a letter not as a parcel, that would reduce unnecessary shipping cost!

Edit: Well I am currently creating an tenso.com account to somehow get the stuff over to europe. I need to find out how much this will cost to calculate the price. I got messages that some people are worried about the GB taking to long so I will hurry a bit.

cookie

23 Dec 2013, 15:30

ne0phyte wrote:
Muirium wrote:I wonder if the HHKB sale could be a way to clear the decks for, oh say, an HHKB Pro 3 next year?
They better not do that... If it is clearly superior to the HHKB2 I'll have to get one :shock:
I can still you about this, the Pro2 is not really superior to the Pro1, so I don't think the Pro3 will be like "over the top" but if it comes in various colors, well then wer are all screwed!

Are you in or what? :D

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Dec 2013, 15:37

I might take a HHKB2 actually... depends on final cost

tlt

23 Dec 2013, 16:32

If it does no get too expensive I'm in for a set.

Muirium
µ

23 Dec 2013, 17:01

I could also well be interested in an HHKB Pro 2 or even a Type S, all depending on cost and taxes and not causing you too much bother.

ne0phyte
Toast.

24 Dec 2013, 01:50

cookie wrote:Are you in or what? :D
Just scroll up ;)
ne0phyte wrote: [...] Depending on the final price (caps+shipping+vat) I'd take one.

cookie

24 Dec 2013, 11:29

God dammit... I really need to send a proof of identity to tenso.com? Well this will take a while :( :( :(

Muirium
µ

24 Dec 2013, 12:04

You're stuck back at the same registration stage as me then. Blast!

You upload a photo or two of your relevant ID, by the way, but then you must wait for a letter they send to confirm you gave them your true address.

cookie

24 Dec 2013, 12:11

Jeah I will send this soon... Next Problem is the credit card :(

What must a man do to get those caps?!?!?!

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

24 Dec 2013, 12:15

It's up at ebay for pre-order - ID 271350474411
Bland NEW
This is the pre-order item. Scheduled to be released Dec 28, 2013. This product is shipped after release date.

trax

24 Dec 2013, 12:30

JShoppers doesn't seem to require this verification process...

Return to “Group buys”