[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

Muirium
µ

07 Apr 2014, 12:09

I plan to buy mono, international mono, and windowed by the way!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Apr 2014, 12:14

you are the man!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Apr 2014, 12:20

matt3o wrote:really, the only problem will be international monolegend, base blank, additional blanks and windowed maybe
As interest has been expressed here for the international monolegend while I appear to still be the only one to have ordered it, I think it would be a good idea for those interested to place their orders as well. Il will no doubt help convince some who still hesitate because they doubt it will make it.

Muirium
µ

07 Apr 2014, 12:23

I have enough cash to place about a third of my order. I suppose I could make it the endangered third…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Apr 2014, 12:23

I'll try to have them manufactured together with the mono-legends anyway... but of course that's up to SP.

fifted

07 Apr 2014, 16:08

Are you intl mono fans getting them as essentially more novelty caps (here's looking at you, Mu), or are there more specific needs? (Sell me on them, I'm getting mono legend for my number row but am wavering when it comes to the intl monos.)

Ichigo87

07 Apr 2014, 16:38

I think, it's purely aesthetic, they don't need legend so it's nicer and more uniform to get every keycaps with a single legend. And it is also more "retro compliant".

Jmneuv

07 Apr 2014, 18:02

Are any off-center stem caps locks/mods in this set?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Apr 2014, 18:04

Jmneuv wrote:Are any off-center stem caps locks/mods in this set?
all stepped keys are off-center

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Apr 2014, 18:33

fifted wrote:Are you intl mono fans getting them as essentially more novelty caps (here's looking at you, Mu), or are there more specific needs? (Sell me on them, I'm getting mono legend for my number row but am wavering when it comes to the intl monos.)
I'm planning a "very extended" extra num pad for my Tipro using the "mono legend" keys, but while I'm at it it should have everything else I have ever needed in the last 12 months or so when typing numbers. This includes several "international mono legend" keys, including of course (don't know what is supposed to be "international" about it anyway ;) ), ° like in 1°) and 2°) (in French numbered lists for first, second, and so on), § because I quite frequently have to deal with legal texts. Of course these signs are present on the alpha keyboard, but I want them as num pad keys of their own because they are always associated with numbers.

So no, not novelty caps. Work tools, at least for me.

Supergeek

07 Apr 2014, 19:17

Not enough interesting keys left in the Nerdom kit, I'm out.

Too many keys aimed at individuals, not enough toward general nerd and geek interests. And two Amiga keys? I had an Amiga 1000, but c'mon, it's an italicized A.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Apr 2014, 19:32

Supergeek wrote:Not enough interesting keys left in the Nerdom kit, I'm out.

Too many keys aimed at individuals, not enough toward general nerd and geek interests. And two Amiga keys? I had an Amiga 1000, but c'mon, it's an italicized A.
I don't understand what you are talking about. Really.

Muirium
µ

07 Apr 2014, 19:50

He's just asking for more Amiga keys!

To answer fifted: besides my beloved µ (which I'm sure Matt put in there as bait to catch me) I'm also very much after the § key, like kbdfr. I type those a lot too, and it is the unshifted character of my top left key on ISO boards (as I use Apple's oddball variant ISO-UK on those) so that cap's one of my must haves to complete the overall mono legend look.

Sure enough, mono international is a minority of a minority. I salute Matt's effort to cover as many layouts as possible (especially Cyrillic!) and for fair prices too, but it's a stretch and we'll be lucky if we get them.

Back to Nerdom: I'm delighted with how it is now, and if we squeeze an SGI and NeXT in there it's going to be Christmas!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Apr 2014, 20:03

Muirium wrote:Back to Nerdom: I'm delighted with how it is now, and if we squeeze an SGI and NeXT in there it's going to be Christmas!
I'll do my best to squeeze them in (both!). Speaking of which, tomorrow I'll be back designing the legends, starting from Cyrillic.

drrtyrokka

07 Apr 2014, 20:09

icons stuck again... come on guys.

Jmneuv

07 Apr 2014, 21:48

lang packs tipped !
2 more iSO enter sets for next tier !

Muirium
µ

07 Apr 2014, 21:53

Phew!
matt3o wrote:
Muirium wrote:Back to Nerdom: I'm delighted with how it is now, and if we squeeze an SGI and NeXT in there it's going to be Christmas!
I'll do my best to squeeze them in (both!). Speaking of which, tomorrow I'll be back designing the legends, starting from Cyrillic.
Great stuff.

fifted

07 Apr 2014, 22:30

Thanks Mu for stirring my soul with the wonders of internationality, I am always glad to learn more reasons to buy lots of keys!

I am loving the diversity of sets, too. Thanks Matt3o!

Madhias
BS TORPE

07 Apr 2014, 23:55

So, ordered right now. One more DE language set :-)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Apr 2014, 09:37

All international kits have been tipped. ISO fracking enter needs more love!

And all of you guys are forgetting to add the nerdom kit!

You might regret it...

zulios

08 Apr 2014, 11:26

Great news for the intl kits :)

I need to make a change in my order, and that means cancelling everything and re submitting. Don't worry if you see the numbers decreasing today (I have 3 FR kits), I'll order again tonight or tomorrow at latest.

It's interesting how SP didn't say a word about the Star Wars keys. Usually they refuse to produce them.

nerdvana

08 Apr 2014, 11:33

Woohoo! I'm down for two Icon Mods (now $36) and a Nerdom (among others).

With that, I'd like to reiterate my support for a 1U "42" key in the Nerdom set!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Apr 2014, 11:34

zulios wrote:Great news for the intl kits :)

I need to make a change in my order, and that means cancelling everything and re submitting. Don't worry if you see the numbers decreasing today (I have 3 FR kits), I'll order again tonight or tomorrow at latest.
just tell SP what you want changed, I believe they can do that for you.

PS: 100 BASE SETS!

Vierax

08 Apr 2014, 15:41

Sorry I still wait for the Maltron guy, but I'm adjusting my cart.
I just saw something weird in the estimate shipping : adding only one base set increases it drastically but adding 100 iso blank doesn't increase the estimation at all :o

jdeblese

08 Apr 2014, 15:49

Well, we were worried when it started off slow, but looks like it's taken off. Apart from the link campaign, the render and such, I think Macross arriving also did quite a bit of good.

Here's to hoping that prices come down enough that I can buy everything :D

Oh, and before I forget, re: legends I noticed that the RGB icons are still using the old version of the CTRL symbol.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Apr 2014, 16:33

jdeblese wrote:Oh, and before I forget, re: legends I noticed that the RGB icons are still using the old version of the CTRL symbol.
I've noticed that too, thanks for the heads up!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Apr 2014, 16:43

I made some tests with the cyrillic set, the only viable alternative for the num-row I could think of is the following

It doesn't look horrible. If you have other ideas, please speak

Muirium
µ

08 Apr 2014, 16:51

Probably better off with no number row at all instead of mixed.

Vierax

08 Apr 2014, 18:08

Matt, do you know what is the transporter they use for large amount ? USPS, DHL, FedEx… and if the shipping is tracked ?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Apr 2014, 18:16

I think they use USPS for everything but I always ask to ship with dhl or fedex (paying the --big-- difference). Shipping is tracked, yes. You get the receipt from stamp.com

Return to “Group buys”